DevonDeathTrip

Coleman Falls?

2 hours ago, charon said:

So Brackley is the first of the Saint and Greavsie presenters to go (stood in for Greaves when he was ill) , that's a shock in itself.

Also for the committee as its the wrong Brackers.:facepalm:

There's a piece in the latest 442, marking 24 years since Euro 96, a sitdown interview with John Motson and Barry Davies about their career/rivalry. Davies seems mentally in great form, but these photos make him look a lot older than 82....

jj0wCm6.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

There's a piece in the latest 442, marking 24 years since Euro 96, a sitdown interview with John Motson and Barry Davies about their career/rivalry. Davies seems mentally in great form, but these photos make him look a lot older than 82....

jj0wCm6.jpg

In that Question of Sport 50th anniversary doc he looked fucking ancient but quite chatty.

Willie Carson looked and sounded much older than he was.

Clive Tyldesley categorically denies "health issues" were behind ITV's decision to replace him as lead commentator.

23 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

David Mercer, BBC Wimbledon commentator and who umpired the 1984 Wimbledon final between McEnroe and Connors, dead at 70: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/53929336

So, if the Borg vs McEnroe final of 1980 was one of the best finals and best tennis matches of all time that near massacre ranks as one of the dullest, 6-1, 6-1 6-2 to Supermac who basically smothered Conners' gutsy grit with a masterclass of talent.

It looked like McEnroe was set to reign supreme with only Lendl able to touch him - but the following year this German teenager amazed everyone by winning the title

Conners never made another grand slam final

I'm here all week

Steve Lee Sky Sports and BBC Midlands Sports/football reporter has died at the age of 68. I can’t find a source but I have just been listening to the pundits on The Transfer Show expressing their condolences. 

From Twitter:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

From Twitter:

Thanks ladyfiona I genuinely couldn’t find a source. 

John Gwynne, legendary football reporter ( on't Soccer Saturday ) and the late, great Sid Waddells co - commentator on the big Darts games has revealed that he has a rectal tumour with possibly more yet to be detected.

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

John Gwynne, legendary football reporter ( on't Soccer Saturday ) and the late, great Sid Waddells co - commentator on the big Darts games has revealed that he has a rectal tumour with possibly more yet to be detected.

Also the father of Labour MP Andrew Gwynne 

6 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I’m sure I saw Rectal Tumour supporting Iron Maiden at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1986.

1 minute ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I’m sure I saw Rectal Tumour supporting Iron Maiden at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1986.

There really is no comeback to that.:D

Died with his boots on which is no doubt exactly how he wanted it to be. 

• Like 1

*nearly breaks my leg rushing to the site to be the first to post Alliss Doesn't Live Here Anymore*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

*nearly breaks my leg rushing to the site to be the first to post Alliss Doesn't Live Here Anymore*

Get in the hole

15 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Who the heck is Alliss? 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

:clap:

He was never the same since Christopher Robin went down on him at the Changing of the Guard.

Would never come within a thousand miles of a commentating job with the Beeb in these days of minding your Ps and Qs, surprised he never said anything quite spicy enough to get canned as it was. I didn't mind the old buffer back when golf was on terrestrial.