DL BINGO TIME:

How many of our top fifty will be brown bread when they sack McLaren?

I say...........three.

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

One, I hope. The sooner the better. The man is a f***wit.

Terry says he'd play for nothing

I say the FA should call his and the other players bluff and put them on a pay if you win scheme. Then we'll see some effort, the FA could also paint pound signs in the back of the net to keep them focused.

Sorry John but it's early bath time for b*llshit statements like that. Ciao :lol:

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

McLaren's doing a fantastic job, he's got to stay

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

England's next match isn't until 6 June, at Estonia, who based on snatched highlights v. Israel from last night look terrible. If they don't win that he's toast. They'll win v. Israel at Wembley (assuming it hasn't fallen down) on 2 Sep, but then have a match that has draw and Macca's fired written all over it at home v Russia on 6 Sep. By which time the DL will have sputtered along to four successes.

Wonder what odds one would get at the bookies for that combo?

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

I really really hope you are being ironic ... if not, I think you need a lie-down. :lol:

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

I really really hope you are being ironic ... if not, I think you need a lie-down. :lol:

Actually not ironic, I'm Scottish :lol:

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

You poor thing....

You poor thing....

Lady Die,

I, Heaven Can Wait, Captain Oates, Windsor, Lady Grendel, Scsibear, Teddy and Deadornot will be coming round later to discuss this with you over tea and your toenails.

It is No. 21 isn't it?

You poor thing....

Lady Die,

I, Heaven Can Wait, Captain Oates, Windsor, Lady Grendel, Scsibear, Teddy and Deadornot will be coming round later to discuss this with you over tea and your toenails.

It is No. 21 isn't it?

I was only joking .... honestly. I actually love Haggis.

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

I really really hope you are being ironic ... if not, I think you need a lie-down. :)

Any Jock footie fans want to have an on-line sportsman's bet that they won't qualify but that England will? Even tricking Brian Barleycorn and the rest of the FA into appointing someone who's clearly a Scottish spy (McClaren, eh?) won't save you.

DL BINGO TIME:

I say...........three.

I really really hope you are being ironic ... if not, I think you need a lie-down. :)

Any Jock footie fans want to have an on-line sportsman's bet that they won't qualify but that England will? Even tricking Brian Barleycorn and the rest of the FA into appointing someone who's clearly a Scottish spy (McClaren, eh?) won't save you.

I'd bet on neither of them qualifying yet Northern Ireland somehow managing it.

I take all the points above about the next tough game being his third fixture as the list now stands. However, I'm basing the guess on the likely availability of someone better - like maybe any other manager with a sustainable pulse - at the end of the current season. Brian Barwick was genuinely alarmed at the hatred and bile directed by the fans and they're unlikely to relent. Winning - in one sense - is a problem and his survival depends not on winning but on turning over teams. Frankly, the first half yesterday was a disgrace. Forget the 'no easy games at this level' bullshit, they were Andora, we were England and the scoreline after 45 minutes said everything about the motivation he'd instilled in those players and his tactical nouse.

On that first half showing I'd have welcomed him being replaced by the remains of Bob Woolmer!

On that first half showing I'd have welcomed him being replaced by the remains of Bob Woolmer!

I am currently considering starting a campaign to replace McClaren with Plymouth Argyle's Ian Holloway. The jury's out on whether his tactics will be any better, but you can't fault his passion and hey, even if we lose, the after match press conferences would be f*****g hilarious.

HOLLOWAY FOR ENGLAND!

How about Terry Venables? I know he's a spiv, but he's a good manager.

How about Terry Venables? I know he's a spiv, but he's a good manager.

Isn't he assistant Manager already? I get a bit bored of the Venables for the England job calls, he never qualified for anything as an England Manager and he never won anything as an England Manager, granted he did okay at Barcelona in the 1980s, but we're talking 20 years ago, he wasn't a roaring success at some of the other clubs he went onto manage and his financial dealings have required scrutiny in the past allegedly. They might as well employ Bod and Farmer Giles as England Managers.

They might as well employ Bod and Farmer Giles as England Managers.
Did he replace Farmer Barleymow as Bod's assistant? When did this happen?

I'd always had Frank the Postman down as his natural successor. Shows what I know eh?

They might as well employ Bod and Farmer Giles as England Managers.
Did he replace Farmer Barleymow as Bod's assistant? When did this happen?

I'd always had Frank the Postman down as his natural successor. Shows what I know eh?

I stand corrected! I better send myself off :lol:

Let's be fair, they wanted Scolari for the job and they blew it. If Scolari had taken the job at least there'd have been honesty when dropping Lampard rather than the lame excuse that he'd injured his hand, when apparently the Chelsea doctor has said there's nothing wrong with his hand. Talk about ducking the issue.

First Leeds, now Oxford. The list is growing.... :angry:

MIB, if you read through this thread, you will find I have hated Oxford United since the early 80's, for very good reasons indeed.

Leeds from 1996 onwards, so you've got them the wrong way round.

QPR are the only other ones. Their fans are complete & utter pricks, the lot of them. I've never met one decent one. They (and the club) have the same mentality as Leeds & accuse us of "Nicking" the hoops, even though we were wearing them BEFORE QPR were even formed! :lol:

I hate Warnock, but not Sheffield United. And whilst I don't hate them, Chelsea, Swansea City, Birmingham City & Southampton aren't amongst my favourite clubs.

Other than that, I love 'em all. :D

EDIT

As I lived in Spain for a long time, I also have a hatred of Real Madrid. Every other single Spanish team.. fine & Valencia especially so, but Real Madrid... what a bunch of Maricons.

Didn't Cap'n Bob Maxwell try and merge Oxford and Reading and call them the Thames Valley Warriors or something. Lucky escape there. How we laughed at school when he fell off his yacht (Cap'n Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob.... :) ). The first time I came across Reading was when they started the season with 13 straight wins (1984/5?), a record that still stands I think.

I've been to Valencia and went to the Mestalla when there wasn't a football match and found the spot where Billy Hamilton crossed to Gerry Armstrong, one of my fondest early memories of football.. :D

The first time I came across Reading was when they started the season with 13 straight wins (1984/5?), a record that still stands I think.

1985/86 actually. :crossbone: Yes, it still stands.

That was my first season watching them, perhaps, for rather obvious reasons. I pleaded with my parents to let me go & watch them at Elm Park, but they were a bit wary after the Bradford Fire, Heysel & the Millwall riot at Luton.

RFC vs Notts County was the first one, November 6th (3-1 win), then it was love at 2nd sight with my 2nd game - a 4-3 win against Plymouth - game STILL remembered by any Royals Fan who's been supporting them for 20 years plus. (and evidently by Plymouth fans likewise!)

Record Breaking Royals - games, players, scorers.

Ah great days..... (Shame it took near 20 years to make it all worthwhile :crossbone: )

I am currently considering starting a campaign to replace McClaren with Plymouth Argyle's Ian Holloway. The jury's out on whether his tactics will be any better, but you can't fault his passion and hey, even if we lose, the after match press conferences would be f*****g hilarious.

HOLLOWAY FOR ENGLAND!

If it's class press conferences we want, and a decent manager you'd struggle to beat Gordon Strachen's genius. Amongst many great one liners is the classic:

Reporter: In what area where they superior to you today?

Strachen: That big green one out there!

Thats some record... however... check this lot out..

founder member of the football league

more points in the top flight than any other club

more goals in top flight than any other club

more wins in the top flight than any other club

first English club to appear in European competitions five seasons running (1962-63 to 1966-67)

first and only club to have played 100 seasons in the top flight

they have produced the leading goalscorer in the top flight in 12 seasons, more than any other club.

First club to be presented with the League Championship trophy and medals.

They were the first team to wear the numbers 1-11 on their shirts in a football match

(Dixie Dean being the first ever number 9)

speaking of Dixie, holder of the unbreakable record - 60 League goals in a season - 1923

Also the first teams to wear '08' shirts in football, were Beattie & Gerrard in the derby

First club to issue a regular match programme for home fixtures.

First club to have a four-sided stadium with two tier stands

First club to have a stadium with a three-tier stand

First club to install dugouts

they appeared in the first ever live televised match (vs arsenal)

first club to win a penalty shoot-out in the European Cup - 1970 v Borussia Mönchengladbach

their ground is world's first complete purpose-built football ground.

first club to install undersoil heating in their stadium. They were also the first club to install a net behind the goalposts and bar.

Premierships youngest ever goalscorer: James Vaughn

First club to have the youngest Premiership goalscorer in two consecutive seasons with two different players

First club to play 4000 top-flight games

First club to amass 5000 League points

First club to win the League Championship on two different grounds.

First club to stage an FA Cup final

first club to take points off chelsea in their record breaking 2005/2006 season

Only club outside the Top4 to win the FA Cup in last 16 years

Only club outside the Top4 to win the Charity shield in last 14 years

They hold the unusual distinction of being reigning League champions for the longest time. They won the championship in 1915 and thus remained reigning champions until the 1919-20 season due to the World War I league cancellation. They were also champions in 1939, and again remained reigning champions until the league resumed in 1946-7 after World War II.

if i think of any more, i'll be sure to let you know...

oh yeah, i assume you know who i'm talking about?

Thats some record... however... check this lot out..

founder member of the football league

more points in the top flight than any other club

more goals in top flight than any other club

more wins in the top flight than any other club

first English club to appear in European competitions five seasons running (1962-63 to 1966-67)

first and only club to have played 100 seasons in the top flight

they have produced the leading goalscorer in the top flight in 12 seasons, more than any other club.

First club to be presented with the League Championship trophy and medals.

They were the first team to wear the numbers 1-11 on their shirts in a football match

(Dixie Dean being the first ever number 9)

speaking of Dixie, holder of the unbreakable record - 60 League goals in a season - 1923

Also the first teams to wear '08' shirts in football, were Beattie & Gerrard in the derby

First club to issue a regular match programme for home fixtures.

First club to have a four-sided stadium with two tier stands

First club to have a stadium with a three-tier stand

First club to install dugouts

they appeared in the first ever live televised match (vs arsenal)

first club to win a penalty shoot-out in the European Cup - 1970 v Borussia Mönchengladbach

their ground is world's first complete purpose-built football ground.

first club to install undersoil heating in their stadium. They were also the first club to install a net behind the goalposts and bar.

Premierships youngest ever goalscorer: James Vaughn

First club to have the youngest Premiership goalscorer in two consecutive seasons with two different players

First club to play 4000 top-flight games

First club to amass 5000 League points

First club to win the League Championship on two different grounds.

First club to stage an FA Cup final

first club to take points off chelsea in their record breaking 2005/2006 season

Only club outside the Top4 to win the FA Cup in last 16 years

Only club outside the Top4 to win the Charity shield in last 14 years

They hold the unusual distinction of being reigning League champions for the longest time. They won the championship in 1915 and thus remained reigning champions until the 1919-20 season due to the World War I league cancellation. They were also champions in 1939, and again remained reigning champions until the league resumed in 1946-7 after World War II.

if i think of any more, i'll be sure to let you know...

oh yeah, i assume you know who i'm talking about?

Everton?