VSBfromH

Disc Jockeys

I would have had Bruno Brookes down as a rank outsider with the likes of Alan Freeman and Jimmy Savile about, but you never know.

Which long-in-the-tooth Radio 1 DJ would be your favourite to star on this site?

• Like 1

Which long-in-the-tooth Radio 1 DJ would be your favourite to star on this site?

Chris Moyles. :old:

Yep, wholeheartedly agree with that one. As, one suspects, would Halle Berry after the other day.

The sensible bet would be Alan Freeman, a man known to enjoy a blast on his asthma inhaler so he could get his lungs ready to enjoy his next fag (arf arf).

Mind you, Jimmy Young (b 1923) is older.

I don't listen to Radio 1. I was forced to as a child by my 'popular-music-loving' parents. I escaped their torture and lived with my older sister, only to find that she, too, listened to the dreaded R1!

From my experiences with the station, I would definitely vote for the smug and sickly Simon Bates to make an appearance here. Soon.

( I quite enjoyed Alan Freeman's Pick of the Pops, pop-pickers, as a child. Only because they played oldies though. )

DJ'ing is like writing, a sedentary job that those with real enthusiasm can do into old age. Radio 2's Humphry Lyttleton is well into his eighties and you'd be a fool to pick him for this year's DL. So, smug or not, Batesy is a man in love with his work and not that old.

'Fluff', on the other hand, has that unrepentant juvenile quality that could just endanger his life. Brinsworth House residents complained about him playing his music too loud! I mean, one of them could kill him.

fluff battered to death by bert weedon's axe? careful with that axe, bert. not 'arf.

sure i don't know what you mean...

there was a small piece about bruno brookes in the NOTW today, where he reckoned that his heart surgery was a 'wake-up call' - did he get that before or after they gave him the anaesthetic? noticeably he didn't say it had put him off the booze and fags.

How about beating Chris Moyles to death with a pickaxe handle whilst listening to Play That Funky Music White Boy by Wild Cherry? :P

Re hearts and the rest, bear in mind 'Fluff' is coming up 79, an unrepentant smoker for many years and a man who's tended to ignore minor health problems against medical advice. His ashtma, love of fags, and liking for a party will probably have over-worked his congested heart. He's not a well man:

His mobility and general health have prompted concerns from friends and admirers, although he remains well enough to make occasional on-air appearances. He is currently a resident of Brinsworth House, a retirement home for actors and performers run by the Entertainment Artistes Benevolent Fund.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Freeman"

Moylesy's weight will catch up with him, but not right away. Fluff to fall first methinks.

I was under the impression it was Johnny Walker that was the most likley to pop the old clogs first, but it looks like he is making something of a recovery from non hodking lymphoma. Now then again that's just the sort of thing that can make a come back a bit down the road and become a real life-threatning hurdle. The smart money still has to run with fluff.

Indeed Rotten Ali, if only because Johnny Walker is a sensible bloke deep down who has taken his health seriously since parting with a few yards of his insides.

Fluff on the other hand maintains his appetite for fags, he hasn't stopped smoking either.

Surely "Pick up the Pieces" by the Average White Band might be more appropriate?

Maybe but I was thinking pure entertainment value... :P

IMDB showing Keith Fordyce (b1928) former Ready Steady Go! presenter still breathing and also David Gell, actor and occasional host of the same show (b 1929).

To the best of my knowledge the aged Fordyce still enjoys passable health. Gell is Canadian and seems to have vanished off the face of the earth, or at least the bit of it a British cyber surfer might know. Does anyone know about his health?

Brian Matthew 78 years old and back as a regular on Radio Two, but his wiki page makes clear the time he missed and is a bit vague about the nature of the infection and operation.

Anyone out there know more?

Brian Matthew 78 years old and back as a regular on Radio Two, but his wiki page makes clear the time he missed and is a bit vague about the nature of the infection and operation.

Anyone out there know more?

Im surprised this wasn't picked up, he is STILL going!!!!

He sounds as chirpy as ever TBF.

Possibly not the worlds oldest DJ but, surely, one of Britains oldest mainstream Jocks.

Why in the living hell is (or was, seeing as it started in 2006) this thread necessary when we have Deadio Times already? Maddening.

I'm serious. Are all your individual homes full of this much fucking clutter? 'Twas Thoreau who said 'Simplicity Simplicity Simplicity.'
Fuck all. The redundancy in these DL threads is astonishing at times. I bring them up to point out your faults, only to have them defended. I need to start up an Internet version of 'Horders' and bring some streamlining techs around to sites on the Web, this would be target #1. It would be a podcast sensation.

SC

Why in the living hell is (or was, seeing as it started in 2006) this thread necessary when we have Deadio Times already? Maddening.

I'm serious. Are all your individual homes full of this much fucking clutter? 'Twas Thoreau who said 'Simplicity Simplicity Simplicity.'

Fuck all. The redundancy in these DL threads is astonishing at times. I bring them up to point out your faults, only to have them defended. I need to start up an Internet version of 'Horders' and bring some streamlining techs around to sites on the Web, this would be target #1. It would be a podcast sensation.

SC

Welcome back Banshees.

Can you not return to posting as he or summat?

Im not liking this one.

Ta.

OK it is probably my fault for resurrecting this thread whilst looking for somewhere to post the lame Jimmy Young comment. I forgot about the Deadio Times thread but I am not apologising. Here is a good as anywhere. It also allowed the issue of Brian Matthew to resurface and be discussed.

OK it is probably my fault for resurrecting this thread whilst looking for somewhere to post the lame Jimmy Young comment. I forgot about the Deadio Times thread but I am not apologising. Here is a good as anywhere. It also allowed the issue of Brian Matthew to resurface and be discussed.

If ever you are going to apologise NEVER do it to a massive dick head.

• Like 3

This thread was created about a month before the Deadio Times thread, it just became quickly forgotten about. I think I remember seeing it when it was created and then it was lost again when other discussion threads would appear nearer the top of the list.

I'm not fussed either way, but if it helps to piss SC off, I say post to both just for funsies.

• Like 2