maryportfuncity

Deadio Times

Pretty sure Simon MacCorkingdale and Gareth Hunt both died the same week their final TV appearances aired.

Tommy Cooper certainly did

• Like 12

Pretty sure Simon MacCorkingdale and Gareth Hunt both died the same week their final TV appearances aired.

Tommy Cooper certainly did

Dustin Gee also was on TV in the week of his death.

However I only really mention this because the link to Tommy Cooper is that the night Tommy Cooper died it was Les Dennis and Dustin Gee (as the next billed act) who had to come on and perform in front of the curtain whilst people tried unsuccessfully to revive Cooper behind the curtain.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 09:28, DevonDeathTrip said:

BBC Radio Derby presenter Andy Potter has terminal cancer, currently affecting his bowel, liver and kidneys:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-38750773

Dead: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/bbc-radio-derby-presenter-andy-potter-has-died-one-month-after-terminal-cancer-diagnosis/story-30164661-detail/story.html

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Ah bugger, had him down as a cert for my DL Cup squad, his Facebook page had been silent for over a week.

I suppose the Potter will be spinning in his grave from now...  :tomatododge:

On 3/8/2016 at 13:18, gcreptile said:

Conservative radio talk show host Matt Patrick suffers from stage 4 esophageal cancer:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/03/08/exclusive-conservative-texas-talk-show-host-battles-cancer-with-help-from-god-and-listeners/

Obama strikes again!

On 3/8/2016 at 19:32, Sir Creep said:

actually was announced Sept last year. Wonder what's been going on....granted I can prolly turn on his radio show and find out seeing as I'm only 200 miles from the Houston market, but then I'd have to listen to his bullshit.

SC

Dead.  I so highly doubted his chance to obit I left him alone.  I suspect GCReptile felt the same.  Guess we will see.

SC

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Dead.  I so highly doubted his chance to obit I left him alone.  I suspect GCReptile felt the same.  Guess we will see.

SC

Certainly left him off my shortlist on QO issues.

Well, I forgot all about him...

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 13:17, Spade_Cooley said:

Bringing this thread back to its intended purpose of where we can watch key deathlist figures in action on the box, Sikh funster Jagraj Singh will be hosting a fundraising event on Sikh Channel this Sunday at 7.30pm. As you undoubtedly know, that's channel 829 on your Sky box.

Reportedly dead. https://www.facebook.com/Everythings13.BasicsofSikhi/posts/1493047317399997

Time to decide what will happen to DDP 2017.

A game changer barrage, this week! And it didn't even go through Sunny Hundal. Well done to Spade.

Will still be interesting to see if he gets the more proper obit in due course. If he doesn't, it is perhaps fitting that Spade sneaks in a hit under one of the last loopholes of sorts the DDP still has, all those years after Millwall.

• Like 3

That is an obit??? Still no year of birth...

Edit: Though I realize now that the rules say that the death announcements count. Hmm, that's almost like that Michel Delpech "obit" in the Guardian last year.

12 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

That is an obit??? Still no year of birth...

He was born in 1979, per the obit posted by Sunny Hundal on his Facebook page

• Thanks 1

Rick Shaw, (born Jim Hummel), credited with introducing South Florida to the Beatles, died Friday morning at 78. 

It was a Saturday afternoon in 1964. He played "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and about a minute into the song the phones at the WQAM 560AM studio just wouldn't stop ringing. He would play that song for decades.  He retired in 2007.  
SC

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Rick Shaw, (born Jim Hummel), credited with introducing South Florida to the Beatles, died Friday morning at 78. 

It was a Saturday afternoon in 1964. He played "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and about a minute into the song the phones at the WQAM 560AM studio just wouldn't stop ringing. He would play that song for decades.  He retired in 2007.  
SC

I see. So for South Florida, he was the Beatles' .... rickshaw.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I see. So for South Florida, he was the Beatles' .... rickshaw.

For radio listeners who were subjected to the Beatles, he was their Miami vice.

Helen Borgers, the legendary DJ on KKJZ (K-Jazz) for 38 years, dies Sunday after complications from surgery. She was 60.

She was laid off in late June. Shortly after, she underwent surgery and was hospitalized at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.
SC

9 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Dead at 76.

Thank heavens for that.  3rd hit of year over 2 teams, but first with QO.