People who park in parent and child spaces with school-age, mobile and biddable children however, should be shot.

I'm all in favour of giving these people special parking bays in the far distant reaches of the car park.

People who park in parent and child spaces with school-age, mobile and biddable children however, should be shot.

I'm all in favour of giving these people special parking bays in the far distant reaches of the car park.

I like to park well away from the supermarket entrance as the walk does me good. On the other hand the only advantage of having an elderly mother-in-law is that she has a disabled sticker so I take her whenever I can on city centre shopping sprees then leave her to fend for herself.

I wonder what a hunter gatherer would make of these last few posts. When I was a kid we didn't have a supermarket or a car. I went to town with my mum on a bus and she bought the groceries for the next few days on the market, fitting them in to two shopping bags. I don't recall her moaning about how difficult things were. Today we have so-called "convenience stores" and everyone moans about how inconvenient they are.

In the same vein....

When I had small children I parked where there was a space - no matter how far away from the store it was, how many kids I had with me, how old they were, what equipment I had or whether or not one had taken a bath in motor oil. I survived.

Of course, I was also the horrible type of mother who removed her screaming children from the restaurant so they wouldn't disrupt everyone else's dinner even if it was in the middle of the meal. I also never "just ran into the store for a second, officer" to get a pack and left my kid in the car.

Stores here have "expectant mother" and "parents with small children" spaces but no one pays attention. Since they aren't government mandated no fines can be levied and enforced.

But I do object to being discriminated against, based solely on a lack of procreativity. What gives Sainsbury's the right to banish me to the back of the car-park and exclude me from the larger parking spaces, just because I'm not going to fill my trolley with amusingly-shaped food or "Sunny Delight"? I have a reasonably large car, and don't wish to squeeze it into a small space only to risk some troll in an old ford fiesta parking next to me and smacking his car-door &/or trolley into my paintwork. Now I can't without risking a fine. My options seem to be

1. risk a fine / call their bluff
  2. grit my teeth in frustration and rage every time I go shopping and park where they want me to
  3. shop on-line and risk getting all the crud that's about to expire
  4. shop at Tescos instead, which I despise.
  5. steal a child and put it in the car.

Am I being unreasonable?

Anyway, thanks for listening.

You are not being discriminated against solely because you have not procreated. If you think you are then you have some sort of complex.

Parents with Prams car parks are there for parents with small children and prams that the have to load/unload, similar to disabled/wheelchair access car parks. If you ever have to load/unload a pram, shopping, small child and potentially another one that's as mobile as a greased pig, the you'd know why these car parks are required. Try to load/unload in a normal-sized spot, you risk destroying not only you car, but both cars on either side. Unloading handicapped adults, who likely consent to the whole idea and have some sense of decorum, would be a walk in the park compared to juggling shopping bags, kids, crying child, shopping trolley, pram, headache, sleep deprivation, smelly nappies, and any other number of things -- all happening simultaneously... And you're whinging because you want to park your big-arsed car in a spot set aside for parent with prams, just because you're too damn lazy to walk an extra few yards? If parking in normal spot makes you grit your teeth with frustration and rage, then I'd say you have a serious problem. Manifesting itself as rage against parents with prams is probably the thin end of the wedge. It sounds like you either need some pills from the Doctor or a serious voltage applied daily. Probably anally.

You're nearly right. A whiney two year old can be strapped in to his/her car seat/pram and ignored. Takes a bit of effort some days (the ignoring that is) but it can be done quite easily. If it's that much of an effort leave the little buggers at home with partner/grand parent/friend and go to the shops by yourself.

Add eighty years to that scenario and it's a completely different kettle of fish. A two year old falls getting out of the car, you pick him up, give him a cuddle, buy him an icecream. Elderly father falls getting out of the car, you get help picking him up, ignore protestations that everything's fine, visit the GP, get refered to the hospital for xrays. All in all a fun day out for everyone.

Having done both, I wouldn't seriously compare them. Give me the whiney two year old any day. At least you get ice cream.

But I do object to being discriminated against, based solely on a lack of procreativity. What gives Sainsbury's the right to banish me to the back of the car-park and exclude me from the larger parking spaces, just because I'm not going to fill my trolley with amusingly-shaped food or "Sunny Delight"? I have a reasonably large car, and don't wish to squeeze it into a small space only to risk some troll in an old ford fiesta parking next to me and smacking his car-door &/or trolley into my paintwork. Now I can't without risking a fine. My options seem to be

2. grit my teeth in frustration and rage every time I go shopping and park where they want me to

Am I being unreasonable?

You are not being discriminated against solely because you have not procreated. If you think you are then you have some sort of complex.

Parents with Prams car parks are there for parents with small children and prams that the have to load/unload, similar to disabled/wheelchair access car parks. If you ever have to load/unload a pram, shopping, small child and potentially another one that's as mobile as a greased pig, the you'd know why these car parks are required. Try to load/unload in a normal-sized spot, you risk destroying not only you car, but both cars on either side. Unloading handicapped adults, who likely consent to the whole idea and have some sense of decorum, would be a walk in the park compared to juggling shopping bags, kids, crying child, shopping trolley, pram, headache, sleep deprivation, smelly nappies, and any other number of things -- all happening simultaneously... And you're whinging because you want to park your big-arsed car in a spot set aside for parent with prams, just because you're too damn lazy to walk an extra few yards? If parking in normal spot makes you grit your teeth with frustration and rage, then I'd say you have a serious problem. Manifesting itself as rage against parents with prams is probably the thin end of the wedge. It sounds like you either need some pills from the Doctor or a serious voltage applied daily. Probably anally.

You're nearly right. A whiney two year old can be strapped in to his/her car seat/pram and ignored. Takes a bit of effort some days (the ignoring that is) but it can be done quite easily. If it's that much of an effort leave the little buggers at home with partner/grand parent/friend and go to the shops by yourself.

Add eighty years to that scenario and it's a completely different kettle of fish. A two year old falls getting out of the car, you pick him up, give him a cuddle, buy him an icecream. Elderly father falls getting out of the car, you get help picking him up, ignore protestations that everything's fine, visit the GP, get refered to the hospital for xrays. All in all a fun day out for everyone.

Having done both, I wouldn't seriously compare them. Give me the whiney two year old any day. At least you get ice cream.

Agreed. Sort of. Anyway, my point being, both scenarios are infinitely worse than someone who considers it frustrating and rages against being "banished to the back of the car park" and "excluded from the bigger car park spots." Moosey asked if he was being unreasonable about it. Those are the reasons Moosey, you work it out.

Guest Guest

Am I being unreasonable?

Agreed. Sort of. Anyway, my point being, both scenarios are infinitely worse than someone who considers it frustrating and rages against being "banished to the back of the car park" and "excluded from the bigger car park spots." Moosey asked if he was being unreasonable about it. Those are the reasons Moosey, you work it out.

Peter Falk is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease.

Am I being unreasonable?

Peter Falk is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease.

Ignoring all of the above, I'd like to say welcome back to DeathList, Moosey. <_< I hope you stick around.

Whilst we are on the subject. People who can't park in either direction (car park or parallel) AND they don't have the excuse of being French/Italian/insert stereotpye here when the car park is quasi-full. I think the Germans should have some kind of grid thing you can illuminate on the windscreen or bonnet which enables you to align yourself, feck parking sensors which blare out when you are within 6 foot of something.

Ignoring all of the above, I'd like to say welcome back to DeathList, Moosey. <_< I hope you stick around.

Thanks DDT. I'll try.

Right, I'm off to Sainsbury's. I'm going to park at the back of the car-park (distance from parking space to shop has never been an issue by the way], and I'm going to park across two spaces to get extra door-room.

Whilst we are on the subject. People who can't park in either direction (car park or parallel) AND they don't have the excuse of being French/Italian/insert stereotpye here when the car park is quasi-full. I think the Germans should have some kind of grid thing you can illuminate on the windscreen or bonnet which enables you to align yourself, feck parking sensors which blare out when you are within 6 foot of something.

When you said people who can't park, I think you actually meant women.

Guest Guest
Ignoring all of the above, I'd like to say welcome back to DeathList, Moosey. :P I hope you stick around.

Thanks DDT. I'll try.

Right, I'm off to Sainsbury's. I'm going to park at the back of the car-park (distance from parking space to shop has never been an issue by the way], and I'm going to park across two spaces to get extra door-room.

Ah, plenty of space to get a full length keying, excellent. Look out everyone for a badly parked cock extension in a Satansbusy near you. <_<

When you said people who can't park, I think you actually meant women.

<_<

Thanks DDT. I'll try.

I say we make him a moderator...

Thanks DDT. I'll try.

him?

?

Welcome back Moosey, whatever...

Scotland is struggling to pull herself out of recession. She has just embarrased herself as a novice on the international stage, but this is the right time to debate a referendum on Scottish Independence.

Two weeks ago Kenny MacAskill made his own mind up on the Lockerbie bomber...then practically slagged off the Westminster for not telling him what to do. :rolleyes:

Time for independence? I don't think so.

Oh yes! And this. Having done higher history what they have done there is take a subject which is regarded as boring by many, and make it even more boring! There is no way you can make William Wallace interesting in a higher. I did my higher on Germany 1815-1919. Much more interesting than any Wallace sh*te...

Ignoring all of the above, I'd like to say welcome back to DeathList, Moosey. :) I hope you stick around.

Thanks DDT. I'll try.

him?

?

Welcome back Moosey, whatever...

Why not me?

I could moderate.. probably. What's involved? Is there a test? :sick:

Why not me?

Yes. Find the Secret Moderator button, hidden somewhere in one of the forum pages.

It's been there for a while, so I'm surprised no-one has found it since the last intake, which seems like ages ago now.

Why not me?

Yes. Find the Secret Moderator button, hidden somewhere in one of the forum pages.

It's been there for a while, so I'm surprised no-one has found it since the last intake, which seems like ages ago now.

Damn it.

I know you're taking the p1ss, but I suspect that I'll decide it's a double-bluff after half a bottle of tequila and end up looking for it.

Why not me?

Damn it.

I know you're taking the p1ss, but I suspect that I'll decide it's a double-bluff after half a bottle of tequila and end up looking for it.

Yup, I can confirm, have been a secret moderator for years, but no-one must know.

American Airlines flight 1614 from Sacramento, CA, to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: scheduled arrival time 7:50pm Saturday, actual arrival time 2:40am Sunday.

Cillit Bang adverts - Does the moron really need to shout to make a sale?!!

Ladies with facial hair - Is it that difficult to wax...Whiskers and side burns - Not an attractive look!

Gillian Mckeith from 'You Are What You Eat'. Anyone that makes you crap into a tupperware container then proceeds to disect it on top of your dining room table shouldn't be allowed on TV, let alone be given her own programme.

And lastly...Zara, for making a size 12 a 'large'.

Gobby f'ucking Scousers working in Littlewoods call centres. Try actually f'ucking LISTENING to what customers are saying to you, instead of talking over them and then putting them through to the wrong department without even ATTEMPTING to understand what the customer is calling you for. Then, when the customer is FINALLY back through to the right department, ie the one they rang in the first place, say the same phrase over and over again like a stupid f'ucking PARROT, because you have no interest in helping them.

In fact, if there are any terrorist types looking in, please make your next target Liverpool. The entire f'ucking dump should be napalmed.

I can't buy a bottle of wine from the supermarket (nor anything else drinkable, alcoholic or not, in a glass bottle) until 8 am monday morning. In fact no shop in town is allowed to sell glass bottles until our street festival is over. Apparently it is a law, so glad to see the government have confidence on its population. Most beer comes in glass bottles, except those cans drunk by tramps for breakfast. What a way to force people to buy the overpriced alcohol on the street. Even with this law it's not as if there is someone policing the crowd that come from out of town.

The festival's not a patch on the likes of Glastonbury however it is free and you do get to laugh at the French cover versions of the classics.

I can't buy a bottle of wine from the supermarket (nor anything else drinkable, alcoholic or not, in a glass bottle) until 8 am monday morning. In fact no shop in town is allowed to sell glass bottles until our street festival is over. Apparently it is a law, so glad to see the government have confidence on its population. Most beer comes in glass bottles, except those cans drunk by tramps for breakfast. What a way to force people to buy the overpriced alcohol on the street. Even with this law it's not as if there is someone policing the crowd that come from out of town.

The festival's not a patch on the likes of Glastonbury however it is free and you do get to laugh at the French cover versions of the classics.

Got the DTs? Shaking? Sweating? Cant wait till Monday?

You sure you aint from Portsmouth?