Should Dr Hack chance upon this thread I'd be interested in his opinions. Mucho pre-match talk, fuelled by foaming London ale at surprisingly affordable prices, last Saturday suggesting the 3-0 drubbing by Queen of the South of Gretna amounted to the higher placed team doing their neighbours a favour to ease relegation worries.

Sounds like complete 'nads to me, but I thought I'd ask one closer to Raydale Park.

Check out the statue, the guy gave them 66 years, they spent a mint on something that looks like an overgrown Thunderbirds puppet!

Check out the statue, the guy gave them 66 years, they spent a mint on something that looks like an overgrown Thunderbirds puppet!

It is ridicilous isn't it?

How Ian Brennan & the Bates family can be happy with that, I do not know. I agree with the general consensus that the arms are too long, the legs are laughably short and agree it does look like Milan Mandaric.

Make me glad we put up a simple but striking plaque to honour dear Maurice Evans, and not a statue like this.

It is ridicilous isn't it?

How Ian Brennan & the Bates family can be happy with that, I do not know. I agree with the general consensus that the arms are too long, the legs are laughably short and agree it does look like Milan Mandaric.

Make me glad we put up a simple but striking plaque to honour dear Maurice Evans, and not a statue like this.

They should ship it to Leicester then... :)

Statues are becoming rather too banal, rather like minutes silences and that....

Sculptor was on Radio 4 this morning copping for the shoddy results and saying he'd already gone back to the foundry where they'd agreed it could be remodelled.

Makes you wonder about all these sculptures pre-photo days of eminent scientists, politicians and traffic cones on riders on horses and so forth...

Apparently part of the trouble was the sculptor had been working from photographs and not a 3D model seeing as Mr Southampton past on in 2003, (hence the tribute).

It's not the first time we've been disappointed with who we've hired to do a job

Alan Ball (1994-1995)

Dave Merrington (1995-1996)

Graeme Souness (1996-1997)

Dave Jones (1997-2000)*

Glenn Hoddle (2000-2001)

Stuart Gray (2001)

Gordon Strachan (2001-2004)*

Paul Sturrock (2004)

Steve Wigley (2004)

Harry Redknapp (2004-2005)

George Burley (2005-present)

*Due to a computing error these managers were allowed to remain in post for more than the statutory limit of +/- 1 year.

To put this in terms of leadership we have to go back to 1951 for Winston Churchill's second term in office to count 11 prime ministers and 1714 to king George I to count 11 monarchs! More realistically in terms of football managers, counting back 11 managers for Chelsea takes me to 1981, 1947 for Arsenal and 1931 for Man Utd. Probably Accrington Stanley have had less managers than the Saints over the last 15 years!

(Relying heavily on google here so if I am wrong shoot the internet)

Carlisle can run you close for management turnarounds and when you see the confusion in the list you'll appreciate that some clubs have known periods of boardroom management worse than Southampton. Things are going pretty well at the moment, mind.

93-96 Mick Wadsworth

96-7 Mervyn Day

97-8 Officially run by two coaches, but everyone said chairman Michael Knighton was picking the team.

98-9 Nigel Pearson (saved on the final day of the season by legendary Jimmy Glass goal - duly sacked)

99 Keith Mincher (best story of the lot, agreed to come, never seen at Brunton Park, 'gone' within a week)

99-00 Martin Wilkinson (saved us, just - and sacked)

00-01 Ian Adkins

01-02 Roddy Collins

02 - Back to an unholy alliance of the coaches and Knighton when Roddy fell out with them over a proposed takeover

02-03 Roddy Collins (back cos his mate John Courtney did take over)

03-06 Paul Simpson

06 - Neil McDonald

Makes you wonder about all these sculptures pre-photo days of eminent scientists, politicians and traffic cones on riders on horses and so forth...

Apparently part of the trouble was the sculptor had been working from photographs and not a 3D model seeing as Mr Southampton past on in 2003, (hence the tribute).

It's not the first time we've been disappointed with who we've hired to do a job

Alan Ball (1994-1995)

Dave Merrington (1995-1996)

Graeme Souness (1996-1997)

Dave Jones (1997-2000)*

Glenn Hoddle (2000-2001)

Stuart Gray (2001)

Gordon Strachan (2001-2004)*

Paul Sturrock (2004)

Steve Wigley (2004)

Harry Redknapp (2004-2005)

George Burley (2005-present)

*Due to a computing error these managers were allowed to remain in post for more than the statutory limit of +/- 1 year.

To put this in terms of leadership we have to go back to 1951 for Winston Churchill's second term in office to count 11 prime ministers and 1714 to king George I to count 11 monarchs! More realistically in terms of football managers, counting back 11 managers for Chelsea takes me to 1981, 1947 for Arsenal and 1931 for Man Utd. Probably Accrington Stanley have had less managers than the Saints over the last 15 years!

(Relying heavily on google here so if I am wrong shoot the internet)

And who's been chairman all that time..

At least it's not as bad as at Man City

And who's been chairman all that time..

At least it's not as bad as at Man City

Thankfully now ousted, no more rugger bugger and jolly hockeysticks public school management for us I hope - can't believe it took them that long to find the source of the problem. Though to be fair the managers pre 96 are not Lowe's fault.

This thread is never about what I think it's about.

Threads are never about what you think they're about.

This thread is never about what I think it's about.

Your football (cue someone to rant about the use of the word "foot" in American football) could well qualify for the squid thread, but only next sunday.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings...2476&cat=11

Which reminds me - anyone got any good pranks I could tea leaf. I'm in need of a bit of "vengence"!

(cue someone to rant about the use of the word "foot" in American football)

Which reminds me - anyone got any good pranks I could tea leaf. I'm in need of a bit of "vengence"!

That's been a mystery to me since I was a tyke.

What sort of prank are you interested in? Funny? Embarrassing? Hurtful? http://www.thepayback.com/

5-0!!!!!, the last nine minutes with them a man short and us rattling in five did much to warm a freezing and wind-blown home crowd.

What and where the f**k is

I'm guessing it's real but I've never seen an injury like it.

Any ideas?

this is the thread where we talk about Dagenham getting promoted ...isn't it ?

I've been away for a while......

What and where the f**k is
I'm guessing it's real but I've never seen an injury like it.

Any ideas?

that is one of strangest things ive ever seen.. looks like south america? and it looks like a seizure. f**k knows.

It most certainly is.

As for MPFC's claim that Oxford would walk the division :lol: They lost to Forest Green Rovers :lol:;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah, happy days. Let's hope they f**k up in the play-offs & joy of joys, stay a non-league club.

Well done to Dagenham, a welcome addition to the league and only fair as they should've been there instead of Boston, who went up illegally. It will be fitting if Boston go down this year whilst the Daggers come up.

It most certainly is.

As for MPFC's claim that Oxford would walk the division :lol: They lost to Forest Green Rovers :lol:;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ah, happy days. Let's hope they f**k up in the play-offs & joy of joys, stay a non-league club.

Well done to Dagenham, a welcome addition to the league and only fair as they should've been there instead of Boston, who went up illegally. It will be fitting if Boston go down this year whilst the Daggers come up.

First Leeds, now Oxford. The list is growing.... ;)

It most certainly is.

As for MPFC's claim that Oxford would walk the division :lol: They lost to Forest Green Rovers ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:;)

I'm praying Bradford City go down... :lol:

MIB, if you read through this thread, you will find I have hated Oxford United since the early 80's, for very good reasons indeed.

Leeds from 1996 onwards, so you've got them the wrong way round.

QPR are the only other ones. Their fans are complete & utter pricks, the lot of them. I've never met one decent one. They (and the club) have the same mentality as Leeds & accuse us of "Nicking" the hoops, even though we were wearing them BEFORE QPR were even formed! :lol:

I hate Warnock, but not Sheffield United. And whilst I don't hate them, Chelsea, Swansea City, Birmingham City & Southampton aren't amongst my favourite clubs.

Other than that, I love 'em all. :lol:

EDIT

As I lived in Spain for a long time, I also have a hatred of Real Madrid. Every other single Spanish team.. fine & Valencia especially so, but Real Madrid... what a bunch of Maricons.

I have hated Oxford United since the early 80's, for very good reasons indeed.

As I recall it, this is because Oxford United's then owner, one Robert Maxwell, proposed merging the club with Reading. Why do you continue to hate the team rather than the ex-owner?

As I recall it, this is because Oxford United's then owner, one Robert Maxwell, proposed merging the club with Reading. Why do you continue to hate the team rather than the ex-owner?

Because one of the Oxford United directors that backed the move back then is still involved with the club. And although they deny it, there is plenty of contempary newspaper reports that revealed that a number of Oxford United fans were backing the move. (Not all of course, and without some OUFC fan's help we would've struggled to gain enough support)

But most importantly, my dear Bald Rick, they're our local rivals & hence we automatically hate them. :lol:

Okay, okay I was wrong about Oxford walking the division, 2-2 against the champions was their last desperate throw of the dice and Dagenham nicking a goal in the final minute showed who was boss.

Still think they'll come up mind cos they'll do what Carlisle did, use their second place at this stage to leave a situation where they can rest players ahead of the play-off battle whilst others are going all out to make the play offs. People forget, we finished behind Barnet and Hereford in our Conference season but Hereford picked up so many knocks and yellow cards on the run in that Stevenage turned them over in the knock out stages of the play offs.

Re that bizarre You Tube video above; a work colleage reckons the initial head/boot contact sparks an epileptic fit in the guy, sounds the most believable explanation to me.

Go well

England look good. "Steve McClaren, is a w**ker, is a w**ker". Ha ha