2 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

As someone who only casually watches the sport I would think this actually makes La Liga,Premiereship,Bundesliga etc interesting .  I never understood why anyone unless they were a Bayern Munich fan or masochist would keep up with the top flight German League when it's the same team winning year after year(and if they don't win one year they will be able to just poach the best players from the team who upset the balance) Ditto La Liga with Barca/Madrid squads.  These top flight domestic league's now as they exist are Groundhog's Day  for essentially 1 super rich club or maybe 2-3 super rich clubs

Leicester City won the league here.

Wet Spam may actually make the champions league this season too.

When or if the big clubs fuck off to their financial utopia, it will leave football leagues, around Europe, far more competitive for sure but it will also leave a fucking great big hole.

My love of football has been dying for a while now anyway.

Spurs can carry on without me.

I think this is just the beginning and sooner or later , PSG and all the other big clubs will join. 

I can see a European super league with the teams mentioned they'll probably add Celtic, rangers,Ajax, Anderlecht etc.  

They'll make a superleague 2 with lesser teams . Essentially I think they want one football pyramid ( with around 5 tiers) for all of Europe. Probably end up with shakhtar donetsk & benfica playing in the third division battling it out for promotion to the second division.

Maybe this is needed to revive football! It was getting stale , the FA cup lost its magic and the gulf with regards to money & quality between teams was a joke . Liverpool walked the league last year an city this year . However a closed league with no relegation and similar to an American style set up would kill football as we know it.

Speaking as a genuine fan (i.e.: prefer a pre-match pub and genuine seat in the ground to a big telly and Sky subscription): 

176062562_10157507838560981_519588687117

This delightful image is a available as a t-shirt

Link: https://shop.wsc.co.uk/stuff-yer-superleague?fbclid=IwAR0qpOBw_cUCx6ntQCirI08gj6OJlhiY3Ruyy5a1yJ1MqdBp38mM0oc4n_8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Speaking as a genuine fan (i.e.: prefer a pre-match pub and genuine seat in the ground to a big telly and Sky subscription): 

176062562_10157507838560981_519588687117

This delightful image is a available as a t-shirt

Link: https://shop.wsc.co.uk/stuff-yer-superleague?fbclid=IwAR0qpOBw_cUCx6ntQCirI08gj6OJlhiY3Ruyy5a1yJ1MqdBp38mM0oc4n_8

Latest news is, apparently, Chelsea are pulling out of the Super league deal.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Latest news is, apparently, Chelsea are pulling out of the Super league deal.

Yeah, just seen that. Either way, this shit'll rumble on and get complicated.

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, just seen that. Either way, this shit'll rumble on and get complicated.

Probably.

The clubs will end up with more money from the pot, things will die down and normality, whatever that is, will resume.

Personally, I am just waiting for the new season so I can go and watch my local team get beaten at home on a regular basis in the National League.

Obvs, if the mighty Carlisle end up, at some point, down with us, I'd expect you up this way for a pint, a pie and a chat when we play each other.

This whole thing reminds me of The Shock Doctrine, the book by Naomi Klein, that argued that capitalists like to use disasters to overwhelm the population and enact ultra-capitalist policies (i.e. school privatization in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina).

Similarly, the Super League became official now because the financial backers (JP Morgan, for example), figured that the fandom is too occupied with other stuff during this epidemic, and that they wouldn't resist right now, because they can't even attend the games. Only, they probably have underestimated how dear the sport is to the people.

• Like 1

Ed Woodward, ManU boss, is resigning. The president of Juventus, too....oops...

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ed Woodward, ManU boss, is resigning. The president of Juventus, too....oops...

:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Probably.

The clubs will end up with more money from the pot, things will die down and normality, whatever that is, will resume.

Personally, I am just waiting for the new season so I can go and watch my local team get beaten at home on a regular basis in the National League.

Obvs, if the mighty Carlisle end up, at some point, down with us, I'd expect you up this way for a pint, a pie and a chat when we play each other.

The one season we spent at that level holds fond memories (though escaping through the play-offs whilst Barnet breezed back into the league was a nervous coda). Friendly away fans, the odd 7-0 win witnessed and the all round good vibes were likely the reason The Voice of Young Maryport abandoned his misguided allegiance to Arsenal and has maintained his bond with Carlisle despite now earning himself a tidy crust. Wouldn't want to be back there but you may yet join us (I mean, if Harrogate and Barrow can make it!!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Guessing  king's Lynn fan? You're currently disputing 3rd bottom with my lot (Weymouth).

Happily we'll both be spared this year by virtue of the league below being null and voided but confident we at least will be struggling again next year.

• Like 1

What a shit show this super league stuff has been

Gary Neville is celebrating the news in quite a novel way.

F1E07571-1C8B-4CCD-9448-7910398BB215.jpeg.2b87ab8b6e4b37900b5520a9553eac52.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, six feet blunder said:

Dare say the clubs who want this super league will try again in a few years

This may have been a negotiating ploy to make the reserved elite places in the CL look more palatable 

Just thought i'd mention the mighty Clyde needed to win tonight against East Fife to stay in the first division.  They duly obliged by winning 2-1.  Dumbarton are in the play offs.

Oh, and congratulations to MSC & Young Wills team Partick on winning the league.    

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Just thought i'd mention the mighty Clyde needed to win tonight against East Fife to stay in the first division.  They duly obliged by winning 2-1.  Dumbarton are in the play offs.

Oh, and congratulations to MSC & Young Wills team Partick on winning the league.    

Thanks - it was frankly a sensational run of form - something like 5th place and 11 points off the top on April 1st. Completely and utterly unThistle! 

Well done on staying up, it didn't look good at one point.

Partick should be thanking Falkirk for losing six of there last eight matches and throwing away a massive lead

11 hours ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Partick should be thanking Falkirk for losing six of there last eight matches and throwing away a massive lead

Aye but you know, that's fitba for you...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

FOXES!

Totally deserved. What an incredible performance. Stunning goal from Tielemans, equally stunning save from Schmeichel (he must have wrists of steel!) and then the drama of the VAR call! So pleased for you, such a likeable club, such a model for foreign owners and what can actually be achieved. Enjoy every moment of it, Biblio.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Totally deserved. What an incredible performance. Stunning goal from Tielemans, equally stunning save from Schmeichel (he must have wrists of steel!) and then the drama of the VAR call! So pleased for you, such a likeable club, such a model for foreign owners and what can actually be achieved. Enjoy every moment of it, Biblio.

There was me thinking "Fuck me, is he still playing?"  :facepalm: 

I haven't followed football for ages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's rare that I'm anything other than cynically depressed by a footballer's interview, but Allison's post-match talk was really quite moving, and articulate for a non-English speaker (except the bit about God). Also, he nodded home the first goal by a Liverpool keeper in their/its storied history to keep the CL flame flickering.

A few minutes later, I was moved to laughter at the whining of mealy-mouthed Fat Sam bemoaning officials and VAR and probably God too (yes, I know WBA got slightly gypped on the night, but still). Never mind, I'm sure a nice chunky brown envelope will put a smile back on his enormous face.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

It's rare that I'm anything other than cynically depressed by a footballer's interview, but Allison's post-match talk was really quite moving, and articulate for a non-English speaker (except the bit about God). Also, he nodded home the first goal by a Liverpool keeper in their/its storied history to keep the CL flame flickering.

A few minutes later, I was moved to laughter at the whining of mealy-mouthed Fat Sam bemoaning officials and VAR and probably God too (yes, I know WBA got slightly gypped on the night, but still). Never mind, I'm sure a nice chunky brown envelope will put a smile back on his enormous face.

I hate that corrupt fat bastard