3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Leeds beaten by Cardiff

If they lose to Fulham on Saturday they'll blow promotion again I reckon. 

How many times have Leeds bottled it ?

Don't see Bielsa sticking around for another year in the Championship if they dont get promotion

Liverpool have won the league.

The local corona-virus r rate and deaths will climb steeply  around the 16th-24th July.

Around March next year Liverpool hospitals will need extra maternity wards. 

12 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

The local corona-virus r rate and deaths will climb steeply  around the 16th-24th July.

Being a primary School teacher in Liverpool in 5 years time when you have six boys and one girl in the same class all called Jürgen

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Being a primary School teacher in Liverpool in 5 years time when you have six boys and one girl in the same class all called Jürgen

But they will all spell it differently.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Whilst appreciating that #ScouseLivesMatter imagine how they'll butcher the pronunciation of Jürgen!

33 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

From 4 weeks ago

https://www.todayfm.com/sport/liverpool-hit-back-mayor-joe-anderson-fan-claims-1008585

So Anderson was proved right then. Despite the screeching from Spirit of Shankly group and others

To be frank, the stadium holds 50,000 these days

The waiting list for season tickets is rumoured to be in the tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands.

2,000 is a really small minority when it comes to a football club of their size.  By all accounts most just drove past Anfield and tooted their horns.

01E548C5-EF09-4724-813E-4D13BCC1C55A.jpeg

• Haha 1

Neville Buswell appears to be listed for Cobbles to a Coffin despite him dying on the 25th December 2019. Have you checked for subs?:unsure:

So the impressive 5-2 at Man Utd with a couple of disallowed goals got me looking up the highest scoring games of the Premier league era. 

Find it quite remarkable that a 7-4 win at home for Portsmouth against Reading from September 2007, still stands. Surely it must go sometime although VAR seems to make that less likely.

A few other games have had 9 or 10 goals since button none 11.

9 is the most scored by one team. Surely a team must get 10 one day. 

31 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

So the impressive 5-2 at Man Utd with a couple of disallowed goals got me looking up the highest scoring games of the Premier league era. 

Find it quite remarkable that a 7-4 win at home for Portsmouth against Reading from September 2007, still stands. Surely it must go sometime although VAR seems to make that less likely.

A few other games have had 9 or 10 goals since button none 11.

9 is the most scored by one team. Surely a team must get 10 one day. 

That Portsmouth/Reading match, which I remember well as Chris Kamara had a hangover and was covering on SSN and had about 50 incidents to talk about. Also it could have been more as there was a goal ruled off and a penalty saved.

Always annoying when teams play ultra-defensive football like this...

PS A few weeks later Reading went to White Hart Lane and lost 6-4 to Spurs. They were relegated on goal difference iirc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, msc said:

That Portsmouth/Reading match, which I remember well as Chris Kamara had a hangover and was covering on SSN and had about 50 incidents to talk about. Also it could have been more as there was a goal ruled off and a penalty saved.

Always annoying when teams play ultra-defensive football like this...

PS A few weeks later Reading went to White Hart Lane and lost 6-4 to Spurs. They were relegated on goal difference iirc.

Tbf I'm not sure how your able to tell Kamara had a hangover,

The whole match has been uploaded to Portsmouth FC's youtube channel...

On 25/06/2020 at 22:13, Miracle Aligner said:

Aye, but it won't bother their "fans" - who live in London anyway :rolleyes:

Oh aye, and...

Was bantering with a mate re the pools, gyms, team sports thing opening up again. 

See, we're a bit bothered about returning to League Two. No probs spreading out the meager crowds across the grounds. But the tiny burger cabins and cramped bogs in the likes of Crawley are another matter. 

An alternative that would get us watching some football might be to get the fixture  list for the local under nines, turn up in the rain on a Sunday morning and stand well away from the little gaggles of parents for both teams. 

I mean, a couple of blokes doing that wouldn't cause any concern at all, would they?

• Haha 1

Oh aye, and...

Was bantering with a mate re the pools, gyms, team sports thing opening up again. 

See, we're a bit bothered about returning to League Two. No probs spreading out the meager crowds across the grounds. But the tiny burger cabins and cramped bogs in the likes of Crawley are another matter. 

An alternative that would get us watching some football might be to get the fixture  list for the local under nines, turn up in the rain on a Sunday morning and stand well away from the little gaggles of parents for both teams. 

I mean, a couple of blokes doing that wouldn't cause any concern at all, would they?

47 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Oh aye, and...

Not unless you take a puppy and a bag of sweets with you.

• Haha 3

Anyone else finding Micah Richards to be one of the worst football pundits on the planet.... :rant:

Not content with ruining BBC coverage he's on Sky now.... 

3 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Anyone else finding Micah Richards to be one of the worst football pundits on the planet.... :rant:

Black presenters matter.

If Ian Wright or Jermaine Jenas aren't available they have to find someone else non-white, however cr*p they may be. Personally I'd rather they have Alex Scott on, she's no worse than several of her male counterparts and much nicer to look at.

3 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

He's no better or worse than many others.

9 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Black presenters matter.

If Ian Wright or Jermaine Jenas aren't available they have to find someone else non-white, however cr*p they may be. Personally I'd rather they have Alex Scott on, she's no worse than several of her male counterparts and much nicer to look at.

I totally understand the need for diversity in football commentators, but I'd hope given the large number of non-White players available to choose from sky and the BBC could find a decent one (which they already have with regards Ian Wright and a few others) 

9 hours ago, time said:

He's no better or worse than many others.

I mean this is where I disagree, his insistence on bringing things back to himself when it's more useful if he talks about what's going on on the field is really irritating - he's the only one on Sky who makes me reach for the mute button if I'm back from the kettle too quickly at half time... 

That said this certainly isn't a defence of many of the other presenters who are just better rather than necessarily any good. 

I've seen this opinion a lot

I , at the moment, am watching all football muted including the half time analysis.  This no crowd stuff is useless would rather have it on in the background whist I do other things than watch a game with about as much atmosphere as a game at the  The Etihad

1 hour ago, Wee Jum said:

I've seen this opinion a lot

I , at the moment, am watching all football muted including the half time analysis.  This no crowd stuff is useless would rather have it on in the background whist I do other things than watch a game with about as much atmosphere as a game at the  The Etihad

I mean it's not ideal either way but I enjoy watching the matches still - would rather have a crowd but hey-ho.

The fake crowd is passable as a means of drowning out the onfield calls of players which is a real turn off but the sooner we have real crowds the better. 

I've found myself listening to a lot of 5 Live comms though.