Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Hilda Braid

Looked well short of match fit doddering into the soap awards this week. b. 1932, can't find anything specific online about serious illness but someone out there might have an inside track on the information.

Looked well short of match fit doddering into the soap awards this week. b. 1932, can't find anything specific online about serious illness but someone out there might have an inside track on the information.

What with the ability of people to confuse thespians and their characters, especially from soaps, she may lose the will to live if people constantly think she's related to 'people's favourite' Shane Ritchie.

It would probably do it for me, I'd be looking up the number for Dignitas in no time. :referee:

I have no real news on Hilda though, obviously.

Has she ever not been a dizzy and doddery old bird? After all, 'Foxy''s girlfriend's mum and Nana Moon were pretty much the same character.

You do know she was in Robin's Nest and Man About The House too... Just thought I'd throw that in.

Take yer point Vinegar Tits but this looks like a case of - ahem - Clive Dunn Syndrome where a thesp plays an old part until the part becomes them. As a rule in the past she hasn't needed help to walk a few steps or the help of someone else to speak for her. It might have been some kind of twisted joke on her part, in which case deep respect to the woman, more likely it was a woman in her mid-seventies already frail beyond her years.