Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

Bulent Ecevit

Bulent Ecevit

Ex-Turkish PM, who had been ill before. Recovered, and until yesterday, was doing well.

Not Any Longer

I'm not sure he'll make it to 2007 & it may be between him & Suharto for which world leader will die first, but surely worth a consideration, especially as this story has been covered by the BBC.

• Like 1

Bulent Ecevit

Ex-Turkish PM, who had been ill before. Recovered, and until yesterday, was doing well.

Not Any Longer

I'm not sure he'll make it to 2007 & it may be between him & Suharto for which world leader will die first, but surely worth a consideration, especially as this story has been covered by the BBC.

Given as how he is 80 years of age this is clearly a matter of concern. Perhaps as others have in the past Ecevit will pull through and surprise us all. Wouldn't that be divine?

Given as how he is 80 years of age this is clearly a matter of concern. Perhaps as others have in the past Ecevit will pull through and surprise us all. Wouldn't that be divine?

Umm.. no, not really.

Bulent Ecevit

Not Any Longer

What superb timing, seeing as how May 22 is the renewal of my rotten deadpool. There's a chance he could turn into a Sharon and linger for a while though, isn't there?

Still hoping for a third hit before the 22nd though...

What superb timing, seeing as how May 22 is the renewal of my rotten deadpool. There's a chance he could turn into a Sharon and linger for a while though, isn't there?

Still hoping for a third hit before the 22nd though...

I would like to support you in this endeavor; however, I really cannot since I feel Mr.Ecevit still has many more laps to run before he declines to the point of lifely termination. If I am wrong, then I will convey congratulatory wishes towards you C.P.

To start this thread off no change in Bulent Ecevit's condition, which means he is still in a life-threatening coma.

I don't think we need to post every time a "no change" article pops up, but I thought we should have a place to discuss him, especially since Art Buchwald got one. Mods, could one of you kindly move the bits and pieces of our discussion on the gentleman from the Ideas and Possibilities thread? ;)

Additionaly, I'm quite concerned that OoO has not posted in the last few minutes and, quite frankly, I'm worried. Where has he gone? Has he died? A terrible accident? Was he so distraught over Billy Preston's death that he offed himself? Did he succumb to the curse of 6/6/6? Is he in the hospital? Did he go to Maryport? OH GOD! WHERE IS OoO????

:blink:

Guest Octopus of Odstock's Well-Wi
Additionaly, I'm quite concerned that OoO has not posted in the last few minutes and, quite frankly, I'm worried. Where has he gone? Has he died? A terrible accident? Was he so distraught over Billy Preston's death that he offed himself? Did he succumb to the curse of 6/6/6? Is he in the hospital? Did he go to Maryport? OH GOD! WHERE IS OoO????

:blink:

OOO is so traumatised over Ecevit's welfare, that he has been taken ill & will not be able to post again until at least, Sunday 11th June. One can only hope he recovers from his life-threatning sore throat. Your prayers are appreciated at this difficult time.

OOO is so traumatised over Ecevit's welfare, that he has been taken ill & will not be able to post again until at least, Sunday 11th June. One can only hope he recovers from his life-threatning sore throat. Your prayers are appreciated at this difficult time.
I refer you all to this <{POST_SNAPBACK}> post in the 'Where has Tempus Gone?' thread.

Also, I'm on holiday at the end of May, so don't worry if I go missing for over a week - not that anyone would notice.

Well Mr OoO, wrong on both counts! :lol: A combination of collectively failing to remember that you were on holiday, combined with a thread renamed in honour of you going MIA.

Just to let you all know, I'm on holiday for a fortnight from 25th June onwards. Not because I think I'd be missed anyway, but unfortunately for you all I'm not going anywhere other than my sofa. So, I'll be at home watching the knockout stages of the World Cup, and posting on here even more often. That's why I warned you, it's only fair. :P

Ecevit Dead

Well, at least that clears one place off my DDP top 20 to fit a soon-to-be-hanged Iraqi in.

ff will get a fair few CPDP points, I had Ecevit in my RDP team so that's a small consolation.

Ecevit Dead

Well, at least that clears one place off my DDP top 20 to fit a soon-to-be-hanged Iraqi in.

ff will get a fair few CPDP points, I had Ecevit in my RDP team so that's a small consolation.

Indeed, another RDP hit is always welcome, even if he's not in any of my other pools. CPDP points are of course forthcoming, but I'll be getting to that thread in a few moments.

Indeed, another RDP hit is always welcome, even if he's not in any of my other pools. CPDP points are of course forthcoming, but I'll be getting to that thread in a few moments.

And, notably, level in scores with myself & Rotten Ali.

How he must despair at doing all that number crunching & still being level with the likes of you & me, CP. :rolleyes:

Kemal Dervis, Minister for Economic Affairs under Ecevit, reportedly dead aged 74: https://www-gazeteduvar-com-tr.translate.goog/kemal-dervis-hayatini-kaybetti-haber-1617147?_x_tr_sl=tr&amp;_x_tr_tl=en&amp;_x_tr_hl=en&amp;_x_tr_pto=sc&amp;_x_tr_hist=true

Quite the career with the World Bank and the UN Development Programme.

• Like 2