Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Eric Forth

Eric Forth, tory MP with a safe seat, lost to cancer today. Got me thinking about the habit of MP's dying in the job. If we rule out the unfortunates - like the auto-erotic mishap of Steven Millican, dead with an eccentric collection of skimpy clothing and a satsuma up his safe seat - there's still a tendecy for MP's to die whilst still technically at work.

Does anyone amongst us know whether they work through terminal illess to death because:

i - The job attracts driven people in states of denial about their health.

ii - The conditions of service mean there are financial advantages in the pension or lump sum dept to their next of kin if they die in the job.

iii - Both of the above.

Eric Forth, tory MP with a safe seat, lost to cancer today. Got me thinking about the habit of MP's dying in the job. If we rule out the unfortunates - like the auto-erotic mishap of Steven Millican, dead with an eccentric collection of skimpy clothing and a satsuma up his safe seat - there's still a tendecy for MP's to die whilst still technically at work.

Hear hear!

Let's have Prescott for carbon monoxide poisoning! The sanctimonious tw@. :angry:

DL ghost stalks the threads again. How come this thread has one reply and NO views, cue the Twilight Zone theme!

Apparently, he only knew on Friday that he was going to die!

I've heard of people being given 6 months to live, but 5 DAYS!!!

Bet that was a tough moment for his Doc...

DL ghost stalks the threads again. How come this thread has one reply and NO views, cue the Twilight Zone theme!

There have been some responses in the near misses for 2006 topic in the upper half of the board. Many people have stated they are not familiar with Mr. Forth; perhaps, that is why there is so limited a review.

There have been some responses in the near misses for 2006 topic in the upper half of the board. Many people have stated they are not familiar with Mr. Forth; perhaps, that is why there is so limited a review.

It's actually a technical hiccough in the forum software. For some stupid reason it takes a few views before the software displays more than zero. AFAIK it's nothing to worry about.

regards,

Hein

It's actually a technical hiccough in the forum software. For some stupid reason it takes a few views before the software displays more than zero. AFAIK it's nothing to worry about.

regards,

Hein

That will make the late Mr Forth rest a little easier.

Apparently, he only knew on Friday that he was going to die!

I've heard of people being given 6 months to live, but 5 DAYS!!!

Bet that was a tough moment for his Doc...

I assume he knew he had cancer though?

Aye, and he kept on working. The question that opened this here thread was a serious enquiry on my part. Are MP's just the kind of driven bastards who work through anything because they're in denial or are there financial advantages like one-off payments or better pension benefits if they keep on working till, like, they can't work no more?

Aye, and he kept on working. The question that opened this here thread was a serious enquiry on my part. Are MP's just the kind of driven bastards who work through anything because they're in denial or are there financial advantages like one-off payments or better pension benefits if they keep on working till, like, they can't work no more?

A lot of MPs do seem to die "on the job" (in both senses of the expression!)

I'll bow to your greater knowledge, how did you find out?

On another point: Eric Forth knew he had five days to live and the inconsiderate git didn't take the trouble to come here, start his own thread and share the fact with us. I mean, they're supposed to 'serve' the public in parliament, aren't they?

I'll bow to your greater knowledge, how did you find out?

There is a fine and wonderful tool out there known as the internet and within it there are several search engine sites. In a search engine site, you enter some wee bit of information and then the results will appear. I am saddened that a seemingly bright young lady such as yourself, has not gained familiarity with this aspect of internet travel.

Bennett man, your posting energy and willingness to engage in banter are impressive for a newbie but I think you missed the point above.

It struck me that one reading of Lady Die's post was that she was in the habit of going one on one with MPs and had seen a few peg out up close.

It struck me that one reading of Lady Die's post was that she was in the habit of going one on one with MPs and had seen a few peg out up close.

Ugh. I don't think so!

Ah, now I understand Maryport. Apologies abounding if I seemed too snippy.

Ugh. I don't think so!

Glad to hear it Lady Die, I always thought you'd have better taste. What strikes me as searingly ironic is the way MPs get moralistic about the amount of East European women smuggled into this country for sex trade work. One major reason the market exists is the abundance of over-paid, hideously ugly blokes totally out of touch with their emotions who regard the whole sex business as a soul-less service, or summat.

Me, I'd have parliament constripted like jury service, get a few more normal people in there.

Very sad to see one of the very few honest M.P.'s in Parliament die.

Me, I'd have parliament constripted like jury service, get a few more normal people in there.

I concur, Sir!

That and strip their salary. Make the position the reward.

I concur, Sir!

As do I.

That and strip their salary. Make the position the reward.

Nah, that wouldn't work. MPs get paid a salary so that people who work for their income can afford to be elected. I don't know how things are in Britain, but in the Netherlands MP is a full-time job, if the MP does what he's supposed to do. Of course, there are always a few who don't.

regards,

Hein

Nah, that wouldn't work. MPs get paid a salary so that people who work for their income can afford to be elected. I don't know how things are in Britain, but in the Netherlands MP is a full-time job, if the MP does what he's supposed to do. Of course, there are always a few who don't.

That would be fair if the slimey, idle, sanctimonious, bastards actually did a days work. In Britain these idle f***s serve no other purpose than as a warning to others.

By removing any form of financial insentive, from the role, I truly believe the career criminals would look elsewhere to line their pockets and good hardworking individuals would be allowed to make things better for everyone else.

This is necessary to restore true representation to the down trodden masses in the British Isles...

... That and a 'None Of The Above' option. :)

A better option might be to pay them a basic wage and then get them to pass a hat round their constituency. Allowing them to do this only when they were IN their constituencies.

That would be fair if the slimey, idle, sanctimonious, bastards actually did a days work. In Britain these idle f***s serve no other purpose than as a warning to others.

By removing any form of financial insentive, from the role, I truly believe the career criminals would look elsewhere to line their pockets and good hardworking individuals would be allowed to make things better for everyone else.

This is necessary to restore true representation to the down trodden masses in the British Isles...

... That and a 'None Of The Above' option. ;)

A better option might be to pay them a basic wage and then get them to pass a hat round their constituency. Allowing them to do this only when they were IN their constituencies.

I'd vote for Harvester of Souls and Maryportfuncity in any election. You're speaking my language!

Bravo. :)

I'd vote for Harvester of Souls and Maryportfuncity in any election. You're speaking my language!

Before we start nominating a few good men and women you should perhaps read my thoughts on the Death Penalty, the abolition of Association Football. ;)

The abolition of Football!!!!!

And I thought Tony Blair had some bad ideas!

Before we start nominating a few good men and women you should perhaps read my thoughts on the Death Penalty, the abolition of Association Football. :lol:

Still with you. Even more so now!! ;)