What was Danny Cadamarteri like at Carlisle ?

I like him as a player, but very injury prone

3 hours ago, BufordTJustice said:

What was Danny Cadamarteri like at Carlisle ?

I like him as a player, but very injury prone

Pretty average - some good touches and a couple of goals in 25 games but his injury-proneness was catching up on him by the end and eventually ended his career. Just looked up his Wiki page; his time with us merits only one line (about fair I'd say)

He was Granny Danger when he played for Dundee United.  We were glad to see the back of him.  He's not the best !!!

Nope but...there's a fair bit of to-ing and fro-ing between League Two and the SPL; that should tell you something about the quality of top flight Scottish fitba

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Nope but...there's a fair bit of to-ing and fro-ing between League Two and the SPL; that should tell you something about the quality of top flight Scottish fitba

Scottish football is the worst !

Scottish football is the worst !

I'd say the worst mis-match and fan frenzy against mediocre skill I witnessed was watching a game on Cyprus once that ended in a 4-0 result. It's a bit sectarian over there too with a few minor racial differences and some political stuff - like one team being noted for their communist roots - going a long way towards stirring up the fans despite the poor skills on offer.

1-1.

I cannot complain. :)

0-7

Nor can I! B)

• Like 3

Didn't play tonight.

Nor can I.

12 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

1-1.

I cannot complain. :)

The Italian guy at our three day meeting in Madrid today told me at lunch he had booked himself one of the last available tickets for the game.

• Like 1

Incidentally Carlisle United faced the Beast last night fighting out a 3-3 draw in which he scored and Wycombe never led but finally drew level in the 95th minute. What a neutral would have been doing at Brunton Park on a Tuesday night in October is debateable but had such a creature ventured in s/he doubtless had a great time.

Its a wee bit last season but honest to fuck :D

Taiwanese take on the rebirth of the huns :D

No Christmas Eve fixtures victory for common sense over corporate greed.

• Like 1

I'm against that Deathers.

Used to be even double headers in League in the Shire on Xmas Day itself. Ie home and away on same fucking day.

Great excuse for getting away from family.

Xmas Day North of the Wall is only fairly recently a public holiday (last 40/50 years), and I'll be working it unless it falls on a weekend.

7 minutes ago, charon said:

I'm against that Deathers.

Used to be even double headers in League in the Shire on Xmas Day itself. Ie home and away on same fucking day.

Great excuse for getting away from family.

Xmas Day North of the Wall is only fairly recently a public holiday (last 40/50 years), and I'll be working it unless it falls on a weekend.

The issue for many was the distances they wanted people to travel on Xmas eve meant they'd miss Xmas day at home. Utterly bonkers insult to away fans. By all means host a local match - no more than a few hours each way on Xmas eve (Stoke  v West Brom, Man United v Burnley or Crystal Palace v Arsenal maybe but Burnley v Tottenham and Arsenal v Liverpool? Come on? = 8 hour round trips?

Aye that is wrong, but that a scheduling issue.

Local games, not televised, Xmas eve + Day = sense.

LOL at the Everton fan, child in arms, trying to punch the Lyon keeper and missing. What a complete loser.

Absolute fucking bell and now banned. However this comment chain from reddit just had me in stitches  for a good few minutes

> In his defense, what was he meant to do? Not get involved and keep his child away from the fighting like a normal person? I don't think so.

> > Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. What is he meant to do? Just leave the kid unsupervised whilst he goes to kick fuck out of someone? Exactly. He's a fucking responsible dad ffs.

> >>Precisely. The last time some Evertonians left their kids unsupervised was Kate and Gerry McCann in 2007 and look how that's turned out.

• Haha 1

Went to the Nou Camp on Saturday night to watch Barcelona play malaga. The game was average, but the highlight was my son asking a food vendor for chips and a burger. He was offered a tuna baguette by way of a substitute by the puzzled local. My lad has a lot to learn about cultural differences 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm hearing that Liverpool have sacked their manager.

He will be returning to Germany with his family on Saturday.

Yes, the Klopps go back this weekend..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Carlisle faithful travel to Chesterfield (going through managers faster than a packet of fruitgums and currently bottomg of fucking everything in the EFL) tomorrow.

I mean, what could go wrong for us?

35 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The Carlisle faithful travel to Chesterfield (going through managers faster than a packet of fruitgums and currently bottomg of fucking everything in the EFL) tomorrow.

I mean, what could go wrong for us?

What indeed? :ph34r::lol:

Finally out of the relegation zone!

So, here's one we won't forget in a hurry. Max Crocombe (Carlisle Utd last season, now at Salford) was red carded with three minutes remaining yesterday for taking a piss on the pitch.

• Haha 1

Seems a bit harsh.  I mean, Paula Radcliffe wasn't disqualified from a marathon for having a slash.

On 29/10/2017 at 18:32, Toast said:

Seems a bit harsh.  I mean, Paula Radcliffe wasn't disqualified from a marathon for having a slash.

Aye, so far as I can see she went one over on him by doing it on film as well. Some discussion available on line but photos of exactly what he did seem unavailable unless I'm looking in the wrong place. I mean, if he got his cock out and did it to disrespect the home fans that's one thing, if his bottle went down his shorts and came back full of yellow fluid, that's a bit different. Right?