11 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Well Sir Alex is the greatest football manager of all time so he will have a good teacher unless he gets ill again. United might have a chance against Liverpool and City next season, I hope so anyway.

The greatest PREMIER LEAGUE manager of all time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The greatest PREMIER LEAGUE manager of all time.

There isn’t many managers out there who have a better overall record than Ferguson though, yes undoubtedly the greatest Premier League manager but who else can match his longevity in a major league. 

Fergusons record of trophies won (49 in all) which if you include his Aberdeen record stands as 16 League titles(with 9 second place finishes), 9 FA Cups wins from 12 Finals, 5 League Cup wins from 10 finals, 2 European Cup Winners Cups and 2 Champions League wins from 4 finals to go alongside over 1,200 games won as a manager. A truly phenomenal record.

No manager has been as consistent and stayed at the top as long as he has, he did it over almost 4 decades.Ferguson was able to change with the times and achieved it with a big club in United and a smaller team in Aberdeen with them winning against Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win a European trophy, yes it was a smaller gap back then but it was still a great achievement. 

You could argue his European record could be better and it could but no manager in history has reached more major European finals than him with 6 or reached more European cup/ Champions League finals than him with 4, with only Carlo Ancelotti and Bob Paisley winning more Champions Leagues/ European Cups than him with 3.

There will never be another manager like Sir Alex  

Longevity? Without thinking too much, Guy Roux.

And José winning the CL with Porto after flukily winning the Europa League the previous year is waaaay beyond whit Sur Alex did at the sheep.

ETA after a quick check, Roux is 80 now :sherlock:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

There isn’t many managers out there who have a better overall record than Ferguson though, yes undoubtedly the greatest Premier League manager but who else can match his longevity in a major league. 

Fergusons record of trophies won (49 in all) which if you include his Aberdeen record stands as 16 League titles(with 9 second place finishes), 9 FA Cups wins from 12 Finals, 5 League Cup wins from 10 finals, 2 European Cup Winners Cups and 2 Champions League wins from 4 finals to go alongside over 1,200 games won as a manager. A truly phenomenal record.

No manager has been as consistent and stayed at the top as long as he has, he did it over almost 4 decades.Ferguson was able to change with the times and achieved it with a big club in United and a smaller team in Aberdeen with them winning against Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win a European trophy, yes it was a smaller gap back then but it was still a great achievement. 

You could argue his European record could be better and it could but no manager in history has reached more major European finals than him with 6 or reached more European cup/ Champions League finals than him with 4, with only Carlo Ancelotti and Bob Paisley winning more Champions Leagues/ European Cups than him with 3.

There will never be another manager like Sir Alex  

His tenure at Aberdeen was more impressive to me.

All his greatest achievements were with one of the if not THE biggest club in World Football.

In context, Mourinho has won league titles in more European leagues than Ferguson,  Champions league trophies with different clubs from different countries, domestic trophies in  other leagues and will, probably, end up at PSG where he will win another league title.

Guardiola has already won league titles in three different European leagues as well as a Champions league trophy.

Brian Clough won the the old European cup twice with a club that was as unfashionable as could be and also won the league with them as well as that other English club giant.....Derby County.

Ferguson was a brilliant manager, agreed, but in the great scheme of things, he did all of his coaching in the UK, his domestic trophies were won with a club that stood head and shoulders above all others, at that time, and his European exploits were as much about luck as it was about being the best team in the tournaments.

In the modern game, as far as I'm concerned, Mourinho will take some beating, love him or hate him, he walked the walk and talked the talk across Europe.

As an aside re José, his home League record from early 2002 I think, was 150 games unbeaten.

Porto, Chelsea, Inter then Madrid.

9. Fucking. Years.

1 minute ago, charon said:

As an aside re José, his home League record from early 2002 I think, was 150 games unbeaten.

Porto, Chelsea, Inter then Madrid.

9. Fucking. Years.

Got to admit that is some record one that will never be matched, shame he didn’t do it at United.

15 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Got to admit that is some record one that will never be matched, shame he didn’t do it at United.

Tbh I think he had chucked it afore his appointment due to his dad's health.

His father was a one cap goalie for Portugal and I vaguely remember tipping him up on here a wee while afore his death as José was flying to Brazil to see him.

I think his dad had brain surgery which caused Jr to quit Chelsea, and was nearing the end when he took the Man U gig.

Timing is everything.

Good day for the football yesterday

Just need United to win the playoffs now

DOON.jpg

DOON2.jpg

D48kyqOX4AMtnYn.jpg

Ah yes, the first thing they teach in defence 101: try and form vertical line across the depth of the pitch.

I was visited by a spirit last night for my good deeds. She granted me one wish.

I said, "I would like a motorway direct to New York from London, built on the sea, so I can easily visit my daughter any time"

She answered, "But son, the amount of concrete, the engineering, it's far too difficult, too much work. You must think of something else"

"Okay", I said, "I want you to predict Arsenal's next result"

She paused for a moment. "You want one lane or two on that motorway?"

Credit: Jimee (a spurs supporter), BTL on the Graun.

• Like 1

Doondee FC relegated :)

Managed by an ex Dundee United manager

Penalty given away by an ex Dundee United player

Penalty scored by an ex Dundee United manager

In the 83rd minute.  1983 was the year Dundee United beat Dundee to win the league

doon.jpg

18 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

Doondee FC relegated :)

Managed by an ex Dundee United manager

Penalty given away by an ex Dundee United player

Penalty scored by an ex Dundee United manager

In the 83rd minute.  1983 was the year Dundee United beat Dundee to win the league

doon.jpg

Coincidence? :sherlock: Or is it :sherlock:

• Haha 1

Just found out unai emery is spanish. I for the past two years thought he was French.

• Thanks 1

Sorry Wee Jum, bad luck.

Jags will be more familiar with Dundee than Glasgow by the end of next season. On the other hand, derby games again!

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Sorry Wee Jum, bad luck.

Jags will be more familiar with Dundee than Glasgow by the end of next season. On the other hand, derby games again!

Didn't deserve it they were SHITE

At least Liverpool will have something else to bang on about for the next 30 years now.

hahaha.jpg

• Like 1

Scotland actually looked competent in the second half tonight.

There's a team taking shape. I've always thought why does the manager have ages off between internationals? Surely he should be working with a B team, oven ready players ready to step up in whom the A team can have confidence - U21s won't cut it in general. And we need more all-rounders, not folk who do the job they do, and the ability to use both wings.

Maybe when the manager has had more time, the team will look a bit more fleshy and edible.

We've reached peak Mike Ashley.....

Steve Bruce over Rafa the bonkers sod.

Post image

• Like 1

1.jpg

2.jpg