Tempus Fugit

Oliver Postgate

Peter Firmin is to become a Freeman of the City of Canterbury tonight.

From the interview just broadcast on the local news, I'd give him a good few years yet (though given my performances on this years deadpools, don't be surprised if he were to keel over during the ceremony).

I met Firmin a few months ago on account of a mutual interest in Clangers etc and he's just fine. Not a DL candidate for many years, I'd say.

Good to see Peter's dusting off the Clangers for a new series; as long as they don't speak with a, like, American accent. I didn't realise Smallfilms is based in north Canterbury - I'll have to make the pilgrimage.

Peter Firmin is to become a Freeman of the City of Canterbury tonight.

From the interview just broadcast on the local news, I'd give him a good few years yet (though given my performances on this years deadpools, don't be surprised if he were to keel over during the ceremony).

I met Firmin a few months ago on account of a mutual interest in Clangers etc and he's just fine. Not a DL candidate for many years, I'd say.

Good to see Peter's dusting off the Clangers for a new series; as long as they don't speak with a, like, American accent. I didn't realise Smallfilms is based in north Canterbury - I'll have to make the pilgrimage.

This sounds like it will be faithful to the spirit of the old series but it must retain the sheer poetry of the language used and the 'jerky' charm that the original holds in our hearts. Loved the bits about swearing in the article.

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2011 at 16:21, Godot said:

So Godot was right. Almost 7 years later, Peter Firmin is dead. https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/01/bagpuss-clangers-co-creator-peter-firmin-dies-age-89-7674344/

• Sad 1

Unique for my BBC Heaven theme team, which gets them off the mark.

Shame. A creator of icons in his era.

• Like 2