DevonDeathTrip

Coleman Falls?

Is that really Cliff Morgan? Looks like his head's been photoshopped onto his body. Or he's wearing someone else's clothes. Or summat. Whichever, it don't look right.

• Like 1

I've searched for this, as it seems to have been reported late - the great Alec Weeks

Apart from this, three weeks ago, in this very thread!

BBC Comentator Idwal Robling has died aged 84.

He was the chap who got his break by winning the competition to find a new commentator for the 1970 World Cup.

CNN commentator Nick Charles has succumbed to cancer at 64

UK obit. That'll be a unique pick on the DDP for A Pelican In The Wilderness.

Blimey, they pile up don't they? :P

Blimey, they pile up don't they? :P

Tell me about it.

Britain's second most famous darts commentator Tony Green, perhaps better known for his appearances on Bullseye, is suffering from cancer of the tongue.

Wish it'd been Waddell and the tongue had to go, can't stand the bloke. The ultimate Marmite commentator, along with Alan Green (who I also can't stand). Thinking about it, nobody likes Alan Green do they.

Freddie Flintoff was guest commentating on the darts yesterday. Enthusiastic, but pretty shit.

Unlike Harry, I quite like Sid Waddell.

However, the news that he's been diagnosed with bowel cancer may be of interest.

One of his fellow commentators on today's grand slam of darts coverage said Sid was "in terrific spirits" when he visited him this week. He didn't say if the visit was in a hospital or at home.

If I was a darts player my walk-on music would be one of Satie's Trois Gymnopédies. So redolent of Susannah falling down the stairs to her death in Brookside.

Waddell's back on Twitter for those of you who want a real time update on his progress. Treatment is going "well", he feels "surprisingly good", presumably he's back at home if he's having to travel for blood tests, and he says he hopes to be back in the seat for the World Championships.

Just saw Sid in the crowd during Nicholson/Huybrechts. Twitter sez he's been advised against commentating this year by doctors.

Colourful French football commentator Thierry Roland has died aged 74.

Clive Tyldesly could probably learn a thing or two from him,

Rolland's mellifluous tones gained huge popularity and on more than one occasion saved him from being sacked for ill-chosen phrases.

The first such instance came in 1976 in a match between France and Bulgaria in which he lost his sang froid with the Scottish referee over his awarding a penalty to the Bulgarians.

"Mr Foote, you are a bastard!" he cried on live television.

Colourful French football commentator Thierry Roland has died aged 74.

Clive Tyldesly could probably learn a thing or two from him,

Rolland's mellifluous tones gained huge popularity and on more than one occasion saved him from being sacked for ill-chosen phrases.

The first such instance came in 1976 in a match between France and Bulgaria in which he lost his sang froid with the Scottish referee over his awarding a penalty to the Bulgarians.

"Mr Foote, you are a bastard!" he cried on live television.

''Mr Foote'' was who I used to indirectly get tickets from for Cup games lol....

Tony Gubba's dead. Weird that a man who was such an integral part of sport for over 40 years could be so unmemorable when you think about it, but there you go.

Still, the curse of Half Man Half Biscuit claims another body:

• Like 1

And yet Jon Champion lives...

RIP Tony Gubba,on our list at work,he was the poor man's Steve Rider,or was Steve Rider the poor man's Tony Gubba??? who knows???

I have a signed photo of Tony Gubba, so I'm ecstatic that it's now probably doubled in value.....

...to 20p.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

it's sad that nearly all t he commentators mentioned in t his thread are now dead and gone.some of them quite legendary too :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21764630

John Fucking McCririck in hospital with fatcuntitis or summat.

He's said to be in a "comfortable condition" which means he's sat up in bed, watching telly and having tea & biscuits.

• Like 1

I would have thought McCrirrick would be in a stable condition...

...I'll get me coat.

• Like 4

it's sad that nearly all t he commentators mentioned in t his thread are now dead and gone.some of them quite legendary too :(

Hmmm, probably something to do with the fact that this is 'Deathlist'. That's 'DEATHlist'. The clue is in the name, no? Bellend.