Always said Oldham were a good side :) (and rapidly going up the table too ....)

We're still in the FA Cup thanks to Paul "Butterfingers" Robinson. Not bad a reserve team can draw against the first team - maybe we should do that for every game... <_<

Always said Oldham were a good side ;) (and rapidly going up the table too ....)

We're still in the FA Cup thanks to Paul "Butterfingers" Robinson. Not bad a reserve team can draw against the first team - maybe we should do that for every game... :)

Not if your team's attitude got anything to do with it they wont. The less interested they are in the FA Cup, the further they'll get!

Not a great day for the 'anyone but the big four' brigade, with Everton, Blackburn and Aston Villa all going out and Spurs probably following. Undiscovered civilisations in Java would have predicted the result at Villa Park... <_<

Luton Town's life support amounts to allowing a mass exodus to keep the budget under control. Makes their recent revival a little hollow. Looking at what they've got left I reckon; 'you'll win nothing with kids.'

Just for the record, Everton are concentrating on the Carling Cup this year - as well as securing a CL place.. again. PS Remember Liverpool? when we finished above you? and how much have you spent?? oh well. EFC.

PPS for the Reading fans amongst us, (i have a good Reading friend who noted to me today that they have conceded 32 away goals so far this season - and i pointed out to him that they have also scored more away goals than everton, liverpool, spurs, chelsea, man city or man utd...) not a bad stat at all. looks like Lita is moving on though.. anyway.. EFC. xx.

recently appeared on You Tube, edited highlights from May 8th 1999, 'St Jimmy's Day' as it is known in some parts of Cumbria.

Another one from YouTube.

Tottenham's most influential fan.

I was in tears at the end. Excellent stuff!

If you like it there is more in the series.

DWB :banghead:

I can't get that one to work, but with recent results I hope we get a repeat of this on the 27th.

Guest Guest

Keegan confirms Dennis Wise as his number two...

krankies-thumb.jpg

Guest Guest

Right, let's try weaselling it from elsewhere then. Some uptight people out there on the web...

krankies_2-743006.jpg

There's a story doing the rounds on football message boards about disgruntled Liverpool supporters joining together in a plot to buy out the hated American owners.

Okay, there's loads of Liverpool fans miles from the city but, they number a fair tonnage of Scousers amongst the support so why don't they just - you know - steal it!

I'll see meself out.

I can't get that one to work, but with recent results I hope we get a repeat of this on the 27th.

Poor show, quoting one's self, but although, unfortunately, the game didn't go quite like the video, there was a few similarities. Both Tottenham Hotspur teams (on video and at Old Trafford) had a player sent off, and both Manchester United teams scored from a penalty. I also fully approve with the lack of prejudice shown by both the Manchester United teams in playing two what appear to be pre-op transsexuals. If you're good, you're good.

Poor show, quoting one's self, but although, unfortunately, the game didn't go quite like the video, there was a few similarities. Both Tottenham Hotspur teams (on video and at Old Trafford) had a player sent off, and both Manchester United teams scored from a penalty. I also fully approve with the lack of prejudice shown by both the Manchester United teams in playing two what appear to be pre-op transsexuals. If you're good, you're good.

Dave, dear fellow, you have class! :D

Re Man Utd what do the collected footy brains on this thread think will happen next weekend? Will a contingent of the City support be so tasteless as to deliberately wreck the one minute silence to the dead heroes of 1958? If so, will the reprisals extend to full-on violence afterwards? Bear in mind that City fans have been chanting; 'we're all going to a diamond jubilee' lately.

Personally, I think enough of them will overstep the mark to the point they'll be heard and newsworthy. I reckon the one minute's applause was a much better idea.

Re Man Utd what do the collected footy brains on this thread think will happen next weekend? Will a contingent of the City support be so tasteless as to deliberately wreck the one minute silence to the dead heroes of 1958? If so, will the reprisals extend to full-on violence afterwards? Bear in mind that City fans have been chanting; 'we're all going to a diamond jubilee' lately.

Personally, I think enough of them will overstep the mark to the point they'll be heard and newsworthy. I reckon the one minute's applause was a much better idea.

Personally I think rather too much has been made of this....

AFC Bournemouth threatened with RIP Bournemouth.

They'll make it, of course, but League One tops the rankings for clubs facing financial ruin.

Personally I think rather too much has been made of this....

yes Man City fans will hum, sing, and chant thoughout the minutes silence, and through the rest of the game. especially the younger ones. thats i think. personally. maybe Man Utd will hammer them 5-0 and shut them up?

Re Man Utd what do the collected footy brains on this thread think will happen next weekend? Will a contingent of the City support be so tasteless as to deliberately wreck the one minute silence to the dead heroes of 1958? If so, will the reprisals extend to full-on violence afterwards?

I doubt it. Remember that one of Manchester City's greatest players died in that crash too. Frank Swift, in case you didn't know.

I don't see any problems in that minute of respect, and agree with United that a silence is right in this case, it's more appropriate.

Of course there will always be derby day banter, but that's another issue entirely.

Pictures of Frank Swift will be displayed prominently in the area containing City fans on the day. Apparently it was considered as a possibility that pictures would be given out for them to hold up but the idea was rejected because some of them were likely to turn them into paper aircraft to launch later at Christiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

AFC Bournemouth threatened with RIP Bournemouth.

They'll make it, of course, but League One tops the rankings for clubs facing financial ruin.

I wish I could be as confident. Just as we start to turn things round on the pitch (four wins in five after our thashing of Luton), we slide into administration, almost certain relegation and will be forced to sell what decent players we have - some other team will get a real bargain when they sign Sam Vokes for a pittance in the Summer. The problem with Bournemouth is that the town has never got behind the team - even in the local paper, people are saying that the club should close. With that kind of support, the future is less than rosy.

Aye, but administration came after the closing of the transfer window and your win yesterday would have looked even more comfortable but for the clanger your keeper dropped at 3-0 up. It ain't over till it's over, a characterful crawl from the grip of relegation with a last gasp victory on May 3rd to secure the League One place might put a few punters in the ground. Hope so, I love comin' to Bournemouth I do.

Guest Déjà-vue
Not exactly what people expected, perfect manners from the City fans as the silence was observed, after which their team threw away the script.

The wrong shirts were the cause, obviously.

Grey shirts, The Dell, resounding Saints victory ring any bells... A bad workman always blames his tools shirts

THIRD!!!! With a points gap and our tenth home win on the bounce tonight.

Just thought I'd - like - share it with the group.

THIRD!!!! With a points gap and our tenth home win on the bounce tonight.

Just thought I'd - like - share it with the group.

Well done. Don't get cocky though, the moderators don't like it..... :(