Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

Booked for Yes next year (assuming they all live that long) playing three classic album Yes Album, Close to the Edge and Going for the One.

NOT famous caners, but if one of them looks endangered; I'll let yers know.

What's the likely line-up?

• Like 1

Booked for Yes next year (assuming they all live that long) playing three classic album Yes Album, Close to the Edge and Going for the One.

Chris Squire - only person in every Yes line up

Steve Howe

Alan White

Geoff Downes

and someone or other from a tribute band who isn't Jon Anderson

Anderson - incidentally - is reportedly going deaf

Chris Squire - only person in every Yes line up

Steve Howe

Alan White

Geoff Downes

and someone or other from a tribute band who isn't Jon Anderson

Anderson - incidentally - is reportedly going deaf

Saw Yes in 1980 at Birmingham Odeon; same line-up except Trevor Horn on vocals. This was just after Anderson & Wakeman had left.

We weren't quite sure if it'd be any good without them but Horn managed to carry off the vocals admirably, and a thoroughly enjoyable evening was had.

Well, this is my first Yes gig (in the company of a mate who loves them) and done mainly on the basis that if we don't do it now we'll miss out forever. Same mate dragged me to Anderson and Wakeman a while back where I got to meet the truly admirable, affable generally decent bloke that is Rick Wakeman. It'll be a really sad day if I live long enough to start speculating on the likely dead pool points he'd offer.

Saw Robbie Williams at Wembley last night. I know he's not to everyone's taste, but he gave a cracking show, back to his entertaining best. The last time I saw him (excluding the Take That reunion two years ago) he was crap, drugged up and not interested, but this time he was fantastic, funny, played a good selection and looked like he was enjoying himself (which at 80 quid a ticket I'm sure he was). Olly Murs supported, and whilst I'm not really a fan he was also very good and can actually sing.

You will be pleased to know I did not soil myself, although I do have bowels from hell this morning due to mass consumption of Red Bull on the way home to keep me awake - rolled in at 3 and now have to take the eldest for day surgery in a couple of hours - my day is not going to end on a high.

• Like 1

Good for you Lardy, I'm not a fan but if someone wanted to treat me to a Robbie gig I certainly wouldn't say no.

Have to own up to having seen Springsteen for the third time in two weeks :ph34r:

He was playing that naff Hard Rock Calling again, out on some building site at the half-dismantled Olympic Park. Last year's events led to a backlash against HRC and this gig did not sell well at all. Mainly because the twats put all their eggs in the Rolling Stones basket, were then dumped for a better offer and hadn't arranged any backup. Booking the same headliner (who is in the middle of a sellout stadium tour) 2 years running, is perhaps not ideal :rolleyes: but clearly they were desperate.

Anyway I sauntered over there about 6 pm and bought a ticket outside for £20 :evil2: So after 3 shows I have heard about 90 songs, including more than 60 different ones, and 3 albums played in full. Excellent stuff. Been down the front every time too.

Going to see him in Cardiff too

Rolling Stones on Saturday! :)

• Like 1

Went to see Richie Ramone last Friday, one of the best gigs I've been to for a while. Paid $15 at the door, he was on stage for about an hour & half performing stuff off his solo album plus a load of Ramones songs from the 3 albums he did with them. At the end of the show he came over to the merchandise table to sign autographs, so I got a CD, LP and tour poster signed.

The only disappointing thing was that there were probably about 50 people including the opening band and bar staff there at the gig. But nevertheless, I enjoyed myself.

1509737_10152214844326418_2055456963_n.jpg

Gannin' to see The Stranglers this week, I'll let yers all know. Pretty damn good last time we saw them and myself and my gig posse (basically two others who like loud bands and a few ales), adopted The Stranglers on the back of the last gig cos they were great, and our usual band of choice - Motorhead - were compromised by Lemmy's ongoing health problems.

• Like 1

How many of the original Strangers are left?

Hugh Cornwall left years ago and Jet Black is getting on a bit...

Jean Jacques and Dave Greenfield are there, new singer (though he's been there years) and new drummer (but last time we saw them Jet came on to join on another kit for the final 20 mins).

Jean Jacques and Dave Greenfield are there, new singer (though he's been there years) and new drummer (but last time we saw them Jet came on to join on another kit for the final 20 mins).

Great gig (second date on a lengthy tour) and NO SIGN OF 75 YEAR OLD JET BLACK. It's been stated by Jean Jacques that when Jet can't do it anymore The Strangers are over.

Be a bit pissed off if that's the case, was a really good gig last Friday.

Just saw The Stranglers at Newcastle O2 Academy, fantastic gig but no sign of Jet Black.

Nine Below Zero were great too.

Saw Russell Howard at the LG Arena in Birmingham last night, very funny indeed and would certainly go again.

Just saw The Stranglers at Newcastle O2 Academy, fantastic gig but no sign of Jet Black.

Nine Below Zero were great too.

So, The Stranglers, may just be DLers band of choice.

Nice!

Will anyone be trying to get tickets for the Kate Bush gigs?

I was thinking about it but a colleague agreed we should only do it if we can have a time machine and go back and see the 1979 tour.

Can she still sing Wuthering Heights?

I am enjoying the news coverage but a tiny part of me is fearful that if I went I would be disappointed. I probably wouldn't be able to get tickets anyway.

I went to see The Selecter last night. 35th Anniversary tour :wheelchair:

Pauline and Gaps in tremendously good nick. Skankin' good evening.

• Like 1

Went to see Lee Mack at the Colston Hall in Bristol last night. His warm up Mike Gunn was very amusing, Lee Mack himself was all right, I didn't come out with an aching jaw like after seeing Frankie Boyle, mind. One of the funniest things was that the Colston Hall has a poster up in the foyer advertising Joan Rivers on 12 October. I fear they shall be a tad disappointed.

• Like 1

Went to see Lee Mack at the Colston Hall in Bristol last night. His warm up Mike Gunn was very amusing, Lee Mack himself was all right, I didn't come out with an aching jaw like after seeing Frankie Boyle, mind. One of the funniest things was that the Colston Hall has a poster up in the foyer advertising Joan Rivers on 12 October. I fear they shall be a tad disappointed.

They'll have health and safety down on them pretty quick if Rivers shows up (though, oddly, I'd say Rivers would find that scenario very funny).

Meant to mention, saw Hawkind a couple of weeks ago. 70 summat Dave Brock more pacing himself these days, but still a damn good show.

Went to see the Nick Lowe Quality Holiday Revue with Los Straitjackets in Minneapolis last night. It was a slightly sombre evening as Ian McLagan was meant to open the show. A few hours before the show started, his keyboard and other equipment arrived. Also his rider (a 6-pack of Guiness) was in the fridge backstage. Nick took one can with him, a few of the guys from Los Straitjackets also took one each, we opened another to drink a toast in memory of Ian. The remaining can we left in the dressing room.

T'was a fun night for all.

I could have put this in the Video Vault thread, but this seems a more appropriate place for it.

I went to see Foo Fighters in Sunderland a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely immense, Dave Grohl was simply fantastic. He had us in the palm of his hand for the entire 2 1/2 hours, Taylor Hawkins is possibly the craziest drummer I think I've ever seen. The Kaiser Chiefs were supporting them too, which was a bonus because I'm a horrible Leeds lad aswell. They were fantastic, but were blown out of the water by Grohl and co.

I went to see Foo Fighters in Sunderland a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely immense, Dave Grohl was simply fantastic. He had us in the palm of his hand for the entire 2 1/2 hours, Taylor Hawkins is possibly the craziest drummer I think I've ever seen. The Kaiser Chiefs were supporting them too, which was a bonus because I'm a horrible Leeds lad aswell. They were fantastic, but were blown out of the water by Grohl and co.

The new stuff by The Kaiser Chiefs hasn't really appealed to me. Ever since their original drummer (and main songwriter) left, the new material seems to fall flat.

I'm seeing them at Wembley next week, and I am literally PISSING MY PANTS WITH EXCITEMENT. Royal Blood and Iggy Pop are supporting, this FILLS ME WITH JOY. I have seen the Foo Fighters twice before, and both times I had to sit in a pile of my own urine all the way home. I would totally let Dave Grohl ruin me.

• Like 1