maryportfuncity

Deadio Times

Carol?

He'll last till Christmas.

Sadly, the article is hidden for a European like me, but msc's DDP pick and my deathrace disappointment Mike Pintek has taken a leave of absence from his radio show.

11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Sadly, the article is hidden for a European like me, but msc's DDP pick and my deathrace disappointment Mike Pintek has taken a leave of absence from his radio show.

"Health concerns" (I looked up a cached version).

"At this point, I need to take some time and really focus on my health," says Pintek, in a news release. "I know a number of listeners have reached out to the station to get an update on my condition since I haven't been on the air for a few weeks. I want everyone to know how much I appreciate all your prayers, kind words, encouragement and support."

The station reports that recently Pintek's cancer treatment was interrupted when he suffered a stroke, but doctors are optimistic he will return to the planned course of chemotherapy.

On 30/07/2018 at 06:18, msc said:
On 29/07/2018 at 19:11, gcreptile said:

"Health concerns" (I looked up a cached version).

"At this point, I need to take some time and really focus on my health," says Pintek, in a news release. "I know a number of listeners have reached out to the station to get an update on my condition since I haven't been on the air for a few weeks. I want everyone to know how much I appreciate all your prayers, kind words, encouragement and support."

The station reports that recently Pintek's cancer treatment was interrupted when he suffered a stroke, but doctors are optimistic he will return to the planned course of chemotherapy.

Mike Pintek just took a permanent leave of absence.
SC

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Mike Pintek just took a permanent leave of absence.
SC

He's really going to put your "only living folk cant QO" to the test for some pools.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msc said:

He's really going to put your "only living folk cant QO" to the test for some pools.

HAHA that's not how it goes LOL  but he's the Richard Haag of the radio industry for sure :)

Terry Moore, who had a six decade career in radio, most notably throughout British Columbia, and who appeared in the Genie award-winning film 'My American Cousin', has died.  He was 82.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news/terry-moore-a-b-c-broadcaster-for-decades-dies-after-cancer-fight/wcm/54190bfa-b338-4af1-af0d-2a4d25a3737e

Originally started this thread so's we could tip each other when useful dead pooling content was scheduled on various media

Tonight's Panorama - 8-30 BBC 1 UK - is about how plastics on the ocean will do for the whole planet, or summat

Likely a cheerful little interlude in our hard working weeks, then

22 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Chris Felcyn, a decades-long Detroit radio personality, had died.  He was  67.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/obituary/2018/09/30/chris-felcyn-detroit-radio-host-dies-67/1480426002/

I wanted to share the comments from a local Detroit drummer who is an old friend and who plays in my local DP.

"This was such sudden and sad news. I received a message of his death from a good friend at WRCJ within the day of his passing. He really did a lot to support the local talent here in Detroit, doing something that no one in the Detroit radio market would dare do is to play the music of local artist and add them to his daily broadcast mix as if it was mainstream. To Chris Felcyn, no matter how ameture or small scale pro, all was inclusive to the in the Detroit Music scene. He will be truly missed by all."

• Like 1

Can't see anybody posting re Mark Radcliffe off the air for treatments for a couple of early stage cancers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45741230

This one hits close to home.  Very sad for us Detroiters.

A longtime fixture of Detroit radio has passed away. Mike Clark, who was one half of the WRIF ‘Drew and Mike’ morning show died overnight.

His longtime radio partner Drew Lane confirmed his passing. The duo's last show on WRIF was in 2013.

Drew and Mike began a podcast in 2016, but Mike began appearing with less frequency shortly after they began due to health problems.

They were ‘comedic’ in the Stern sense of the word minus the assholism.  They were pretty funny guys, and the podcast was ok too.

RIP

SC

19 hours ago, ebless said:

Gavin Ford, British radio presenter in Lebanon found 'murdered' in his home. 

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2018/11/british-radio-presenter-gavin-ford-found-dead/

From morning show to mourning show, then

I'll get me coat!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^ Another lock bites the dust.

On 07/08/2018 at 17:02, Spade_Cooley said:

BBC Radio Shropshire drivetime host Vicki Archer dies suddenly at 41. Was still tweeting 24 hours ago.

Suicide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-46453175