VSBfromH

Disc Jockeys

Why in the living hell is (or was, seeing as it started in 2006) this thread necessary when we have Deadio Times already? Maddening.

I'm serious. Are all your individual homes full of this much fucking clutter? 'Twas Thoreau who said 'Simplicity Simplicity Simplicity.'

Fuck all. The redundancy in these DL threads is astonishing at times. I bring them up to point out your faults, only to have them defended. I need to start up an Internet version of 'Horders' and bring some streamlining techs around to sites on the Web, this would be target #1. It would be a podcast sensation.

SC

Or you could just fuck off and start your own forum.

• Like 2

This thread was created about a month before the Deadio Times thread, it just became quickly forgotten about. I think I remember seeing it when it was created and then it was lost again when other discussion threads would appear nearer the top of the list.

I'm not fussed either way

:lol:

This is about as 'un'Phantom as you can get, generally you are calmness personified!!!!

• Like 1

This thread was created about a month before the Deadio Times thread, it just became quickly forgotten about. I think I remember seeing it when it was created and then it was lost again when other discussion threads would appear nearer the top of the list.

I'm not fussed either way

:lol:

This is about as 'un'Phantom as you can get, generally you are calmness personified!!!!

I go through stages of apathy and standing my ground. It all depends on how it's going with the calls I get at work. After listening to a customer rant and rave for a couple of minutes, I resist the urge to retort "So how have those anger management lessons been working for you?"

• Like 1

Well, no time like the present to drag out that infamous pic of the launch of Radios 1 and 2 and see who has copped it.

The beginning

Back row (l to r): Tony Blackburn (1943), Jimmy Young (1921-2016), Kenny Everett (1944-1995), Duncan Johnson (1938-2018), Programme Controller Robin Scott (1920-2000), David Ryder (?), Dave Cash (1942-2016), Pete Brady (1942), David Symonds (1943).

Middle row (l to r): Bob Holness (1928-2012), Terry Wogan (1938-2016), Barry Alldiss (1930-1982), Mike Lennox (1940-2020), Keith Skues (1939), Chris Denning (1941), Johnny Moran (c1943, last heard of 2007? -2022), [Pete Myers (1939-1998) - cropped out].

Front row (l to r): Pete Murray (1925), Ed Stewart (1941-2016), Pete Drummond (1943), Mike Raven (1924-1997), Mike Ahern (1942-2009) and John Peel (1939-2004)

Edited for Eesti's comment below.

Well, no time like the present to drag out that infamous pic of the launch of Radios 1 and 2 and see who has copped it.

1967-DJ-group-1_1476482i.jpg

Back row (l to r): Tony Blackburn (1943), Jimmy Young (1921), Kenny Everett (1944-1995), Duncan Johnson (1938), Programme Controller Robin Scott (1920-2000), David Ryder (?), Dave Cash (1942), Pete Brady (1942), David Symonds (1943). Middle row (l to r): Bob Holness (1928-2012), Terry Wogan (1938), Barry Alldiss (1930-1982), Mike Lennox (1940), Keith Skues (1939), Chris Denning (1941), Johnny Moran (c1943, last heard of 2007?), Pete Myers (1939-1998). Front row (l to r): Pete Murray (1925), Ed Stewart (1941-2016), Pete Drummond (1943), Mike Raven (1924-1997), Mike Ahern (1942-2009) and John Peel (1939-2004)

I see only 22 people on the picture. You count one person too much in the middle row.

You are right! Pete Myers was cropped out of the one above!

Here's another one - Pete Myers has the shades on. He was definitely there and the above post has been edited.

1radio1djs.jpg

Guest Guest

1967-DJ-group-1_1476482i.jpg

Back row (l to r): Tony Blackburn (1943), Jimmy Young (1921), Kenny Everett (1944-1995), Duncan Johnson (1938), Programme Controller Robin Scott (1920-2000), David Ryder (?), Dave Cash (1942), Pete Brady (1942), David Symonds (1943). Middle row (l to r): Bob Holness (1928-2012), Terry Wogan (1938), Barry Alldiss (1930-1982), Mike Lennox (1940), Keith Skues (1939), Chris Denning (1941), Johnny Moran (c1943, last heard of 2007?), [Pete Myers (1939-1998) - cropped out]. Front row (l to r): Pete Murray (1925), Ed Stewart (1941-2016), Pete Drummond (1943), Mike Raven (1924-1997), Mike Ahern (1942-2009) and John Peel (1939-2004)

Edited for Eesti's comment below.

thanks. I was going to look for that pic to see how many original radio one DJs had died .thanks for doing the work for me !

Guest Guest

who would have thought Ed Stewart and Terry Wogan would have gone before Jimmy Young or Pete Murray or Brian Matthew etc .The grim reaper does like to play tricks on us all !

BBC coverage of Ed Stewart's funeral.

Mike Read looks OK but Anita Harris is channeling her June Brown look.

WTF does Anita Harris do all day? Considering she's been an actress/singer/all round entertainer for years she's not exactly in heavy rotation anywhere I've seen or heard.

Obitable, for as long as she's worthy fo a mention, mind.

• Like 1

WTF does Anita Harris do all day? Considering she's been an actress/singer/all round entertainer for years she's not exactly in heavy rotation anywhere I've seen or heard.

Only time Anita is seen these days is near a coffin. She's the real world equivalent of Jessica Fletcher.

Only time Anita is seen these days is near a coffin. She's the real world equivalent of Jessica Fletcher.

I take it back, a fairly turgid career where she's claiming associations and 'starring' roles when other names were on the poster, but she's still working according to her website. Then again, the solo gigs are coming to non-event towns and the bigger gigs are "Good Old Days" stylee variety jaunts. Metaphorically speaking, she's already dead.

http://www.anita-harris.com/

I take it back, a fairly turgid career where she's claiming associations and 'starring' roles when other names were on the poster, but she's still working according to her website. Then again, the solo gigs are coming to non-event towns and the bigger gigs are "Good Old Days" stylee variety jaunts. Metaphorically speaking, she's already dead.

She is a bit like the female version of Kenny Lynch.

Couple of minor hits back in the day, rubs shoulders with Tarby and Brucie but 'what the fuck does he actually do?'

Couple of minor hits back in the day, rubs shoulders with Tarby and Brucie but 'what the fuck does he actually do?'

Skint, apparently

Skint, apparently

So, these words - apparently - apply to the now skint Anita Harris:

"After an enormously successful career that has spanned more than 50 years, the glamorous star might have imagined that later life would see her enjoying the fruits of her success..."

No offence, like, but Ian Brady was famous at the same time and he's still a household name!

We could, like, adopt her as the new Clive Dunn

• Like 1