Guest iain

Fred Trueman

Guest iain

The english cricketing legend Freddie Trueman is seriously ill with cancer and is undergoing emergency treatment.Doesnt look too good Im afraid .Hes 75

The english cricketing legend Freddie Trueman is seriously ill with cancer and is undergoing emergency treatment.Doesnt look too good Im afraid .Hes 75

Iain, I think you are jumping to conclusions too quickly. Take a moment to read this article.

Especially this part:

Doctors are confident they have caught the cancer early and that Mr Trueman will make a satisfactory recovery. His treatment programme begins on Tuesday.

Guest iain

it still sounds a very serious form of cancer and he is an elderly man...

Small cell carcinoma is a type of carcinoma usually associated with the lung.

When associated with the lung, it is sometimes called "Oat cell carcinoma" and often leads to ectopic production of hormones ADH and ACTH. Smoking is a significant risk factor.

That's all I could find about the particular problem.

Old, yes.

But caught early, and if anyone's a fighter, it's fiery Fred.

I think Boycott's cancer was worse, and he came through that, so we shall see.

Still Iain it was good to spot it. I hadn't noticed it anywhere so was glad of the post even if it might have been best in Ideas and possibilities. Seventy five really isn't "elderly" these days. Any kind of cancer on the lung can't be good. He could be one for next year.

Fiery Fred Trueman is currently being treated for cancer

edited:

Just noticed there's a separate thread about Fred Trueman.

Can someone move my post or failing that, just delete it?

Edited by football_fan

edited:

Well it may happen at some time sooner or later or later or sooner but today right now it has not yet. Never heard of this person though before you mentyioned him or the main page person had. Not sure who I noticed first had mentioned him.

edited:

Well it may happen at some time sooner or later or later or sooner but today right now it has not yet. Never heard of this person though before you mentyioned him or the main page person had. Not sure who I noticed first had mentioned him.

I'm sure you've heard of Raquel Welch though. Well her son married Fred's daughter. I guess he was bowled over by her.

edited:

I had Fred Trueman scribbled down on a longer list a couple of years ago. I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure I read somewhere that he had a minor cancer scare about 5 years ago.

edited:

I had Fred Trueman scribbled down on a longer list a couple of years ago. I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure I read somewhere that he had a minor cancer scare about 5 years ago.

I think it was probably the scare he had from his daughter's new Mother-in-law. I doubt he had seen such polished cheeks since the last time he took the new ball.

Fiery Fred Trueman has lost his battle against lung cancer at the age of 75 :angry:

Sorry, only just noticed he had his own thread. This can be either moved or deleted

[Done -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest iain

my predictions a few weeks ago of his imminent death were no t entirely exaggerated then...

my predictions a few weeks ago of his imminent death were no t entirely exaggerated then...

Iain,

You seem to be regarding this as some personal triumph rather than in the fun that it's intended

RIP Fred.

One of the true greats of the sport. There can't be that many left from that era, now - Bedser, Close, perhaps?

I'm surprised actually, despite his cancer prognosis, certainly with the speed of his demise, as I saw the same article TF posted and I thought the man would fight it as hard as he could, as he did during his playing days, but obviously not.

RIP Fred.

One of the true greats of the sport. There can't be that many left from that era, now - Bedser, Close, perhaps?

I'm surprised actually, despite his cancer prognosis, certainly with the speed of his demise, as I saw the same article TF posted and I thought the man would fight it as hard as he could, as he did during his playing days, but obviously not.

RIP, Fred. I'll see thee............. :angry:

When Eric Bedser died a few weeks back there were plenty of articles on how him and Alec did everything together, so I was sure Alec would beat Fred to the celestial pavilion - but as my showing many a dead pool shows, what do I know!

RIP Fred.

Richie's only just retired, he's a man of leisure now.

richiebenaud_wideweb__430x299.jpg

Fighting hard's not really the name of the game with some forms of cancer OoO, less than three months from diagnosis to death is 'unusual but not unheard of' is how my medical source put it.

Always sad when a real champion goes.

Given the sheer amount of predicitions you make, it's almost obscene that this is the first time chance has smiled upon you, you cocky so-and-so.

Granted, not that I'm doing so hot in the DDP. :D

Have only just seen this. Very sad. This confirms my belief that the deathlist should give some careful consideration to an annual Yorkshireman or woman. Geoff Boycott's cancer could return, Brian Close must be, er, close. Dicky Bird is hardly firing on all cylinders and Mollie Sugden has gone very quiet.

In fact there could be a few category selections: Scots, Al Qa'da, royals, newsreaders, telly artists (i.e. Rolf and Tony). Next year, I predict, will be the year of the newsreader/presenter/weather forecaster.

Scots and Yorkshire people are always good pedigrees for relatively short innings because they eat lots of fatty foods, tend to be morose and argue a lot.