I don't give a crap about carbon footprints. Nothing drastic is going to happen in my lifetime, and I don't give a monkeys about what happens when I'm dead.

That's the spirit. Why not make some money on the side too? You could store asbestos sheets, nuclear waste, mercury and lead in your attic and gardens -- They'll be someone else's problem after you move.

Maybe you could go back to using leaded petrol, because it's only other people's kids that'll get brain damage.

I don't give a crap about carbon footprints. Nothing drastic is going to happen in my lifetime, and I don't give a monkeys about what happens when I'm dead.

That's the spirit. Why not make some money on the side too? You could store asbestos sheets, nuclear waste, mercury and lead in your attic and gardens -- They'll be someone else's problem after you move.

Maybe you could go back to using leaded petrol, because it's only other people's kids that'll get brain damage.

Fair point. I'm just being honest in what I think. I'm not going to pretend to be worried about it when I'm not.

Fair point. I'm just being honest in what I think. I'm not going to pretend to be worried about it when I'm not.

Got to say, im with you on this one Lardy.

We are all being sold a Pup by the Government and Lentil eating courdroy wearers.

Im not suggesting that we are not making our own contribution the the Natural cycle of the Planet, we are not helping.

Unless the Worlds Governments tackle the population explosion we are all done for anyway.

PS: Honez, did you type that withering put down on your solar powered, natural fibre composite, ethically made ( by one legged African hermaphrodite lesbians) Computer or did you type it onto your $1500, made in China, powered by Electricity, generated by a filthy Coal Fired Power Station one?

PS: Honez, did you type that withering put down on your solar powered, natural fibre composite, ethically made ( by one legged African hermaphrodite lesbians) Computer or did you type it onto your $1500, made in China, powered by Electricity, generated by a filthy Coal Fired Power Station one?

Good point. I made sure I recycled my old computer, monitor, memory, etc. I'm into recycling. I make sure that the energy I use is sourced from renewable facilities as much as is possible (and literally pay the price to do so), I have a rain tank in my yard and a solar water heater on the roof. Whenever possible I buy local over imported. I use the local farmers' organic cooperative for all my fruit and veg and our milk comes from a local dairy co-op.

I specifically bought a house within walking distance of the train line so I wouldn't have to use a car or diesel bus to get to and from work.

I don't do these things to "reduce my carbon footprint" or out of any sort of repressed guilt, I do them because I think they are the right thing for me to do. The same thing as not pushing in, not inflicting blaring ipods or loud phone conversations on people, not shitting in the street, etc. Some people do these things, but if everyone did, then we would live in an incredibly awful society.

People who just take-take-take, without any thought for the impact or effect they have on anyone --or everyone-- else coming after them deserves to be treated like someone caught shitting in the street; they are disgusting self centred and loathsome. The same goes for people who litter.

Just to be specific to your pithy question, I did write this reply on a PC that was assembled locally, from both local and imported components. But it certainly wasn't assembled in China and shipped here. The Monitor was though. I recycled my old PC and reused some of the components in this one. The PC is powered (as is the rest of my house) from renewable electricity sources as much as possible. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, no lesbians were involved its manufacture.

Grown kids. They can break your damn heart and walk away like nothing's wrong.

I suppose it's payback.

I suppose it's payback.

An offbeat observation, Carol Ann, or are you in the throes of a crisis?

They invariably come back to you - usually as if nothing has happened. And, perhaps, that is the best way.

That new Argos Christmas advert................. :lol: It's sssoooooo annoying, and while I'm at it, how about chucking into room 101 the phones for you adverts. Does anybody understand them? :blink:

I suppose it's payback.

An offbeat observation, Carol Ann, or are you in the throes of a crisis?

They invariably come back to you - usually as if nothing has happened. And, perhaps, that is the best way.

I am - and I agree. It is the best way. It's the only way they grow.

That new Argos Christmas advert................. :lol: It's sssoooooo annoying, and while I'm at it, how about chucking into room 101 the phones for you adverts. Does anybody understand them? :blink:

im quite into those phones 4u adverts?

That new Argos Christmas advert................. :crossbone: It's sssoooooo annoying, and while I'm at it, how about chucking into room 101 the phones for you adverts. Does anybody understand them? :blink:

im quite into those phones 4u adverts?

Good God man!!!

You have just screwed your street cred into the ground!!!

that fat guy looking through the telescope?? and the woman with the beard? great television.

Wrapping presents, I've spent most of the evening doing this and I'm still not finished, what a waste of a Saturday night :( .

Wrapping presents, I've spent most of the evening doing this and I'm still not finished, what a waste of a Saturday night :( .

Down at our local shopping centre, ladies from the local hospice had a present wrapping service yesterday. You just gave a donation. Problem solved.

I don't suppose you...you know...asked them if there were any 'clients' of theirs worthy of a national broadsheet obituary?

Down at our local shopping centre, ladies from the local hospice had a present wrapping service yesterday. You just gave a donation. Problem solved.

After going silent for long enough................ I felt the need to pay a little visit to Deathlists very own Room 101.

1. Membership cards: The process of constantly having to update them is if anything insane. Rules are rules ... but when the person is 80 and obnoxious as ever about it you can't help but walk out saying to yourself 'Well you don't have much longer on this earth anyway'

2.Illegal Immigrants: When you have a son getting blown up in Iraq these little bastards are sitting under a bridge somewhere drinking beer and smoking cheap cigars - waiting for jobs\taking jobs - having no existence. They need to go. You could build a wall and become Russia .. but like it or not it may be one of the few solutions with the predicted percentage of Illegal aliens almost doubling come the next decade. It stands at about 3 - 5 % of America's population being illegal immigrants. They need to be sterilized.

3. The line 'If you are not for the war in Iraq, you are not for the soldiers: That is one of the most false - most ignorant - most narrow minded lines of them all. Lying bitches . It is not the soldiers, it is the men who guide them. They are tools. All lies, all lies.

Brian Ashton.

Pizza Hut's pizzas, emblazoned with the phrase "hot pizza always tastes better!"

It begs the question; better than what? Dog turd? Curried eel?

hut_logo.jpg

Pizza Hut's pizzas, emblazoned with the phrase "hot pizza always tastes better!"

hut_logo.jpg

The luke warm grease flavoured dough we dish up?

hut_logo.jpg

Cold pizza? Or, more likely, "warm" pizza that has been sitting under heat lamps for ages.

Two things today.

I was standing in line to buy a bottle of my beloved Lucozade at the small canteen. As usual there was a massive line of coffee drinking, stuck up swines (ie real students). Anyway, after about ten minutes in this line, the girl in front of me made her order. She ordered hot water. Hot water? Yes. Hot water. A cup of hot water - to drink. Cost her 40p. Thus in future, instead of buying bottled water at £1 a go, I'm going to buy some 'hot water' and leave it to cool down. Hot water? Bring in a flask darling. (You are speaking to someone who has used the same bottle for water for a number of months - we have drinking water from a tap in my house).

As glad as I am to get that off my chest, I must move on to item number two.

I live in Fraserburgh, and I take the bus into Aberdeen every morning. Most of the time I manage this simple task without complaint or issue. Somedays, however, you end up with some right w**nkers. I don't have a problem with people listening to music on their iPod or MP3 players (or any other modern device) so longs as they use some form of ear phones. There was an occassion last week where one individual chose not to abide by the unwritten rule. He was playing music (if you could call it that) from his mobile phone. It was that dance music which consists of hashed up music with lyrics sung by something that sounds like a demented chipmunk. After that, we were treated to clublands version of Loch Lomand. I have no idea why these people think they have the right to play this very annoying music in a confined space they have to share with other people. It is completely selfish. I was, however, informed this morning (by lugging in to another conversation) that these wee ned bastards feel that they are entitled to play thier shite music on busses because they paid the same as I did for a ticket.

Am I being unreasonable here?

No. Kill them. Kill them all.

Especially the hot water tart.

Honez you're such a liberal. They should be condemned to listen to Banshees Scream posts read aloud for the duration of their journeys.

Honez you're such a liberal. They should be condemned to listen to Banshees Scream posts read aloud for the duration of their journeys.

I think that earphones would be enough to solve the problem. Either that, or a ban on dance music with the shitty high-pitched singing.

I think that earphones would be enough to solve the problem. Either that, or a ban on dance music with the shitty high-pitched singing.

Windsor, sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but have you ever considered chinning one of them? A bit of menace usually works quite well with these people.

regards,

Godot

Windsor, sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but have you ever considered chinning one of them? A bit of menace usually works quite well with these people.

regards,

Godot

Good idea Godot. But statistically speaking, I'd probably end up being knifed. :lol: