On 23/04/2023 at 18:56, wannamaker said:

I hate being a Spurs fan, I've had some terrible weeks

Imagine what Chelsea fans must be feeling ! They’ve just lost against Arsenal and are 12th with 39 points, which means they won’t qualify for an European competition next year ! This had not happened to them since 1996 !

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

Imagine what Chelsea fans must be feeling ! They’ve just lost against Arsenal and are 12th with 39 points, which means they won’t qualify for an European competition next year ! This had not happened to them since 1996 !

At least they've seen their team win the league and a fucking champions league. They're having a bad season sure, but it's fucking Chelsea, they'll get their form back next season, can't really be sure with spurs since I'm pretty sure Kane is leaving and we don't have a quality backup striker, spurs have improved a bit in their latest games but we're probably getting no european football considering Liverpool, Villa and Brighton have been playing really well lately.

8 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

At least they've seen their team win the league and a fucking champions league. They're having a bad season sure, but it's fucking Chelsea, they'll get their form back next season, can't really be sure with spurs since I'm pretty sure Kane is leaving and we don't have a quality backup striker, spurs have improved a bit in their latest games but we're probably getting no european football considering Liverpool, Villa and Brighton have been playing really well lately.

I think Kane will stay this summer, simply because no-one will pay what Levy demands for a 30 year old with a year left on his contract.

You never know, if Levy finally gets a managerial appointment right, he might even sign a new deal - he wants to win trophies for sure, but he'd definitely prefer to win them with Spurs.

Honestly, Chelsea's troubles have been the only thing that's made this season bearable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Chelsea's troubles have been the only thing that's made this season bearable.

And what about Arsenal who still have a chance to be champion ? I thought the Gunners fans and you guys were rivals ?

2 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

And what about Arsenal who still have a chance to be champion ? I thought the Gunners fans and you guys were rivals ?

That's been one of the unbearable bits. Fortunately they've blown it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

They didn't compete in Europe in 2016/17, they went on to win the Premier League however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinbabad said:

Disappointed mainly, with some disbelief at what that baseball guy has done to the club. But when all is said and done, its only football. Life goes on.

Sadly, there is now a generation of football 'fans' who have grown up thinking they only have to turn up to win, whereas us old timers fans understand (and accept) that losses are part and parcel of the game; all teams go through troughs; no-one has a divine right to win every game. (and also that football existed before the Sky/Premier League).

• Like 1

I was never that much of a football fan but honestly it's now so much all about whichever human rights abusing semi-dictatorship buys which club for sportswashing.

Harder to care than ever. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, time said:

Disappointed mainly, with some disbelief at what that baseball guy has done to the club. But when all is said and done, its only football. Life goes on.

Sadly, there is now a generation of football 'fans' who have grown up thinking they only have to turn up to win, whereas us old timers fans understand (and accept) that losses are part and parcel of the game; all teams go through troughs; no-one has a divine right to win every game. (and also that football existed before the Sky/Premier League).

I agree with you. I’m a PSG and France supporter so I had my share of disappointments this year, but c’est la vie, nothing dramatic.

About your last sentence, I’m also annoyed when a article says that someone or some club has beaten an « historical » record of English football, but when you look closer, it’s only in the history of Premier League, so in the last 30 years.

• Like 3

Napoli did it, they are Italy’s champion !

I’m not a Napoli fan, but I think it’s noteworthy, because since their last title in 90, they’re only the 4th team outside the Italian big three (Juventus, AC Milan and Inter) to win the Serie A !
The three others were Sampdoria in 90, Lazio in 2000 and AS Roma in 2001.

• Like 1

Unluckiest football team must be Notts County finished runners up to Wrexham on 107 points. Todays play off semi final losing 2-0 at home to Boreham Wood at half time

1 hour ago, six feet blunder said:

Unluckiest football team must be Notts County finished runners up to Wrexham on 107 points. Todays play off semi final losing 2-0 at home to Boreham Wood at half time

I honestly feel they should have been promoted along with Wrexham because both teams had over 100 points.

1 hour ago, six feet blunder said:

16 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I honestly feel they should have been promoted along with Wrexham because both teams had over 100 points.

I agree with ladyfiona on this one. Unbelievable that a team with 30+ points below them could potentially get promoted over them. 

Now in extra time NC v BW now 2-2 as I type. 

• Like 1

On 03/05/2023 at 01:41, time said:

football existed before the Sky/Premier League

By the way, I was wondering if Gündogan’s goal on FA Cup final is really the fastest ever, or the fastest since 1993 ?

Unlucky today @msc! I checked in midway through the second half at 3-0 on aggregate and it seemed a foregone conclusion! :o

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Unlucky today @msc! I checked in midway through the second half at 3-0 on aggregate and it seemed a foregone conclusion! :o

You missed a very exciting game. Hard to believe I was actually cheering on the Jags. Oh well, maybe next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Oh well, maybe next season. 

Hopefully behind United though :)

So Postecoglou is the new spurs manager, can't say I'm really familiar with his style of play but having an attacking manager is a nice change. Hope Levy backs him, but at this point I can't really trust in the bald fucker.

On 04/06/2023 at 02:19, Sinbabad said:

By the way, I was wondering if Gündogan’s goal on FA Cup final is really the fastest ever, or the fastest since 1993 ?

It is the fastest ever, although I believe it's possible that there may have been a quicker one in one of the very early finals when these things weren't measured.

5 hours ago, wannamaker said:

So Postecoglou is the new spurs manager, can't say I'm really familiar with his style of play but having an attacking manager is a nice change. Hope Levy backs him, but at this point I can't really trust in the bald fucker.

I was very sceptical when his name was first mentioned, but the more I read about him the more excited I get. I'm now (cautiously) very optimistic about this appointment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

It is the fastest ever, although I believe it's possible that there may have been a quicker one in one of the very early finals when these things weren't measured.

I was very sceptical when his name was first mentioned, but the more I read about him the more excited I get. I'm now (cautiously) very optimistic about this appointment.

Yeah, we will now be putting the ENIC OUT banners away and stop chanting 'Levy Out' on the terraces.

That is the c**ts 12th appointment, seriously, I am all out of fucks to give now.

They may as well put Schofield in charge for all I care.

Is Postecoglou the first Aussie in charge of a Premier League club?

1 hour ago, Sly Ronnie said:

It would appear so

13 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Not even the first at Spurs

Aussie Ardiles!

(Just saw this elsewhere and wish I'd seen it before I posted last night!)

• Haha 2

So Messi has now joined David Beckham's club of Inter Miami.

West Ham won the Europa League Conference !

Any Hammers fans here ?

• Like 1