Aye, first managerial casualty of 2011, gotta be at Anfield.

Liverpool haven't sacked a manager since the 50's, though there may have been one or two who have left 'by mutual consent'; these usually happen during the close season. Roy Evans was the last to resign mid-season after his work-share with Houllier didn't work out, back in '98.

For these reasons, I dismiss any notion that the first managerial casualty will be at Anfield. I reckon it's more likely to be in London - SW6 to be more precise.

Guest GuestPedant

Liverpool haven't sacked a manager since the 50's, though there may have been one or two who have left 'by mutual consent'; these usually happen during the close season. Roy Evans was the last to resign mid-season after his work-share with Houllier didn't work out, back in '98.

For these reasons, I dismiss any notion that the first managerial casualty will be at Anfield. I reckon it's more likely to be in London - SW6 to be more precise.

Craven Cottage or Stamford Bridge? Don't just sit on the fence there with your SW6 B)

Aye well, however they spin it, he's gone and nobody's talking about it in postive career terms for Roy. He could always ring up Stockport County who just sacked Paul Simpson.

You are Mystic Meg and I claim my £5...rauch10.gif

Ah well, can't win 'em all, though my money's on SW6 for an actual sacking. (Stamford Bridge for the pedantic guests).

Back in the old country for a short while, I took Junior Honez to Wrexham's two home games on Monday and yesterday and I'm glad to report six points, two clean sheets, Wrexham in a playoff position and a young 'un that had a great time singing, shouting and yelling at the ref. Great stuff.

C'mon the Reds!

Back in the old country for a short while, I took Junior Honez to Wrexham's two home games on Monday and yesterday and I'm glad to report six points, two clean sheets, Wrexham in a playoff position and a young 'un that had a great time singing, shouting and yelling at the ref. Great stuff.

C'mon the Reds!

Great stuff indeed, honez.

(to the tune of Anarchy in the UK)

IIIIIIIIIIIIII am a Wrexham Fan,

IIIIIIIIIIIIII am North-Walian,

I know what I want and how to get it,

Follow the reds til I die an I'mmmmmmmmm Gonna beeeeeeeee WREXHAM FCCCCCCCCCC...

But are you an Aussie or not :-)

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=155286

So, wos goin' on at West Harrrm?

Grant to be replaced after the whistle by Mcneil, then no statement being made.

curiouser and curiouser

Carlisle 4 - 0 Huddersfield

So, that's 90 minutes away at Huddersfield standing between us and a sixth appearance in this final. All being well I'll be able to give a cheery wave to DDT as he settles into his seat at the other end of the stadium.

Nope, but I heard that in the interests of representing a range of choices in terms of sexuality Aston Villa were proud to field a forward line that is Young, Keane and Bent.

Nope, but I heard that in the interests of representing a range of choices in terms of sexuality Aston Villa were proud to field a forward line that is Young, Keane and Bent.

This reminded me of Baddiel & Skinner's Fantasy Football show from 19whatever; one or t'other showed a 1960's Villa program showing a line-up consisting of Brown, Arce and Hole. So I googled it (them). Sadly, according to the BBC, they never actually played together (right at the end of the article).

This reminded me of Baddiel & Skinner's Fantasy Football show from 19whatever; one or t'other showed a 1960's Villa program showing a line-up consisting of Brown, Arce and Hole. So I googled it (them). Sadly, according to the BBC, they never actually played together (right at the end of the article).

If a deal to get a young Irish defender on loan in the late 80s had gone through, Oldham would have had a centre-back partnership of Donachie Babb.

If a deal to get a young Irish defender on loan in the late 80s had gone through, Oldham would have had a centre-back partnership of Donachie Babb.

In the match mentioned, Charlton's back four was Young Fish Costa Fortune.

Wem-ber-ley, Wem-ber-ley...we're the famous Carlisle United and we're going to Wem-ber-ley...though sadly we won't be able to give DDT a cheery pre-kick-off wave.