VSBfromH

Disc Jockeys

23 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

It says short illness rather than sudden so I am not sure where the Instagram footage from yesterday came from. 

Yes the Instagram  story is very  curious. I have never used the Instagram story function so I have no idea how it works.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

What is it with Radio 2 DJs dying, living then dying? Brian Mathew now Janice Long? 

Maybe producers pressing the fade button before the "talent" was quite ready.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

What is it with Radio 2 DJs dying, living then dying? Brian Mathew now Janice Long? 

The BBC has dumped its favoured presenters on Radio 2 or its expanding of obscure stations.

The unfavoured ones (especially if they are white, male or conservative) get fired and end up on commercial radio.

Janice Long's death revealed by The Telegraph to be pneumonia.

Reportedly sudden and unexpected. Worth noting her brother, Keith Chegwin, died aged 60 from a lung disease which was likely caused by his 60-cigs-a-day habit.

Given her brown teeth, you got to wonder...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Her immune system might have failed from some kind of cancer.

Or what ever illness caused her June hospitalisation if that wasn’t cancer

On 18/12/2021 at 19:47, Sideik said:

Gigi D'Agostino opens up about a "serious and aggressive illness" he was diagnosed few months ago. He is struggling in constant sorrow, and feels very weak. 

Recent picture on his Facebook profile, he hopes this new year brings some strengthFB_IMG_1642279161878.thumb.jpg.16d94fa5ea9e2fbc2b61d88b7f84617b.jpg

Ralph Emery, "the dean of country music DJs" and a Country Music Hall of Fame inductee, dead at 88. Was married to Skeeter Davis for a while, close friends with Marty Robbins and Tex Ritter and was the subject of the Byrds' song "Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man" ("this one's for you Ralph").

• Like 4

Ray Cordeiro, Hong Kong's most famous DJ, suffered a hemorrhagic stroke on January 25, but has already been discharged.

98 in December.

I see one of the Tabloids has a scoop about Rylan Clarke-Neal and drug use today. 

The Twitter noises I have seen have been supportive of Rylan and he has tweeted "Slow News Day" but see where this story goes.

I think Rylan has done very well with the talents he has been given. The previous incumbents of the Radio 2 Saturday afternoon slot have gone on to bigger things. The biggest accolade I can offer is that I don't turn him off if I am in the car on Saturday afternoon 

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I see one of the Tabloids has a scoop about Rylan Clarke-Neal and drug use today. 

The Twitter noises I have seen have been supportive of Rylan and he has tweeted "Slow News Day" but see where this story goes.

I think Rylan has done very well with the talents he has been given. The previous incumbents of the Radio 2 Saturday afternoon slot have gone on to bigger things. The biggest accolade I can offer is that I don't turn him off if I am in the car on Saturday afternoon 

My former flatmate worked as cabin crew for BA and said Rylan Clark was one of the rudest passengers he had ever encountered. Apparently kicked off a big scene because they didn't have a straw for his drink. He does strike me as someone who would be a total nightmare in real life – a bit precious.

• Like 1

He comes across as someone whos entire personality is an act and they are probably a right cunt off camera.

You know, like a Lorraine Kelly.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

He comes across as someone whos entire personality is an act and they are probably a right cunt off camera.

You know, like a Lorraine Kelly.

So my suspicions about Lorraine Kelly are correct???? :D

Just now, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

So my suspicions about Lorraine Kelly are correct???? :D

AFAIK she's meant to be a proper Cilla diva to folk. You can see the mask slipping on live tv now and again. Not a fan. Like Jackie Bird but no ones heard of her outside of Scotland!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, msc said:

AFAIK she's meant to be a proper Cilla diva to folk. You can see the mask slipping on live tv now and again. Not a fan. Like Jackie Bird but no ones heard of her outside of Scotland!

Yeah, I always thought that Kelly was a bit of a bastard away from the camera. 

As you say, the mask slips sometimes.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My former flatmate worked as cabin crew for BA and said Rylan Clark was one of the rudest passengers he had ever encountered. Apparently kicked off a big scene because they didn't have a straw for his drink. He does strike me as someone who would be a total nightmare in real life – a bit precious.

Sounds like he might have inherited  Cilla Blacks  former throne as one of the most unpopular celebrities  cabin crew staff have dealt with!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

>snip

He's an arsehole.   I can't stand him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who is he?

• Like 1

Just now, Toast said:

Who is he?

I don't know what he's famous for, maybe famous for having fake teeth, hair, skin etc. 

• Like 1

Tim Byrd, known as ‘The Byrdman’ has died. “The Get Up and Go Morning Show” was carried on VCMG Live True Oldies Channel 95.9 FM in the Palm Beaches and 106.9 FM on the Treasure Coast.

Byrd’s radio journey included successful stops in a number of top 50 markets, including New York City. At WNBC he worked with Don Imus and Howard Stern. While at WPIX-FM he was listed in the top 25 morning men in America by Radio and Records.

He was 68 and died on pneumonia.

SC

15 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

"Legendary" Atlanta DJ Silas "Siman Baby" Alexander has died of pancreatic cancer at 58:

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/atlanta-rb-radio-icon-silas-siman-baby-alexander-dies-from-pancreatic-cancer

Also a DDP pick for Yahoo Will Do. Will Yahoo come through?

I quit considering him after a colleague of his died without a QO. So if he gets one it’ll be a bit annoying