Not greatly bothered about the remaining Premiershit uncertainly over European places next season or the two big European finals to come but...

Sutton United's 3-0 demolition of fellow promotion- chasers Hartlepool leaves the Surrey club as National League Champions, and part of League Two next season. The London Branch of the Carlisle support have a new venue on the tour dates when they come out on 24 June

190525233_10157572693125981_300507896164

Congratulations to St Johnstone fc scottish legue cup and scottish cup double in Callum Davidsons first season in management

1 hour ago, six feet blunder said:

Congratulations to St Johnstone fc scottish legue cup and scottish cup double in Callum Davidsons first season in management

Also to Kelty Hearts on promotion to the big leagues. :lol:  Shame to see Brechin dropping out. 

Sad - though not unexpected - news from Dingwall.

Ross County have announced that manager John Hughes will leave the club upon the expiry of his contract.

Hughes was appointed in Dingwall until the end of the season back in December with a simple task – keep the Staggies up.

Eight wins, including three-in-a-row to end the campaign, and two draws in the league did exactly that, with County rising from the foot of the table when Hughes took over to 10th place when the league finished, not even needing to win a play-off to secure their top flight status

County say Hughes has decided to explore other opportunities, and accordingly will not be remaining in Dingwall, but called his time at the club a "great success".

Ross County kicked Celtic’s arse twice in a row, etc etc.  Hughes will be missed.

SC

Most of you will say its awful, but I think the new Dundee United home kit is a thing of beauty.  Not sold on the away kit yet, but hopefully it will grow on me

united.png

11 minutes ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Most of you will say its awful, but I think the new Dundee United home kit is a thing of beauty.  Not sold on the away kit yet, but hopefully it will grow on me

united.png

I think if it grew on me I'd have it surgically removed. ;)

• Haha 3

Premier League player arrested for Child sex offences. 

Player not named but is 31 and Everton has released a club statement 

15 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Premier League player arrested for Child sex offences. 

Player not named but is 31 and Everton has released a club statement 

And according to Wee Jum on the Time Added thread Gylfi Siggurdson, aged 31 who plays for Everton, has been arrested.....

• Like 1

Oldham athletic could be the first ex premier League team to drop out of the football league and play non-league football.Currently 24th of 24 having lost their opening 4 games , one to keep an eye on. Usually in league1/ 2 a bad start can see you marooned at the bottom of the table and it becomes hard to escape.

Talking of bad starts arsenal had their worse start to a season in 118 years. 0 points 0 goals. When was the last time arsenal lost their opening 3 games to a season? No idea but with man city next it looks likely. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 01:47, the_engineer said:

Oldham athletic could be the first ex premier League team to drop out of the football league and play non-league football.Currently 24th of 24 having lost their opening 4 games , one to keep an eye on. Usually in league1/ 2 a bad start can see you marooned at the bottom of the table and it becomes hard to escape.

Talking of bad starts arsenal had their worse start to a season in 118 years. 0 points 0 goals. When was the last time arsenal lost their opening 3 games to a season? No idea but with man city next it looks likely. 

Carlisle have selflessly taken the second relegation spot just above Scunthorpe - same points as Oldham but worse goal difference. Last Saturday our defending was - frankly - fucking awful. As some of the usual suspects settle in the bottom six we're in for a long and nervy season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genfærd said:

Bizzare goal at OT tonight.

https://streamwo.com/file/61a9283aaefbb

To be fair man utd can't complain . If de gea hadn't been Messing around he probably would've saved it. I've seen people have their foot ran over and not roll on the floor like that, clearly playing for a foul but in the end it didn't matter.

On 02/11/2021 at 21:23, maryportfuncity said:

Carlisle have selflessly taken the second relegation spot just above Scunthorpe - same points as Oldham but worse goal difference. Last Saturday our defending was - frankly - fucking awful. As some of the usual suspects settle in the bottom six we're in for a long and nervy season. 

Carlisle have got themselves out of it now. Oldham athletic however are stirring down the barrel. 4 pts adrift of and played a game more than both barrow (barrow have +16 goal difference to Oldham) and Stevenage, not an impossible task but they could be about to make history for all the wrong reasons. 

4 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Carlisle have got themselves out of it now. Oldham athletic however are stirring down the barrel. 4 pts adrift of and played a game more than both barrow (barrow have +16 goal difference to Oldham) and Stevenage, not an impossible task but they could be about to make history for all the wrong reasons. 

Aye, and as someone who attended their six-point nail-biter with Carilsle (we won with a goal in the dying seconds), I thought Oldham way better than other relegation threatened clubs I've seen this season. Away at Stevenage at Christmas our 2-0 win was like watching two losing teams stumble through 90 of the worst minutes it's been my displeasure to pay for. Marathon, not a sprint etc. etc. so the points over a season tend not to lie. And, ex-Premiershit or not, Oldham might find the fifth tier a tough place to leave.  

I doubt we’ll win the quadruple, but just beating Scum 9-0 over two league games this season warms the heart of a fan who suffered through the dark years of Fergie time.

We knocked ye off yer fucking perch the noo alright, yacuntya.

image.jpeg.44e39f4be1269f33b1ad6792fdfe575d.jpeg

However, the less said about Chester FC the better, right now.

On 18/04/2022 at 23:05, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, and as someone who attended their six-point nail-biter with Carilsle (we won with a goal in the dying seconds), I thought Oldham way better than other relegation threatened clubs I've seen this season. Away at Stevenage at Christmas our 2-0 win was like watching two losing teams stumble through 90 of the worst minutes it's been my displeasure to pay for. Marathon, not a sprint etc. etc. so the points over a season tend not to lie. And, ex-Premiershit or not, Oldham might find the fifth tier a tough place to leave.  

Well they went down today. Alot of former big clubs falling from grace recently. Derby in the third tier, Oldham athletic non- league, man United in decline and on for their worst points total in a premier League season... oh and  Everton could get relegated for the first time on 71 years.

9 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Well they went down today. Alot of former big clubs falling from grace recently. Derby in the third tier, Oldham athletic non- league, man United in decline and on for their worst points total in a premier League season... oh and  Everton could get relegated for the first time on 71 years.

Re Everton, little known fact  Carlisle have a 100% league record over them having done the double in our only top flight season

• Like 2

On 24/04/2022 at 07:17, maryportfuncity said:

Re Everton, little known fact  Carlisle have a 100% league record over them having done the double in our only top flight season

If Everton go down I see them doing a Sunderland, Portsmouth , Bolton etc. Might be playing them in the near future.

• Shocked 1

Poor rich family upset that scousers booed them. 

• Thanks 1

On 26/04/2022 at 12:14, the_engineer said:

If Everton go down I see them doing a Sunderland, Portsmouth , Bolton etc. Might be playing them in the near future.

Hmm, I doubt it tbh - they wouldn't sink lower than tier three and likely wouldn't go below the bottom half of the Championship. So many clubs in so much financial shit below the Premiership, Everton would be nothing special in that company once they offloaded their misfiring and overpaid "assets"

Right. Thanks to the victorious Lionesses, we can retire the Baddiel & Skinner song.

That game just about made me like football. Incredible display!

• Like 1

Apparently a good game.....Have to admit the whole tournament totally passed by me.

Didn't know England was such a force, but then, the German team wasn't expected to be competing either.

Just waiting for the racists to kick in now.