Josco

The Probable Demise Of J Prescott (and New Labour)

Well well, altogether now.....

Bang Bang Maxwells croquet hammer came down upon his head. :P

• Like 1

It's ironic that he uses a might mallet for his hobby when he has anything but a might mallet for his secretary.

Goodbye to the lot of them - and here's to Gordon Brown having a heart attack, that will stuff them up.

David Milliband for next Labour leader, anyone?

I once interviewed him at a school and he got shouted at by a teacher who thought he was a sixth-former... :P

It's ironic that he uses a might mallet for his hobby when he has anything but a might mallet for his secretary.

Goodbye to the lot of them - and here's to Gordon Brown having a heart attack, that will stuff them up.

David Milliband for next Labour leader, anyone?

I once interviewed him at a school and he got shouted at by a teacher who thought he was a sixth-former... :lol:

I predict that John Reid the Home Secretary may stand against Gordon Brown when Blair goes. You read it here first (unless you also subscribe to E Politics)

Please Lord, let it be soon. I believe the only reason Bliar is hanging on is to ensure that things are completely f**ked up so that Brown will be out on his ear at the next election.

That'll teach him to argue about the bill at the Granita.

westminster gossip, fresh from someone who works there (and was burning my ear off last night). prescott is in danger from the sun - he's always shagged secretaries, but had a 2 year stint with the one before this - she's now being doorstepped by sun reporters waving £150k at her. she's standing firm (ooo-er) so far, but her neighbours are also being questioned, and they must have got the story from some source, so it may only be a matter of time.

tony has got a problem with getting rid of fatboy. if he sacks him as deputy pm he has to have an election within the party for a new deputy pm, which lays him open to stalking horses and challenges, etc. he could get round this by abolishing the post altogether (face it, it wasn't in use pre-new labour). but if he does this, then he loses the go-between he needs to communicate with brown. their relationship is so bad that eveything seems to be channelled through fatboy.

and then there's the fact that prescott is apparently well-known in westminster circles for dark mutterings about the secrets he has gathered over the years. he could take the whole lot down with him. which would be nice. but not what mr squeaky clean hide the skeletons (possibly) blair might want.

I believe that there is a chinese curse; 'may you live in interesting times'. This could prove very interesting. I can't wait.

So, just how much would you have to be paid to admit to the public that you did the nasty with the Walrus?

prescott is in danger from the sun - he's always shagged secretaries, but had a 2 year stint with the one before this - she's now being doorstepped by sun reporters waving £150k at her. she's standing firm (ooo-er) so far, but her neighbours are also being questioned, and they must have got the story from some source, so it may only be a matter of time..

So, just how much would you have to be paid to admit to the public that you did the nasty with the Walrus?

prescott is in danger from the sun - he's always shagged secretaries, but had a 2 year stint with the one before this - she's now being doorstepped by sun reporters waving £150k at her. she's standing firm (ooo-er) so far, but her neighbours are also being questioned, and they must have got the story from some source, so it may only be a matter of time..

£150,000/£2.30 per pint (Tetleys Best Bitter) dulls a lot of pain and drowns out the sounds of condemnation.

£150,000/£2.30 per pint (Tetleys Best Bitter) dulls a lot of pain and drowns out the sounds of condemnation.

A quick-and-dirty calculation shows that, disregarding future inflation, that amount could keep one drunk for several years. Do it well, and you might not even live to spend it all.

regards,

Hein

A quick-and-dirty calculation shows that, disregarding future inflation, that amount could keep one drunk for several years. Do it well, and you might not even live to spend it all.

regards,

Hein

OK then, call The Sun now.

It was me!!

regards,

Hein

I'd shag Prescott for 150,000 quid.

Does anyone bid less?

regards,

Hein

Does anyone bid less?

Nope, you can have him :lol:

I believe that there is a chinese curse; 'may you live in interesting times'. This could prove very interesting. I can't wait.
Agreed. It's a particularly good curse too, as people often think it's a compliment. Much looking forward to the finding of as many skeletons as possible.

For £150k, I'd happily admit to all sorts of Prescott related filth, just don't expect me to perform grainy re-enactments for the camera with a Prescott double (for that extra touch of authenticity) unless I get a fair bit more than £150k. What a job that would be, a Prescott double; that's pretty much a quadruple by normal standards.

tony has got a problem with getting rid of fatboy. if he sacks him as deputy pm he has to have an election within the party for a new deputy pm, which lays him open to stalking horses and challenges, etc. he could get round this by abolishing the post altogether (face it, it wasn't in use pre-new labour).

I'm probably wrong Pulphack, but wasn't Roy Hattersley a deputy PM, or shadow deputy PM? Nothing new labour about the dribbling fatso talented public servant that I can recall! :lol:

Agreed. It's a particularly good curse too, as people often think it's a compliment. Much looking forward to the finding of as many skeletons as possible.

For £150k, I'd happily admit to all sorts of Prescott related filth, just don't expect me to perform grainy re-enactments for the camera with a Prescott double (for that extra touch of authenticity) unless I get a fair bit more than £150k. What a job that would be, a Prescott double; that's pretty much a quadruple by normal standards.

tony has got a problem with getting rid of fatboy. if he sacks him as deputy pm he has to have an election within the party for a new deputy pm, which lays him open to stalking horses and challenges, etc. he could get round this by abolishing the post altogether (face it, it wasn't in use pre-new labour).

I'm probably wrong Pulphack, but wasn't Roy Hattersley a deputy PM, or shadow deputy PM? Nothing new labour about the dribbling fatso talented public servant that I can recall! :lol:

Hattersley's dad was a Catholic priest, if I remember correctly.

Did anyone else see the edition of "Have I Got News for You" when Hattersley was supposed to be on the panel but didn't turn up and his place was taken by a tub of lard?

I have it on vido along with the Paula Yates one (which is crap). The tub of lard did about as well as Hattersley might have been expected to do.

Does anyone bid less?

Rather not, but I wouldn't hesitate to lie about it for 150 k£. I'd even fake the photo's.

regards,

Hein

Does anyone bid less?

I'll do it for £10,000. Seeing as it looks like my house sale has fallen through I'm a bit desperate.

Oh, and Roy Hattersley is actually a nice bloke. Very polite and friendly and not at all stand-offish.

Is :lol: a new smiley btw? Don't think I've see it before...

Heard an interesting snippet of gossip this weekend, whose veracity I cannot confirm, but is fun all the same. It concerns a very senior member of the cabinet and a penchant for cross dressing. Do any DL'ers have any similar information?

The political furtune of John Prescott is on the decline again today. If he hangs on much longer then the political future of New Labour will decline all the faster. Cut to the chase if while Tony is on holiday and JP is sidelined by both Brown and Reid during the last (airline bomb plots) two days, then it looks very much like the old Geoffrey Howe quote about being in power but being powerless is ringing true once again.

Come on JP give it up & let someone else have a go. And all the less stress may let you live longer.

Heard an interesting snippet of gossip this weekend, whose veracity I cannot confirm, but is fun all the same. It concerns a very senior member of the cabinet and a penchant for cross dressing. Do any DL'ers have any similar information?

I know someone who likes to cross-dress, yes. :lol: Unfortunately they're not famous. :angry:

• Haha 1

Re the cross-dresser in the cabinet....'no.' For some strange reason inside gossip from Westminster seldom makes it to West Cumbrian ears.

Thought Prescott - full on fatso that he is - looked unaccountably hilarious trying to convince everyone he had some gravitas whilst making his statement today.

Heard an interesting snippet of gossip this weekend, whose veracity I cannot confirm, but is fun all the same. It concerns a very senior member of the cabinet and a penchant for cross dressing.

Has Margaret Beckett been caught wearing trousers again?

Beckett masquerades as a human, I've seen her filmed walking from one room to another and when she gets caught in the right light she resembles nothing more than the classic alien 'grey.'

Best quote from Prescott ever!!

"LONDON, England -- Tony Blair's deputy John Prescott denied Thursday a report he called U.S. President George W. Bush "crap" and "a cowboy."

Full report here

You know what, the more you read those words, the more you can just hear Prescott flat Yorkshire tones saying them.

• Like 1