If I was a betting man I'd be shoving a decent chunk on Man City to have an 'invincibles' season next year. 

Championship has gone full on football manager mode

Wigan 8 v 0 Hull

More remarkably 7 goals in the first half. 

47 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Championship has gone full on football manager mode

Wigan 8 v 0 Hull

More remarkably 7 goals in the first half.

Wigan are about to have 12 points deducted for going into administration.

If you take them off now, they are out of the bottom 3 on goal difference, at the expense of...Hull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Wigan are about to have 12 points deducted for going into administration.

If you take them off now, they are out of the bottom 3 on goal difference, at the expense of...Hull.

Meanwhile in the match that you might have predicted to go 8-0 Chelsea scrape a 1-0 against Norwich City, reminding us why 8-0 and 9-0 are so rare in any English league.

Man City v Bournemouth tomorrow night a possibility? 

image.thumb.png.9b733f232547f467bf530419d7455a80.png

Can't wait for next seasons Man City v Liverpool fixtures. 

Meanwhile Mourinho seems to be eyeing up the Newcastle job if we get taken over. 

image.png

12 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Man City v Bournemouth tomorrow night a possibility?

Normally I think it would be, but the games are so slose together that (as demonstarted by Wigan last night) any team that has the match won at half time is told to take it easy and conserve energy for the next one. I think City will be 4 up at half time and stroll the rest of the game. They have a tough FA Cup semi final at the weekend against an Arsenal team whose whole season/chances of getting into Europe rest on that game. I fancy Arsenal to upset the form book.

Never seen a team play so badly and win 4-1 as Bournemouth did v Leicester. Mind you, Leicester scored one for them and got assists in all the others.

42 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Normally I think it would be, but the games are so slose together that (as demonstarted by Wigan last night) any team that has the match won at half time is told to take it easy and conserve energy for the next one. I think City will be 4 up at half time and stroll the rest of the game. They have a tough FA Cup semi final at the weekend against an Arsenal team whose whole season/chances of getting into Europe rest on that game. I fancy Arsenal to upset the form book.

Never seen a team play so badly and win 4-1 as Bournemouth did v Leicester. Mind you, Leicester scored one for them and got assists in all the others.

I'll be watching Newcastle v Tottenham so will have to monitor the goals after, anyway re Newcastle's game on current form looks all set to be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw, or a comfortable win for Spurs. 

Jose Mourinho clearly shopping for a move to the toon if the takeover goes through must make for an interesting dynamic in the away dressing room.

My favourite match against Spurs has to be the season we went down (2015/16) and beat them 5-1 in the last game of the season, having been relegated already, not sure if @Lord Fellatio Nelson attends away games but he may well have heard one of my favourite chants of that season of '5-1 to the Championship' echo around St James if he does. What a day that was. 

44 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Leeds have finally managed not to fuck a promotion bid..... 

Yeah next season they will be fighting relegation instead, all my Leeds United supporting mates going crazy over it but unless they invest significantly can’t see them been in the league long probably 2 or 3 seasons max.  

8 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Yeah next season they will be fighting relegation instead, all my Leeds United supporting mates going crazy over it but unless they invest significantly can’t see them been in the league long probably 2 or 3 seasons max.  

To be honest I can see them staying up unlike many of the other promotion contenders.

59 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

To be honest I can see them staying up unlike many of the other promotion contenders.

A lot depends on how they start get on a good run and they could do but Bielsa tactic of running his teams ragged in training could come back to haunt them if he overtrains them and they are too knackered in Premier League they will be punished. One advantage they may have though is there history and pedigree they should have resources to attract better players which could help them. They certainly have a better chance of succeeding than say a club like Huddersfield Town on resources alone. Time will tell I suppose. 

Norwich v Burnley might have fuck all on it, but the second half should be fun.,

Norwich 0 (2 red cards) v 1 Burnley

Second half should be fun. 

Edit: Jinxed it  - was fucking boring. 

Watford sack there 3rd manager this season.  MENTAL

I'm not a fan of Nigel Pearson but I'm not sure that was the right decision.  He saved them from almost certain relegation this season and the team is in better shape than when he got it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53464251

• Like 3

West Brom promoted in 2nd taking up the 'too shit for the premier league, too good for the Championship' slot. 

Forest fuck up a nailed on play-off place..... getting 4-1 beat by Stoke.... to go out of the play-offs on goal difference to 4-1 winners against Reading Swansea who nabbed that play-off spot.

Brentford, Fulham, Cardiff, Swansea go to the play-offs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I don't know what's funny. The video itself or the amount of people who actually think it's a real roving reporter. 

• Haha 1

On a thought exercise. People constantly bark on about a 'European Super Ligue' that will eventually break away from the domestic leagues, I was trying to think how that might work in reality and which clubs would be involved. You could probably quite easily do it in terms of team picks......

Premier League Top 4 

La Liga Top 4

Bundesliga Top 4

Serie A Top 4

Ligue 1 Top 4

Like how would relegation and promotion back to the domestic leagues work? 2 lowest placed from each feeder league go back to their feeder league? 

8 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

On a thought exercise. People constantly bark on about a 'European Super Ligue' that will eventually break away from the domestic leagues, I was trying to think how that might work in reality and which clubs would be involved. You could probably quite easily do it in terms of team picks......

Premier League Top 4 

La Liga Top 4 

Bundesliga Top 4

Serie A Top 4

Ligue 1 Top 4

Like how would relegation and promotion back to the domestic leagues work? 2 lowest placed from each feeder league go back to their feeder league? 

Presumably it wouldn't? The people who'd pay for a super league would want Barcelona v Man U every year, they wouldn't give a toss about Wolves or Newcastle or whoever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

Presumably it wouldn't? The people who'd pay for a super league would want Barcelona v Man U every year, they wouldn't give a toss about Wolves or Newcastle or whoever.

I doubt it, they'd want the best teams in the world every year. The biggest teams has changed every so often for years.

There'd have to be some churn. If you'd started it 15 years ago you'd not include City but you'd have too now.... there'd need to be some balance. 

The idea that was floated a few years ago where you run the super league in place of Europa/Champions Leagues and let the clubs also play their domestic leagues seemed most palatable to me. I'd be fundamentally against anything that took these clubs out of their domestic leagues. 

Just when you think professional football clubs can't get any worse/more stupid/more whatever, Birmingham City announce they're retiring the number 22 shirt after selling a 17 year old with  one season under his belt (44 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists).

8 minutes ago, time said:

Just when you think professional football clubs can't get any worse/more stupid/more whatever, Birmingham City announce they're retiring the number 22 shirt after selling a 17 year old with  one season under his belt (44 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists).

That ridiculous