BHB, a question?

£8m spent on Nigel Reo Coker?! Letting Davis go for peanuts? Methinks Martin O'Neill is losing the plot....

Villa will be top-half, but I can't see Europe for them this year - unless it's in the cup.

As for us, well, we beat Lyon, Wolves, Brentford, Brighton, Shinimizu S Pulse & the mighty Tooting this pre-season, only losing to River Plate.

We still have Coppell, Doyle, Shorey & Lita, and Convey & Kitson are back to full fitness. All but one of the first team squad is still here, and two relatively decent signings in. I'll stick my head out and say we'll stay up for another year, probably finish about 12th.

Anyone else want to predict this season's champions?

I'm going for Manchester United, Watford, Oldham Athletic, MK Dons, Stevenage, Celtic, Hamilton, Ayr United & Stenhousemuir.

Manchester City, Derby & Wigan to be relegated from the Premier League.

Well, the mighty Yids are on a roll again. Unbeaten in a pre season friendly for, oh a long time now, we shall be pushing for a top four spot.

I shall be down at White Hart Lane again this season to loose my voice and to see how all that money thats been spent looks on the pitch.

Thank God the season is only a week away.

Unfortunately I shall be in Amsterdam next Weekend so unless somebody knows of any bars that have Sky, I shall miss the live game away to Sunderland :)

Anybody know a good Bar?

BHB, a question?

£8m spent on Nigel Reo Coker?! Letting Davis go for peanuts? Methinks Martin O'Neill is losing the plot....

Villa will be top-half, but I can't see Europe for them this year - unless it's in the cup.

O of O, an answer.

I think you might be right, actually. The Davis sale was a strange one and I'm still puzzled by the sales of Samuel and McCann. Then to let Angel (our previous record signing) to go on a free, along with Djemba-Djemba (sic?) without trying to recoup a bean does seem bad business. Okay, they were both crap but I'm sure we could have got something for 'em.

My earlier post was fuelled by hungover bravado, I fear. Yes, yesterday was a mere friendly and I have gotten carried away over a result gained against a bunch of Italians who didn't really get out of second gear unless it meant booting one of our boys three foot in the air.

You can't blame us Villa fans. Doug's gone, we've got a billionaire in charge of the purse strings and we still aren't spending, whilst flogging off a whole starting eleven. We were led to believe that this is a brave new dawn, but it would appear we'll be scraping around the bargain bins during the course of the next week.

Is it any wonder I drink?

Cheers,

BHB

BHB, a question?

O of O, an answer.

I think you might be right, actually. The Davis sale was a strange one and I'm still puzzled by the sales of Samuel and McCann. Then to let Angel (our previous record signing) to go on a free, along with Djemba-Djemba (sic?) without trying to recoup a bean does seem bad business. Okay, they were both crap but I'm sure we could have got something for 'em.

My earlier post was fuelled by hungover bravado, I fear. Yes, yesterday was a mere friendly and I have gotten carried away over a result gained against a bunch of Italians who didn't really get out of second gear unless it meant booting one of our boys three foot in the air.

You can't blame us Villa fans. Doug's gone, we've got a billionaire in charge of the purse strings and we still aren't spending, whilst flogging off a whole starting eleven. We were led to believe that this is a brave new dawn, but it would appear we'll be scraping around the bargain bins during the course of the next week.

Is it any wonder I drink?

Cheers,

BHB

Do you want me to pass you down a shovel? :huh:

The Div 2 table makes great viewing right now, with Chester solidly in the playoffs while Wrexham slide towards a deserved relegation:

Coca-Cola Football League Two Table

5 August 2007

P GD PTS

1 Accrington Stanley 0 0 0

2 Barnet 0 0 0

3 Bradford 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Brentford 0 0 0

5 Bury 0 0 0

6 Chester 0 0 0 citysign.GIF

7 Chesterfield 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Dag & Red 0 0 0

9 Darlington 0 0 0

10 Grimsby 0 0 0

11 Hereford 0 0 0

12 Lincoln City 0 0 0

13 Macclesfield 0 0 0

14 Mansfield 0 0 0

15 Milton Keynes Dons 0 0 0

16 Morecambe 0 0 0

17 Notts County 0 0 0

18 Peterborough 0 0 0

19 Rochdale 0 0 0

20 Rotherham 0 0 0

21 Shrewsbury 0 0 0

22 Stockport 0 0 0

23 Wrexham :huh: 0 0 0

24 Wycombe 0 0 0

Do you want me to pass you down a shovel?

Yes please! :huh:

Cheers,

BHB

The div 2 table makes great viewing right now, with Chester solidly in the playoffs while Wrexham slide towards a deserved relegation

We shall see, Harold old chap. We shall see... :huh:

Everton once again appear not to be able to make any dent in the transfer market. with the exeption of Leighton Baines (who i expect to sign today) we just havent brought anything of outstanding quality to the team.

Jagielka and Baines are decent players, but nothing of the standard that Liverpool, Man Utd and the rest have brought in to challenge for the title.

Depending on if we sign this Argentinian Luis Gonzalez, (bid 11mill apparently) but i would be happy with the 6th place we got last year, but 7th is more realistic.

And outside bet, Arsenal for the title:

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Man Utd

5. Spurs

6. Newcastle

7. Everton

8. West Ham

9. Bolton

10. Man City

11. Portsmouth

12. Aston Villa

13. Reading

14. Blackburn

15. Sunderland

16. Boro

17. Fulham

18. Birmingham

19. Wigan

20. Derby

Some gutsy picks there RM, especially having the Mancs 4th. I'd looooooovve it if that happened, although sadly it probably won't. I fear for all Rafa's spending this summer the Mighty Reds will once again not score enough goals. Your boys could/should finish ahead of Newcastle, who will probably have punched each other's lights out by Christmas.

Having sat through the dire performance that was Derby in the playoff final, I shall be rooting hard for them to go straight back down. They started time wasting from about the 49th minute onwards. Tosspots.

Depending on if we sign this Argentinian Luis Gonzalez, (bid 11mill apparently) but i would be happy with the 6th place we got last year, but 7th is more realistic.

And outside bet, Arsenal for the title:

1. Arsenal

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Man Utd

I think £11m is a bit overpriced for a 40-yr-old left-fielder, but hey, that's Everton for you. Maybe you should try and prise Jose Reyes away from Atletico instead - he's bound to a big help on the base-stealing front.

Oh, and if Man Utd finish three places below Arsenal this season, in the immortal words of Orson Welles, I'll go down on ya. Not that I wouldn't like that to happen, mind (er... the Arsenal/Scum part of that sentence, not the Orson-related bit).

Guest Guest
I think £11m is a bit overpriced for a 40-yr-old...

Depends if its Teddy or not!

Just to clear things up, this is the (now apparently priced at £17,000,000) 26 year old González that Everton won't be able to afford. Every now and again our Chairman Mr Kenwright likes to lead us into a false sense of ambition and throw in a few stories of impending big money transfers involving Argentinians and the like. (Last season Requelme)

Check out the hair-cut

Youtube video one of his best goals

Can't recall who our resident Reading supporter is, but just spotted this:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...967&cc=5739

"Boss Steve Coppell told the Evening Post: 'Leroy [Lita] is in a great deal of pain. He woke up and stretched while in bed and he has done something to his leg. It is not an injury that should be ridiculed or made light of."

Do you hear the man? No tittering at the back!

"Boss Steve Coppell told the Evening Post: 'Leroy [Lita] is in a great deal of pain. He woke up and stretched while in bed and he has done something to his leg. It is not an injury that should be ridiculed or made light of."

Me.

Trust Leroy. Only he could get injured in bed. :)

Ah well, Doyler & Kits up front vs Man U is not a disaster by any means.

For some reason I've got myself involved in the Fantasy Premier League competition and, f**k me, does it look like hard work. More rules and regulations than the FA, FIFA and UEFA put together, more player and formation permutations than the bleedin' lottery. Still, you do get to design your own kit. Which is nice.

Anyone out there in Deathlistland do this one last year?

For some reason I've got myself involved in the Fantasy Premier League competition and, f**k me, does it look like hard work. More rules and regulations than the FA, FIFA and UEFA put together, more player and formation permutations than the bleedin' lottery. Still, you do get to design your own kit. Which is nice.

Anyone out there in Deathlistland do this one last year?

Kin ell, those things are too much like hard work. Fair play to you Harry for putting your hand up to do one but, I should imagine, you will need eyes up your arse if you dont want to miss out on points.

Id much rather watch and enjoy the real thing.

I was in the van today and I was thinking "F**k me, the season starts Saturday!!!" and for a few seconds it was like being five years old on Christmas Eve again.

F*****g Magic! :)

Me.

Trust Leroy. Only he could get injured in bed. :)

Ah well, Doyler & Kits up front vs Man U is not a disaster by any means.

What do you think of your chances this season Octopus? Some are suggesting a far more difficult season than the last... :o

[What do you think of your chances this season Octopus? Some are suggesting a far more difficult season than the last... :P

Let me requote what I said on the 5th Aug: :huh:

As for us, well, we beat Lyon, Wolves, Brentford, Brighton, Shinimizu S Pulse & the mighty Tooting this pre-season, only losing to River Plate.

We still have Coppell, Doyle, Shorey & Lita, and Convey & Kitson are back to full fitness. All but one of the first team squad is still here, and two relatively decent signings in. I'll stick my head out and say we'll stay up for another year, probably finish about 12th.

I#ve not changed my mind in 3 days, Lita's stretching injury nothwithstanding.

I don't think we'll go down - most pundits seem to think anywhere between 11th-16th & I agree.

[What do you think of your chances this season Octopus? Some are suggesting a far more difficult season than the last... :P

Let me requote what I said on the 5th Aug: :huh:

I#ve not changed my mind in 3 days, Lita's stretching injury nothwithstanding.

I don't think we'll go down - most pundits seem to think anywhere between 11th-16th & I agree.

So do I: Wigan, Derby and Fulham to go down, Chelsea as Champions....

Chelsea as Champions....

Doubtful, I'd say.

But where it really matters I reckon Carlisle 5th or 6th in League one, narrowly beaten in the play off semis but possibly consoled by memories of a great day out and the Johnson's Paint Trophy won at Wembley in April.

But where it really matters I reckon Carlisle 5th or 6th in League one, narrowly beaten in the play off semis but possibly consoled by memories of a great day out and the Johnson's Paint Trophy won at Wembley in April.

I've gone for 18th for Carlisle.

I've gone for 18th for Carlisle.

So you missed our clinical demolition of newly promoted Blackpool last saturday, then. I think Notts Forest and - probably - Swansea will bag the top two and Doncaster are so well run and managed they'll be hard to catch. After that, it's a free for all apart from the obvious struggling of - say -Bournemouth. I'm hopeful we'll improve on last year.

Sky Sports News just reporting Leeds have lost their appeal against the 15 point deduction. They won't be challenging for League One honours, then.

Poor Ken and Den, couldn't have happened to a nicer couple of chaps.

BBC story. Now here's a dilemma, we've got Leeds at home on November 3rd. Then again, there's this DL Con in London...