Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

I did Hard Rock Calling a few years ago when Neil Young headlined, tbh I like that venue if only because transport in and out by way of trains/underground and the rest is fairly easy. Wasn't too quiet when Neil Young played and the support included Seasick Steve (brilliant) and the Fleet Foxes (incredible harmonies, great songs). Neil Young - of course - was well worth the effort and ticket price.

• Like 1

Well of course they closed the tube stations, so transport convenience went out of the window in that respect. Why the hell do they do that! Seems to create more problems than it avoids. Not that it mattered to us because we were headed for Paddington and didn't need the tube at all, so as far as we were concerned, yes it's convenient. They did try and stop us getting there though! Instead of opening up all the exits, they forced everyone out on to Park Lane and away from Marble Arch, refusing to entertain the possibility that not everyone wanted to get to MA tube station. Thought it was very badly handled indeed, especially as in the circs the mood might have turned ugly.

I think they have had to reduce the volume level in recent years (and they certainly turned it down further towards the end of the gig). I couldn't see the stage at all and could barely see the video screens because they were too small and too low, and we weren't as far back as a lot of people. Mind you, if I'd had my way we'd have got there much earlier than we did and been considerably closer.

What I will say is that they did a fantastic job staging the event at all, considering the state of the ground a few days before. Squillions of tons of woodchips laid over the mud and it was dry enough to sit down. You do have to wonder why no steps were taken to protect the ground before Wireless the weekend before though.

I saw Frankie Boyle at the Colston Hall on Wednesday, absolutely fucking hilarious and maximumly offensive. Did a hilarious piece about Michael Jackson opening a children's hospital. You had to be there.

I saw Frankie Boyle at the Colston Hall on Wednesday, absolutely fucking hilarious and maximumly offensive. Did a hilarious piece about Michael Jackson opening a children's hospital. You had to be there.

I saw him twice, first time was at Stockport Plaza in 2007 and he was brilliant, but the following year at the Lowry he basically re-used all the same jokes, and also had the audacity to ban people from using the bog during his set! I used to like him but now he just basically relies entirely on crudity and shock value, gets dull after a bit I find :(

I saw him twice, first time was at Stockport Plaza in 2007 and he was brilliant, but the following year at the Lowry he basically re-used all the same jokes, and also had the audacity to ban people from using the bog during his set! I used to like him but now he just basically relies entirely on crudity and shock value, gets dull after a bit I find :(

We saw him first in 2010, and I laughed my tits off that time as well, but this time, apart from one line about Lembit Opik, it was all stuff I'd never heard before. Obviously someone of my delicate and innocent nature should probably be wary of going to see him! The warm-up act both times was Craig Campbell, a Canadian guy who initially I thought would be crap because he's nearly a Yank, but he's actually jolly funny too.

Good call for Craig Campbell Lardy, I saw him opening for the (equally offensive as Boyle) Gerry Sadowitz, and thought him pretty good.

Good call for Craig Campbell Lardy, I saw him opening for the (equally offensive as Boyle) Gerry Sadowitz, and thought him pretty good.

Hasn't Boyle just basically become a poor man's Sadowitz?

I have heard of Sadowitz, but not sampled his wares - perhaps I should!

I have heard of Sadowitz, but not sampled his wares - perhaps I should!

He doesn't play too many shows nowadays, and footage of him is quite hard to come across. There was a VHS of one of his live shows from the late 80s I think, not sure if it was released on DVD tho

Blimey, has no one posted in here for six months? Anyway ....

I went to Heaven last night

(it's fun saying that to people)

It was a gig, not a gay club night. Saw Hurts - they are a bit pretentious but I like them when in that sort of mood. I only came upon a ticket by chance as it was an instant sell-out. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well I had to take my 15 year old daughter and 16 year old niece to the LG Arena in Birmingham on Friday night (yes, the coldest, snowiest night of the fucking year) so they could see One Direction. I, of course, was not attending the show, but for anyone here that might be a fan, this is my daughter's review.

'OH MY GOD MUM, IT WAS LIKE, OH MY GOD, I JUST CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU, I CAN'T EVEN TALK, IT WAS AMAZING'.

She'll be working for Q Magazine before you know it.

• Like 3

Greatly enjoyed The Stranglers supported by The Godfathers last Thursday. Dead poolers should note Jet Black - in his seventies - didn't do the whole set, but did enough to suggest he's not a worthy pick anytime soon. Surprisingly lively and forward looking gig. I'll be checking them out again if I get the chance.

Greatly enjoyed The Stranglers supported by The Godfathers last Thursday. Dead poolers should note Jet Black - in his seventies - didn't do the whole set, but did enough to suggest he's not a worthy pick anytime soon. Surprisingly lively and forward looking gig. I'll be checking them out again if I get the chance.

I'm assuming Hugh Cornwell isn't in the current line up? Last Monday, I went to a pre-screening of I Superbiker, in Bath, only about 150 people there, mostly corporate biking wankers and a few local sporting celebs, and apparently Hugh Cornwell was sat a couple of rows in front of me.....I didn't recognise him.......

Cornwell and the band parted company in 2000, it's basically the other three originals, new singer, additional keyboardist and additional (younger) drummer who does most of the set and allows Jet to take his seat with about 30 mins to go.

To quote the late great Dan Maskell.

You are as cool as a cucumber.

Saw The Ammonites last night at The Neptune in Hove. As always, brilliant. They generally start the second half with this:

Springsteen at Wembley last night. Absolutely Fucking Awesome. That is all.

Just received the tickets to see 'The Killers' down at London Town, this Saturday 22/06, apparently it's to be held in't Village Hall, known locally as Wembley Stadium.

I'll let thee know how thee gets on, should be a small affair!

Just received the tickets to see 'The Killers' down at London Town, this Saturday 22/06, apparently it's to be held in't Village Hall, known locally as Wembley Stadium.

Hmmm..they used to be good, but then they went all shit and gay. But horses for courses and all that.

Having said that, I'm probably in no place to comment, as I'm going to see Robbie Williams again in a couple of weeks, for the 5th time I think (once with Take That). I think he is top of my gig-going list now (confirming the fact that I'm a middle aged old hag), followed by Guns N Roses (3), Skid Row (3), Iron Maiden (2), Metallica (2), Red Hot Chili Peppers (2), and loads of other shit (1).

Do report back PP - and sneak some sandwiches in your pants to avoid the manky stadium Weener Dogs!

• Like 1

Neil Young was predictably awesome at the O2 on Monday. Not that many 67 year olds could knock out a performance well over two solid hours and get a decent response by playing half of their most recent album. Clean living - i.e. weed free and largely booze free on the orders of his doctors - appears to greatly suit him. Not likely to feature on any of my teams next year.

Springsteen at Wembley Coventry last night. Absolutely Fucking Awesome. That is all.

Hmmm..they used to be good, but then they went all shit and gay. But horses for courses and all that.

Having said that, I'm probably in no place to comment, as I'm going to see Robbie Williams again in a couple of weeks, for the 5th time I think (once with Take That). I think he is top of my gig-going list now (confirming the fact that I'm a middle aged old hag), followed by Guns N Roses (3), Skid Row (3), Iron Maiden (2), Metallica (2), Red Hot Chili Peppers (2), and loads of other shit (1).

Do report back PP - and sneak some sandwiches in your pants to avoid the manky stadium Weener Dogs!

Wow!! From Take That to Iron Maiden, what the hell happened there?

The Killers gig was actually the very very good, from what I can remember of it, I had one too many of the £5.00 Carlsberg's, but I am known for being a real light weight drinker and still had some change from £20.00!

The highlight was 'The Wembley Song' especially penned for the occasion.

Link below: worth 5 minutes of anybody's time!

Glad you had a good time - I am designated driver so can bypass the overpriced alcohol, and will just need to make sure I have three litres of Red Bull for the drive home!

Booked for Yes next year (assuming they all live that long) playing three classic album Yes Album, Close to the Edge and Going for the One.

NOT famous caners, but if one of them looks endangered; I'll let yers know.