Forest Boss Colin Calderwood On Tonight

"There is no use going with a whimper to Carlisle. Somebody has got to go there and spike them"

The engine is running, the pre-match pints are pushing against the pumps.

MPFC sez:

Bring it On!

MPFC sez:

Bring it On!

They did, and rather well too!

But with sunny Donny losing to bitter local rivals Leeds (who seem to have dropped away from contention), it's still looking good for Carlisle.

Not so for Wrexham who lost the battle at the bottom versus Mansfield & look like leaving only 2 Welsh clubs in the league for the first time in... ooh a very long time indeed! (Must be - at the very least - 60 years? Maybe 100??)

Aye, Leeds did us a favour last night.

Still fairly chipper up here, we had the better and more plentiful chances last night and knocked a couple of sitters wide. Six remaining games include only two away (Leeds and Millwall). Tough home game against Swansea to come though we might have - just - allowed them to seal promotion ahead of that fixture. Also the - relatively - easy tasks of knocking over Yeovil and Bournemouth at Brunton Park, oh aye, and we have a game in hand over Donny and one goal better goal difference.

Good laugh on the half hour last night, ref had himself replaced and left the field to chants of 'You're not fit to referee.'

League

P W D L Pts GD

1. Swansea City 41 24 10 7 82 +36

2. Carlisle United 41 23 9 9 78 +23

3. Doncaster Rovers 42 21 10 11 72 +21

8 points from 5 games needed.............

Bloody hell <_<

Queen of South 4-3 Aberdeen

Fantastic result for the 1st division side.

Leeds United 3 Carlisle United 2.

Did you see it MPFC? Well did ya? Play offs here we come. Next year the Championship then back in the Premiership and the year after, Champions League. Football's coming home to Elland Road, woo, woo, woo!

Leeds United 3 Carlisle United 2.

Did you see it MPFC? Well did ya? Play offs here we come. Next year the Championship then back in the Premiership and the year after, Champions League. Football's coming home to Elland Road, woo, woo, woo!

Aye, not long back. We lost to the better team on the day, no question, still 6-5 on aggregate in our favour over the two games though. If we get 7 points we still can't be caught, Southend next week draw, Millwall away the week after win, Bournemouth home on the last day win. Sorted, reckon Donny might drop a couple of points against either Orient or Luton as well. Despite relegation Luton are a side capable of stopping others playing. Went away there in November, crap game.

Leeds kick off in court. Looking at the arrangements here the judgement won't be delivered until after the play offs. Tough one, had they given Leeds back any points before the end of the season it's likely the top half of the table would have united in their legal action. If Leeds win the play-offs I guess the league might just get away with giving them some points back as well. If they fail in the play-offs they may start next season in League One with points on the board.

Right mess all round really.

Leeds kick off in court. Looking at the arrangements here the judgement won't be delivered until after the play offs. Tough one, had they given Leeds back any points before the end of the season it's likely the top half of the table would have united in their legal action. If Leeds win the play-offs I guess the league might just get away with giving them some points back as well. If they fail in the play-offs they may start next season in League One with points on the board.

And if they don't make the play-offs?

At least Leeds don't have Laurel and Hardy Mortimer and Randolph Duke Hicks and Gillett. Farcical.

And if they don't make the play-offs?

At least Leeds don't have Laurel and Hardy Mortimer and Randolph Duke Hicks and Gillett. Farcical.

You tell me HMBWA...

If they don't make the play-offs and then get their points back so they edge out Donny or us I can see half League One going ballistic. There'll be blathering appeals from Luton and Bournemouth if their points totals with 10 added would have kept them up etc etc. If - as has been suggested by the usual types who claim to be 'in the know' on the CUFC board - the CCC runs one team larger next year and relagates four at the end of the season I'm guessing loads of the usual CCC relegation suspects - Norwich, Sheff Wed, Leicester etc - would go mental whilst ALL of League One would launch some action for lost revenue from the Leeds game.

Is my memory going or did Leeds agree NOT to appeal the ruling ages ago?

In a shocking outbreak of common sense, the decision will now be made before the play-offs begin.

Elsewhere, if the Sky Blues don't play up* at Colchester today it's looking like League One football next season.

* For the uninitiated (co-written by a certain pointy-chinned ex-manager and pundit):

Let's all sing together

Play up, Sky Blues

While we sing together

We will never lose

Tottenham or Chelsea

United or anyone

They shan't defeat us

We'll fight 'til the game is won!

City! City! City!

Except that 'Tottenham', 'Chelsea' and 'United' have been replaced by the likes of 'Cobblers' and 'Oysters'. 1987 seems a world away, sigh...

Southend are unbeaten in 13, we have the best home record in the division and - arguably - the entire football leagues. 3 points today with only Millwall and Bournemouth remaining would leave us needing - probably - only one more win.....

The engine is running, the pre-match pints are pushing against the pumps.

MPFC sez:

Bring it On!

Southend are unbeaten in 13,

MPFC sez:

Bring it On!

Unbeaten in 14 now. That's twice here you've said Bring it On! and twice you've lost. If I were you, I'd keep shtum til season's end... ;)

Meanwhile it's pretty clear that if CUFC do go up, they will be playing Reading after another dismal performance. :(:angry:<_<

I still think WE ARE GOING UP. f*****g brutal yesterday, those watching Championship Goals on ITV will have seen David Raven's red card. Harsh decision, likely to be an immediate appeal. Millwall away and Bournemouth home to come, think them both winnable for us, in which case we'd be second. Assuming Leeds didn't blag it on appeal.

CCC would be another thing, mind. Blackpool's average crowds are about our level, survival like them would have to be the target, meaning much shelling out for away tickets to scoff over-priced snacks and watch us try to force away draws at the likes of Reading or Wolves.

Exeter in to the playoffs tonight - a storming 4-1 win against Stafford. :)

The mother of all showdowns against Torquay at some point in the near future looks very likely.

Wrexham relegated to the Conference. Chester may well follow, so I shall leave it there.

Erk. Hardly surprising and they throughly deserve it after some of the performances this season. But I can't help feeling bitter about them being put in this situation through being shafted by greedy money-grabbing scum which, a couple of seasons ago, put them in receivership, 10pts deducted, relegated and lost all their best players because of it. It's so sad to see this once proud team reduced to this because of the actions of one particular c**t of a 'businessman'.

I hate to admit it Harry, but I hope Chester don't go down. I wouldn't wish this feeling of despair on anyone.

Another dramatic day in the footballing world.

Chester & Reading hang on (for now), but I think it's fair to say Carlisle United have pretty much blown automatic promotion. You can see one of Doncaster & Nottm Forest losing, but not both...

Meanwhile a Southampton home league game versus Hereford United is looking a real possibility. What fun Portsmouth would have if they won the Cup & Soton went down. Monoclinic must be apopletic with rage. As for that matter, I imagine, MPFC also.

And in the Blue Square Prem it will indeed be Exeter vs Torquay for the right to be in the Play-off final at Wembley.

Chester & Reading hang on (for now), but I think it's fair to say Carlisle United have pretty much blown automatic promotion. You can see one of Doncaster & Nottm Forest losing, but not both...

Meanwhile a Southampton home league game versus Hereford United is looking a real possibility. What fun Portsmouth would have if they won the Cup & Soton went down. Monoclinic must be apopletic with rage. As for that matter, I imagine, MPFC also.

And in the Blue Square Prem it will indeed be Exeter vs Torquay for the right to be in the Play-off final at Wembley.

I am what is known as a little distraught, yes. Trying to learn a bit of Welsh for their special day. Any suggestions how I translate "you lucky bunch of skate w******"? (Failing that the translation of either c**** or f****** are perfectly acceptable).

I can't actually imagine what is worse, the possibility of seeing Hartlepol or Bon Jovi at St. Marys. Seeing as our last two matches (Baggies and Blades) are against teams in promotion battles I am certain that we will be in contention for the best stadium in League One award next year, to complement our best championship pitch award this year.

I am what is known as a little distraught, yes. Trying to learn a bit of Welsh for their special day. Any suggestions how I translate "you lucky bunch of skate w******"? (Failing that the translation of either c**** or f****** are perfectly acceptable).

I can't actually imagine what is worse, the possibility of seeing Hartlepol or Bon Jovi at St. Marys. Seeing as our last two matches (Baggies and Blades) are against teams in promotion battles I am certain that we will be in contention for the best stadium in League One award next year, to complement our best championship pitch award this year.

I may be giving you a cheery wave from the other end of the ground Mono. We were f*****g abysmal yesterday. Squad ravaged through injury and suspension made worse with the dismissal of the captain for handling Neil Harris. Only rampant Bournemouth to go, though our fourth place is safe from everything but Leeds getting their points back. With so few left to field the play-offs may be a competition too far this year.