England men: It's coming home.
England women: Where is it?
England men: Sorry... Next time. 
England women: You keep saying that... stay here, we'll go and get it!

• Haha 3

My Twitter followers have decided this will be the finishing positions in the Premier League come May 2023

image.png.e57e5cc5ffc59dec9133969b3faa4e94.png

Well played, Sheffield International FC

There has been an incident in Indonesia where it's thought at least 174 people died at the stadium where there was a pitch invasion that got out of hand. BBC

I'm not going to post the videos but they are all over Twitter.

Albanian football player Sulejman Maliqati (Wiki), also known as "the black cat of Albania" dead at 94

• Like 1

Scottish Cup.

Darvel 1 - Aberdeen 0

MMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!

MOTD is worth watching not for the dull matches but for the pundits’ loathing and mockery of VAR, the worst thing that’s happened to football since Keegan’s perm. Cricket reviews work because it’s inherently a game of order, VAR doesn’t because football is inherently a game of chaos. I’m sure someone like Camus must have said that.

4 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

MOTD is worth watching not for the dull matches but for the pundits’ loathing and mockery of VAR, the worst thing that’s happened to football since Keegan’s perm. Cricket reviews work because it’s inherently a game of order, VAR doesn’t because football is inherently a game of chaos. I’m sure someone like Camus must have said that.

It's turned extra time into a 2 minute extra to something up to 10 minutes. At least in the world cup anyway.

• Like 1

Congratulations Celtic!  

• Like 1

This year Premier League relegation battle is the  tightest it has ever been with 4 points separating the bottom nine clubs

The BBC have just published the chances of survival

Stats

Half the Premier league clubs now have a different manager than they did at the start of the season, some clubs changing more than one

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

This year Premier League relegation battle is the  tightest it has ever been with 4 points separating the bottom nine clubs

The BBC have just published the chances of survival

Stats

Half the Premier league clubs now have a different manager than they did at the start of the season, some clubs changing more than one

Saints look fucked because they just keep drawing/losing games they need to win. Gravity is against Forest and Bournemouth. I'd like Everton to go down because they've been so awful for ages, a regroup in a lower league could be the Newcastle/Villa kick they need. Or, you know, they could do a Sunderland...

Leeds/Leicester/Wolves all feel like they have enough results in them to stay up. Palace are the ones who could keep Forest/Bournemouth up tbh. Their remaining fixtures are kind, but if they lost them, they're down - mostly teams below them in the league. Also, Roy Hodgson looked like he was going to keel over at any second when he retired 18 months ago, and now he's back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The tightest of the history of the Premier League, or of the history of English highest division ? Cause it’s not the same 30 or 134 years !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

Saints look fucked because they just keep drawing/losing games they need to win. Gravity is against Forest and Bournemouth. I'd like Everton to go down because they've been so awful for ages, a regroup in a lower league could be the Newcastle/Villa kick they need. Or, you know, they could do a Sunderland...

Leeds/Leicester/Wolves all feel like they have enough results in them to stay up. Palace are the ones who could keep Forest/Bournemouth up tbh. Their remaining fixtures are kind, but if they lost them, they're down - mostly teams below them in the league. Also, Roy Hodgson looked like he was going to keel over at any second when he retired 18 months ago, and now he's back!

Agree with most of this, although I think Leeds may join Saints and Bournemouth, like Saints they don't have anyone who can consistently hit a barn door and are also poor in defence. Palace are good in defensively and should be capable of grinding out a few results against those around them. Much as I'd like to see them go, Everton look better under Dyche, as do Wolves under Lopetegui. Leicester and West Ham should have enough to stay up considering both have most of the same squads that have finished top half in recent seasons. Forest are out of form but have a decent manager and think they could survive by the skin of their teeth.

Personally would like Saints to stay up, going to St Marys next weekend with one of the young wombles to see them play City but the squad isn't good enough particularly up front and in goal. Romeu has been a big miss this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

The tightest of the history of the Premier League, or of the history of English highest division ? Cause it’s not the same 30 or 134 years !

Defo Premier League in the days of 2 points for a win it would have been much tighter 

• Like 1

Why, you’re a Notts County fan ?

I was just watching Welcome to Wrexham on Netflix !

10 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

:referee:I loathe fucking Wrexham even more than usual tonight. 

Spoken like a true Chester fan. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Spoken like a true Chester fan. 

We have the Northern League Premier (or whatever it's called) playoffs coming up. So we could return to face Wrex... oh bollocks, they just got promoted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Some top class Spursying from Spurs today. Taking bottling to a whole new level

I hate being a Spurs fan, I've had some terrible weeks and Tottenham just made them worse. Hope Kane and Son leave, they're too good to stay in this shite club. Can't imagine what the away fans must feel, travelling all the way to Newcastle just to see this shameful performance.

1 hour ago, wannamaker said:

I hate being a Spurs fan, I've had some terrible weeks and Tottenham just made them worse. Hope Kane and Son leave, they're too good to stay in this shite club. Can't imagine what the away fans must feel, travelling all the way to Newcastle just to see this shameful performance.

Yeah, all those absolute fucking idiots, travelling 100s of miles to unfurl ENIC out banners and chant 'Levy Out'.

No wonder we are an absolute fucking shit show.

• Like 1