Brinsworth House Baiter

Been To Any Good Gigs Lately?

Seeing Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth

He's made a departure from his usual stuff. Now playing some experimental self-indulgent crap. 

Oh well, at least I got in to the gig for free.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toast said:

Went to see British Sea Power tonight.   Well worth seventeen quid.  

£17 - a snip for that lot, nice one

• Like 1

Always forget to put anything on here when I do a gig, so must try harder.

Anyhoo, Saw Morgan James at Under the bridge when she toured the UK in December. Amazing voice and great performance. I'm a sucker for female vocalists, an IMO she is one of the best around. Nice touch going to the exit straight after and thanking people for coming, signing autographs and doing selfies.

First time I've been to Under the bridge at Chelsea FC. Great little venue with about 500 capacity, and looking out for more I'd want to see there now.

20180212_214008.jpg

20180213_095037-1.jpg

Went to see Morrissey in Birmingham on Tuesday night. He behaved himself, didn’t slag anyone off (except Spanish bullfighters) and all in all it was a very good night. shame that his set only lasted 90 minutes.

We went to see the comedian Joe Lycett a couple of weeks ago, he was very funny. Didn’t like the venue (Komedia in Bath) though, nice and small but the seats not reserved so basically it’s first come first served, and a fat man next to me took up two seats with his fat ass and did that manspreading thing with his legs wide open they spanned the width of three seats in front of him. Cunt.  Also the support act was a woman called Heidi Regan who was absolutely shit, I would have laughed more if I’d been diagnosed with terminal cancer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

We went to see the comedian Joe Lycett a couple of weeks ago, he was very funny. Didn’t like the venue (Komedia in Bath) though, nice and small but the seats not reserved so basically it’s first come first served, and a fat man next to me took up two seats with his fat ass and did that manspreading thing with his legs wide open they spanned the width of three seats in front of him. Cunt.  Also the support act was a woman called Heidi Regan who was absolutely shit, I would have laughed more if I’d been diagnosed with terminal cancer. 

Tough crowd.

• Like 1

Went to see Sean Lock at the Birmingham Hippodrome on Tuesday, the last show of his tour 'Keep It Light'. Pretty good venue, and my abs felt toned to fuck afterwards from laughing so much. The man's a genius. Even the support act, Paul McCaffrey, was very good. 

• Like 1

Reet, so on Saturday 3 April the Age Concern bus trundles towards Canterbury and the headliners at a festival get out. I'll confess me and a mate have tickets for this lot - a few of them the wrong side of 70

We'll let you know

That Saturday line up in full: https://www.anewdayfestival.com/schedule/saturday

I’m going to see Harry Styles tomorrow and I don’t even care what you think because he is FUCKING HOT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I’m going to see Harry Styles tomorrow and I don’t even care what you think because he is FUCKING HOT.

I Simon Cowell would agree with you, and I submit that Harry was the reason he inflicted invented One Direction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I Simon Cowell would agree with you, and I submit that Harry was the reason he inflicted invented One Direction.

I agree, I thought from early on that Harry would prove to be the Robbie Williams of the band.  I’d sure as fuck teach him a thing or two :D

18 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I agree, I thought from early on that Harry would prove to be the Robbie Williams of the band.  I’d sure as fuck teach him a thing or two :D

Him and Mr Grohl in a race to be taught a lesson by your good self Lardy

Reality TV gold right there

• Haha 1

Re stand ups - saw a really good show tonight in front of less than 30 people. So - fuck knows - this needs sharing

Jarlath Regan's show Organ Freeman - about donating a kidney to his brother - REALLY good in a meaningful comedy kinda style.

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Him and Mr Grohl in a race to be taught a lesson by your good self Lardy

Reality TV gold right there

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

He's certainly into lard.

Harry-_Styles-and-_James-_Corden-_Kissin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I thought that was a large ham Styles was attacking.....

Wait, I'm right.....:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, like him or not, he can certainly hold a tune live.  It was a good show, he knows how to play the entertainer and there was lots of very loud screaming. Wasn’t the longest of shows, only did about 90 minutes but then I’m used to being spoilt by three-hour Foo Fighters shows. And he is SO very pretty! But the most important thing is that I have retained the title of Most Awesome Mum In The World :D

Next stop is Bill Bailey at the Bristol Hippodrome next month. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

But the most important thing is that I have retained the title of Most Awesome Mum In The World :D

That is indeed an excellent excuse.

• Like 2

Saw Bryan Ferry last night. 

On the whole it was enjoyable but marred by the WALL OF NOISE coming from the - I can't call it a band, it's an assortment of musicians.

Just too loud and they all but drowned Bryan out on most of the songs.
I suppose it's to disguise the fact that his voice isn't what it was in 1980, but it's not so bad.

Music was so overpowering that it sucked all the atmosphere out of moody songs like 'Avalon' .

Next up - Rolling Stones

• Like 1

Sometimes the stars align.  It's God, The Fates, whatever.

So I JUST so happen to rig down and come home 24 hours ago.  It JUST so happens to be my favourite Acadian festival of all, the Festival International (4 band stages throughout downtown Lafayette, LA, million people, brews flowing, great food, art fair, the works).  All the bands have some ties to French speaking cultures, in general, and it's 3 days of fun.

So we go tonight, zero expectations other than shopping faux African stuff etc in art fair area, which my daughter and I were doing, and I hear from a nearby bandshell unmistakably the voice of Azam Ali!
I grab my kid...CMON....I know this band!
Never in one million years did I ever think I'd see one of my favourite bands, they just don't tour the States (or anywhere really) that often.  But there they were, Azam Ali and NIYAZ!  Free of charge!
My daughter liked it,  I was beside myself, and it was a fantastic hour.  Sir Creep does what he always does  which is get a play list from the stage, signed if possible, and go backstage and meet the band.  A few pick with Ms. Ali and both myself and my daughter.....what a night.  And to think I had no idea....

SC

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:56, Bentrovato said:

Band called Malice. Jam tribute. Shite. 

Probs best we keep that here

The alternative is yet another thread called "Been to any shit gigs recently?"

• Like 1

Oh no .... :unsure: