14 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Sure but suppose you actually like your friends aside from their predilection for tedious ball games? And anyway, I've moved several times, found local friends and it's always been the same. Of course if one found friends from the local Operatic or Poetry society or something rather than the pub....

Grin & bear it (which is what you seem to be doing).

Out of my circle of friends & acquaintances, most seem to be more interested in music than football (maybe its an age thing - most of us go back to pre-sky, pre-Abramovic days, before money took over ), apart from one, who is a Manchester United obsessive, therefore doesn't count.

25 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Now you see the Q-Ball is specifically a sports bar, definitely the wrong place. That’d be like going to Colors and trying to avoid LGBTs.

Trouble is, I actually like playing pool. Partly because there's something to do when my dire conversational skills dry up. So the former of those two places is the kind of place I'll always end up in. The latter, not so much. Though don't knock it til you tried it I suppose.

9 minutes ago, time said:

Grin & bear it (which is what you seem to be doing).

Pretty much, and the basis for my original comment that it's unavoidable. But you guys have at least convinced me it's possible even if I have to change some of the things I do like in order to do so.

So this thread remained silent when Liverpool and Utd conceded a baker's dozen between them on the same day? Which must have been the first time that's happened, oh, this season.

You have to laugh, though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

So this thread remained silent when Liverpool and Utd conceded a baker's dozen between them on the same day? Which must have been the first time that's happened, oh, this season.

You have to laugh, though.

I think people are still in shock. 

6 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

I think people are still in shock. 

Shocked Liverpool conceded 7 but not overly surprised United conceded 6, gone are the days when United were feared and other teams were scared to play at Old Trafford the fear factor went when Sir Alex Ferguson retired. 

• Like 1

Liverpool were a bit unlucky inasmuch as 3 of the 7 were unlucky deflections. Shows how the performance level drops off when Alisson and couple of first choice outfield players are missing though.

1 hour ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Liverpool were a bit unlucky inasmuch as 3 of the 7 were unlucky deflections. Shows how the performance level drops off when Alisson and couple of first choice outfield players are missing though.

They were with some of the goals I agree though they have had plenty of luck over the last few years yes they are a great team with a great manager and players but all great teams need luck, nice to see it go against them for a change as a lot of there fans are so arrogant and I think Klopp is certainly more arrogant than when he arrived.

The thing with Klopp is I don’t think he is the nice guy he makes himself out to be he certainly doesn’t like it when things don’t go his own way he soon throws his toys out of his pram when things go against him he certainly has another side to him and he can’t take criticism, since he came pretty much everything has gone his way and he has been praised to the hilt and rightly so as he has been incredible but the way he reacted to Roy Keane when he said they were sloppy was certainly over the top and a few times he had had had a tantrum when Liverpool have lost. If he loses it so easy when Liverpool are so far ahead of the rest imagine what he would be like when they aren’t winning all the time eventually it will happen as no team no matter how good dominates forever all good things come to an end and if Klopp is still in charge I bet you see a different Klopp who is a difficult man to deal with as his ego won’t be able to take losing all the time like everyone else. 

As for Man United you could argue they were slightly unlucky to lose 6-1 as they were down to 10 Men if it was 11 vs 11 maybe they wouldn’t of lost by 6, yes they would of lost as Spurs were all over them but the extra man advantage helped Spurs and United downed tools, on the other hand maybe they would of lost by that margin as they have been awful this season at home to Palace and Brighton should of battered United they hit the woodwork 5 times and how United won that game I will never know they were so, so lucky someone giving United a pasting has been coming. I think Ole will be sacked by Christmas and Pochettino will replace him. I must admit Martial was done like a kipper by Lamela he threw the first day dig and although Martial shouldn’t of retaliated the way Lamela went down was pathetic he was a disgrace, Martial should of had a yellow or both should of been sent off.?

16 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

I must admit Martial was done like a kipper by Lamela he threw the first day dig and although Martial shouldn’t of retaliated the way Lamela went down was pathetic he was a disgrace, Martial should of had a yellow or both should of been sent off.?

Agreed. Martial had to go but I would have sent Lamela off for playacting.

McJake does it again

Hearts 6-2 The Wee Team :D:D:D:D:D

121714148_10221587907861901_5612291784051070273_n.jpg

Thistle play our first league game in 8 month or so this afternoon against bloody Clyde. If the wrong result happens me and Willz might have to hide from one of the admin for a while. :o:lol:

• Haha 1

Oh dear.

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Oh dear.

:lol: :lol: :lol: See you in a couple of days? 

• Haha 1

And I'll just leave this here for everyone

122093093_10157140422485981_921213982320

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

A striker? Had to be really.

He shoots, he scores....

13 minutes ago, En Passant said:

A striker? Had to be really.

He shoots, he scores....

It's all happening here - Jizz is everywhere tonight!

Inside Hearts starts tonight on BBC Scotland

Another chance to laugh at there relegation 

Scotland!!!!

• Thanks 2

McGeller for the win.

4 minutes ago, time said:

McGeller for the win.

Fucking twat. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, time said:

McGeller for the win.

Is it just me or is anyone else really missing James Randi at this moment?

• Haha 1

Didi Hamann Germany's top player tonight

• Haha 1

Oops, wrong thread. 

Just delete this. Hah.

Edited by Genfærd

4 minutes ago, Genfærd said:

Former Liverpool FC manager, Gerard Houllier, dead (aged 73).

Won the UEFA Cup and FA Cup with them.

Already posted in the "time added" football thread in the main forum an hour ago.  Do keep up young fella. 

• Thanks 1

Granted this is part of the reason Carlisle fell from 1st to 3rd this week (Covid outbreak at our end didn't help) 

But RESPECT!!

• Like 4