Burton Albion 3-5 Brentford. We went 1-0 down only to score three in quick succession, going in at half time 3-1 up. 1 hour and 4 goals conceded later a truly miserable second half is finally over and i'm beginning to doubt our survival chances.

On 19 March 2017 at 20:59, Rhys said:

Burton Albion 3-5 Brentford. We went 1-0 down only to score three in quick succession, going in at half time 3-1 up. 1 hour and 4 goals conceded later a truly miserable second half is finally over and i'm beginning to doubt our survival chances.

I used to go to Eton Park back in the day to watch my lot play Burton and we used to do reasonably well. You maybe at the wrong end of the Championship, but you are six leagues higher up the pyramid than we are.

Funny old game...

MzJXKWR.png

9KEsVsk.jpg

cena.gif

On 05/03/2016 at 14:36, msc said:

I've heard rumours that if that does happen, the board will be handing out altitude sickness pills to the fans to help them recover!

The mighty Thistle have in fact secured a top six finish in Scotland this season. The board will need to start handing out those altitude sickness pills then!

So, me and my Chelsea supporting mate were talking over a curry and beers last night.

He's suggesting Diego Costa may be leaving for Real Madrid in a deal that'll include a few other variable - like players - and be worth around £200 million in total.

Which got me thinking about Carlisle and league two and wondering out loud if you could buy the whole of that league - i.e. every club - for the same money that might make up that one deal. Personally I think you could almost do it but you'd end up leaving out one or two of the bigger clubs - Plymouth, Luton, Portsmouth - so somewhere around 22 professional outfits with league status in total.

Or am I wrong?

24 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, me and my Chelsea supporting mate were talking over a curry and beers last night.

He's suggesting Diego Costa may be leaving for Real Madrid in a deal that'll include a few other variable - like players - and be worth around £200 million in total.

Which got me thinking about Carlisle and league two and wondering out loud if you could buy the whole of that league - i.e. every club - for the same money that might make up that one deal. Personally I think you could almost do it but you'd end up leaving out one or two of the bigger clubs - Plymouth, Luton, Portsmouth - so somewhere around 22 professional outfits with league status in total.

Or am I wrong?

Depends if you are buying the clubs for the sake of the clubs or buying the grounds they play on to sell on to developers?

English lower league fitba is their strength Mary. Top league is shit, and it is, but attendance at 5th tier is outrageous. Not a chance of it happening, even tho they can't compete with China, Russia, Spain anymore for wages.

So, not long back from watching Spurs shit all over Bournemouth.

Bournemouth are not at all shabby but Spurs are seriously good now.

Its got me thinking a bit, primarily about the age old argument about 'REAL' football ( grass roots, Pies and warm beer)and I have come to the simple conclusion that there is no such thing.

When I was 6 my mum took me for a long walk, on a beautiful summers day, up to the North Circular and onto a new Gulf filling Station forecourt.

It was there I was to meet my football idol, Martin Chivers, who was officially opening the Petrol Station.

With brand new autograph book in hand, and a freshly stuck picture of Mr Chivers ( from a bubblegum card) on it, I awaited his arrival like fucking Royalty or summat.

Soon a vision of beauty came into view, a beautiful Opel Rekord convertible, in silver with the most beautifully red leather seats, drove onto the forecourt by the man himself.

I can still remember to this day his kind comment at the pic in my book and the feeling of excitement and wonderment I felt seeing him so close.

That feeling of excitement never went away as far as Football was concerned, If my back hadnt been fucked Id have carried on playing the game beyond the age of 38, the age I finally had to admit defeat.

That excitement is STILL there, still alive on matchday and I really couldnt give a rats shit whether Dele Alli earns more in a week than I can earn in two years because when he is out there ( ditto for all the other players ) Im still in love with the game and with Spurs and Im still like that little boy when we score/win/lose and everything in between.

There is no such thing as 'Real' football because the only thing that matters are the REAL fans of the greatest sport on Earth.

So there!

• Like 1

Looks like there wont be a St. Totteringham's Day either, LFN...

13 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Looks like there wont be a St. Totteringham's Day either, LFN...

Well.......................

If Arsenal finish above Spurs this season then Wenger does indeed have a voodoo doll as I have long suspected...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

If Arsenal finish above Spurs this season then Wenger does indeed have a voodoo doll as I have long suspected...

You are correct on that.

Too many false dawns in the past have made me very cautious but, well, we SHOULD finish above them!!

• Like 1

Thought Spurs were 8 points ahead of Arsenal. 17? Hmm, its always when Arsenal look out of it they suddenly spring back up like Dracula.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, msc said:

Thought Spurs were 8 points ahead of Arsenal. 17? Hmm, its always when Arsenal look out of it they suddenly spring back up like Dracula.

It was at the death last season, they just snuck in. Too far behind this season and a resurgent Liverpool also hover above them.

Yeah, Liverpool's improvement has been like the kloppers this season.

I'll get my coat.

West Ham and Newcastle raided in tax investigation.

Lee Charnley arrested but reports it goes much deeper. Potential belated coffin in our promotion?

Only £5m deathers, I'd be worrying more about the Boumsong deal. But if this involves the French, as it does, maybe it is his purchase that's under investigation.

14 minutes ago, charon said:

Only £5m deathers, I'd be worrying more about the Boumsong deal. But if this involves the French, as it does, maybe it is his purchase that's under investigation.

Rumours are it's the Marseille-Newcastle roundabout that is being investigated. Just got to hope it's also individual tax avoidance and not club level tax avoidance being investigated. 

interesting that the chairman who sold you Boumsong is on the Stand this very minute....

6 hours ago, Deathray said:

West Ham and Newcastle raided in tax investigation.

Lee Charnley arrested but reports it goes much deeper. Potential belated coffin in our promotion?

Im hoping that hag Brady is taken down.

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Im hoping that hag Brady is taken down.

They've only taken in and questioned men so far so she might find jobs above her becoming vacant.

Eight minutes for Arsenal - all over Leicester - to snag a winner that keeps any realistic hope of a top four finish alive.

Remind me; does anyone have Wenger in the footy manager bingo game?

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

They've only taken in and questioned men so far so she might find jobs above her becoming vacant.

I live in hope.

What was the point of Sunderland giving that lad cancer to inspire them?

A sort of DL Cup encounter with a difference awaits us all

League Two plays offs now pit DDT's heroes against mine. They finished (just) above us but our play-off place was sealed today with a 2-3 away win and their place.

Carlisle vs Exeter - 14 May

Exeter vs Carlisle - 18 May

winners play either Luton or Blackpool at Wembley on 28th May

• Like 2