Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

On 19/10/2017 at 00:26, Toast said:

Just back from seeing The Pretenders.  Cracking gig.  Chrissie can still belt them out.

Spotted this under another article:

The Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde is unrepentant about storming off stage in Dubai last month, when she reportedly told fans: ‘Stick your phones up your ass.’

Now, she says: ‘When I see someone on their phone at a rock show I think it’s further confirmation that cool is dead. It’s like a compulsion. It’s like smoking. Phones are the new cigarettes.’

Hynde, 66, adds: ‘It’s a hideous distraction . . . I’ll stop in the middle of a song and say: “Lady, put your phone down.” I find it quite demoralising. I’m up there trying to do my thing, I can’t work out why they’re on their phones.’

She was certainly forthright about this at the gig I was at - told a couple of people off mid-song.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toast said:

Spotted this under another article:

She was certainly forthright about this at the gig I was at - told a couple of people off mid-song.

Is she another fekin diva? We (me and Mrs Bearer) went to see Cher in Vegas a number of years ago. Bitch told her doormen to confiscate all cameras and phones. We paid to see her and we should be allowed to take photos as a keepsake. A couple of days later, we went to see Barry Manilow (there goes the street cred), we were allowed to take cameras and phones in. When he saw someone about to take a photo, he would pose. As he said, " you put me where I am, thank you, take as many photos as you want". 

Chrissie should think about that. 

• Like 3

Not the point.  It becomes increasingly hard to see the artist you've come to see because of the forest of arms and hands holding up fucking phones.

• Like 2

On 13/11/2017 at 23:16, Paul Bearer said:

Is she another fekin diva? We (me and Mrs Bearer) went to see Cher in Vegas a number of years ago. Bitch told her doormen to confiscate all cameras and phones. We paid to see her and we should be allowed to take photos as a keepsake. A couple of days later, we went to see Barry Manilow (there goes the street cred), we were allowed to take cameras and phones in. When he saw someone about to take a photo, he would pose. As he said, " you put me where I am, thank you, take as many photos as you want". 

Chrissie should think about that. 

She’s just a mardy cunt, always has been. On a more positive note just come back from Jerry Sadowitz, remains the funniest comedian I’ve ever seen got plenty of mileage from the Hollywood sex scandal, naturally 

9 hours ago, JR976evil said:

She’s just a mardy cunt, always has been. On a more positive note just come back from Jerry Sadowitz, remains the funniest comedian I’ve ever seen got plenty of mileage from the Hollywood sex scandal, naturally 

Sadowitz does it for me every time I see him. One of his tamer gags involved asking "what's this" before acting like a guy scribbling down notes; the punchline being that was Frankie Boyle at a Jerry Sadowitz gig!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m off with the littl’un to see Royal Blood in Birmingham tonight, missed their support gig for the Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes because of the absolutely shitty organisation of parking and queuing.  Much prefer the smaller venues.

19 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Sadowitz does it for me every time I see him. One of his tamer gags involved asking "what's this" before acting like a guy scribbling down notes; the punchline being that was Frankie Boyle at a Jerry Sadowitz gig!

Think maybe my favourite line of the night was “why are women only good for one thing? To differentiate themselves from N-words!”

On 11/18/2017 at 11:04, Lard Bazaar said:

I’m off with the littl’un to see Royal Blood in Birmingham tonight, missed their support gig for the Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes because of the absolutely shitty organisation of parking and queuing.  Much prefer the smaller venues.

Haven't lost a phone have you?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42043587

Didn't go or owt but...

Deep Purple played well and sounded great on the red button on BBC last couple of days but can't someone intervene and do summat about Ian Gillan's dire dad dancing whilst those timeless anthems are being cranked out?

6 hours ago, time said:

No but there was lots of warnings about pickpockets. My usual in depth review of the gig still to come, currently illened with chest infection. And those that have seen my chest will know that’s a mighty big infection. 

• Haha 1

Just back from seeing Depeche Mode at the O2.

Really enjoyed it, especially as tickets were complimentary.  :P

• Like 1

So, the way some local footy clubs are now reaping the benefits of people pissed off and priced out of the top end, so some local venues now make a virtue of local and live nights. 

Off to one with Mrs MPFC in the near future. Am I the only one hereabouts who goes out of my way deliberately to turn up at these sort of gigs?

We went to see Greg Davies last night who was very very funny indeed, but relative to here, during the show you discover that a few years ago he had to have a kidney removed due to a tumour that turned out to be non-cancerous, so he only has one kidney, which in itself does not put someone at death’s door, but still an interesting point to note, as he freely admits he’s not a picture of physical fitness and doesn’t give a shit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

We went to see Greg Davies last night who was very very funny indeed, but relative to here, during the show you discover that a few years ago he had to have a kidney removed due to a tumour that turned out to be non-cancerous, so he only has one kidney, which in itself does not put someone at death’s door, but still an interesting point to note, as he freely admits he’s not a picture of physical fitness and doesn’t give a shit.

So summat of a Jeremy Clarkson job, then

Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

We saw Rich Hall tonight, a last minute thing as my friend had tickets but couldn’t go so kindly gave them to us, a very entertaining evening, first half stand up and second half some funny country music songs (yes I hate country music too but) based loosely on conversations he had with audience members in the first half. Briefly met him afterwards while buying a CD and there was nothing of any significance to note health wise :D

Robert Plant at the Royal Albert Hall last night.  Loved it.  He has a very good band of multi-instrumentalists, plus on this tour Seth Lakeman on violin. 

And a treat which I was not expecting 

I wasn't surprised when Chrissie came out as she duets on one of the songs on Robert's album.  But this was an extra and particularly welcome as it wasn't played when I saw The Pretenders a few weeks ago.

Robert does a few LZ songs but doesn't go very far back into his own catalogue, which is a shame as I would love to hear Big Log or 29 Palms.

• Like 1

A post from my brother in law elsewhere on't web...

....'Liam Gallagher played a sold out Ally Pally the other night.. touts wanting £160 a ticket, my Bruv bowls up on the off chance of blagging it.. hangs about and has a little chat to security and gets in for £20 cash!! Love ya style !!

• Like 1

Saw Rocket From The Crypt, Bananarama and the Prodigy all within the space of a fortnight. All very enjoyable, except made the mistake of going in the front section at Prodigy gig, after getting tossed around like a black teenage girl with learning difficulties who’d wandered into a Donald Trump rally I safely retreated further back 

• Haha 1

Last week Mrs Biblo and baby Biblo went to see One OK Rock at the Shepherd's Bush empire.  Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

One OK Rock are only doing this tour because they were due to support Linkin Park on their US stadium tour which got cancelled obviously. 

Saw the Damned at the O2 Academy on Saturday.

Captain Sensible and Dave Vanian et al were in fine fettle...

• Like 3

Anyone seen Midge Ure's acoustic set?  Tix on sale today here.

SC

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

No but I was behind him in the queue in Iceland once. It’s not just Peter Andre that goes there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Only at festivals when he does a short set of predictables.  Vienna, Fade To Grey, If I Was, etc.

Went to see British Sea Power tonight.   Well worth seventeen quid.