Double car accident days.

Kay Burley from Sky News.

Someone should tell her that her opinion doesn't matter...

I just popped back to have a grumble about the supermarket butchers department. There was a rogue leg of mutton in with the lamb and I bought it. It had the texture and shape of a boxing glove.

Getting woken up at nearly 3 a.m. in the morning because you forgot to turn off your computer speakers. My free anti virus software, Avast, ran out 18 months ago and I could never quite work out how to reactivate it, as a result my computer has been open to all viri (sp?) ever since. My elder brother is home from Australia and has spent his last evening here sorting out my computer, set the antivirus to check my system at 7 p.m., it finished at 3 a.m and woke me. Not a bad exchange really, as I've only spent the last 3 weeks entertaining his kids :ninja:

All I wanted was a few hours sleep before the final assault by his kids, but no, Avast have just woken me up with that terrible computerised American computer accent telling me 'Welcome to Avast', 'welcome' my arse, I was sound asleep and having a bloody good dream too :o

Over-familiarity from shop assistants.

I've just been addressed as 'mate' twice by some callow youth in the chemist. I got so pissed off I almost forgot what I went in there for.

Sainsbury's. The cheese-pairing bastards have just sent a letter to Mrs Godot. She hasn't had a pay increase in three years and they've cut her rates "using a standardised formula" based on "extensive data analysis." I'd like to take their letter and stuff it up Jamie Oliver's arse. I bet they haven't cut his rates. A plea to all Deathlisters: please boycott Sainsbury's.

I've just been addressed as 'mate' twice by some callow youth in the chemist. I got so pissed off I almost forgot what I went in there for.

Why does this annoy you? I'd prefer to be called mate than 'sir' or something overly formal.

Why does this annoy you? I'd prefer to be called mate than 'sir' or something overly formal.

I consider it impolite. I'm not his mate - as far as I know, we've never met before. 'Sir' would be the correct form of address, and not overly formal in my opinion.

Maybe its a generational thing.

I consider it impolite. I'm not his mate - as far as I know, we've never met before. 'Sir' would be the correct form of address, and not overly formal in my opinion.

Maybe its a generational thing.

I prefer to be addressed as 'your excellency'.

It hasn't caught on...

Sainsbury's. The cheese-pairing bastards have just sent a letter to Mrs Godot. She hasn't had a pay increase in three years and they've cut her rates "using a standardised formula" based on "extensive data analysis." I'd like to take their letter and stuff it up Jamie Oliver's arse. I bet they haven't cut his rates. A plea to all Deathlisters: please boycott Sainsbury's.

Sorry to hear that Godot, what a terrible way to treat staff. Sadly I will not be able to boycott Sainsbury's. I live in a town with no supermarket, our nearest Tesco and Asda are 22 miles away and I don't drive. What passed for a supermarket in Kelso, Haldanes, went into administration last week and closed yesterday. After a 10 year battle Sainsbury's won the battle to build a superstore on the outskirts of town. It opens at the end of the summer. While I tend to by my meat, poultry, bread and eggs from local shops, having Sainsbury's on the doorstep is going to be a damn site cheaper and easier than spending £8 on bus fares and enduring 4 hour round trip to get to Tesco in Galashiels just to pick up washing powder etc.

Sorry to hear that Godot, what a terrible way to treat staff. Sadly I will not be able to boycott Sainsbury's. I live in a town with no supermarket, our nearest Tesco and Asda are 22 miles away and I don't drive. What passed for a supermarket in Kelso, Haldanes, went into administration last week and closed yesterday. After a 10 year battle Sainsbury's won the battle to build a superstore on the outskirts of town. It opens at the end of the summer. While I tend to by my meat, poultry, bread and eggs from local shops, having Sainsbury's on the doorstep is going to be a damn site cheaper and easier than spending £8 on bus fares and enduring 4 hour round trip to get to Tesco in Galashiels just to pick up washing powder etc.

The other 16 of us will though. It'll bring them to their knees.

Yeah!!!!!! That'll fucking teach them.

[edit] P.S. Sorry to see that Godot

Yeah!!!!!! That'll fucking teach them.

[edit] P.S. Sorry to see that Godot

Thanks for solidarity comrades, no worries LG but I hope it doesn't ruin your high street butcher's and fish shop. Haven't seen those down our way for years.

citizen-smith-series-1-4-6-dvds-db4f1.jpg

Thanks for solidarity comrades, no worries LG but I hope it doesn't ruin your high street butcher's and fish shop. Haven't seen those down our way for years.

citizen-smith-series-1-4-6-dvds-db4f1.jpg

The antagonistic struggle in Western metropoles continues. We will never surrender.

regards,

Hein (who read something like that somewhere in an Red Army Fraction treatise)

Sainsbury's are twats. Too expensive, and in my local branch, they sell ladies and children's clothes, but not men's. What the fuck use is that? The ONLY reason I ever go in there is to buy Jumbo Salt N Vinegar Snak A Jaks, and that's hardly ever because they disintegrate all the taste buds on my tongue for two weeks after eating them.

Fraserburgh doesn't have a Sainsbury's, so I won't be shopping there either.

And that's not all. Not long ago when Mrs G finished her late shift at Sainsbury's, she and other staff could buy end-of-date stuff put out for sale at reduced prices. No more. Now they chuck all that stuff away. Bastards.

You won't be seeing me in Sainsbury's anytime soon.

It's nearly 10 years since I was in a WalMart. I remember the occasion well, since it was a Tuesday in September 2001. They had a big TV department. I also remember what I thought at the time.

No particular connection, I just thought I'd mention it.

Guest David

It's nearly 10 years since I was in a WalMart. I remember the occasion well, since it was a Tuesday in September 2001. They had a big TV department. I also remember what I thought at the time.

Those pathetic, poisoned individuals that write sex comments on videos for kids on YouTube. That is so sick!

Those pathetic, poisoned individuals that write sex comments on videos for kids on YouTube. That is so sick!

Do some people do that?

That's not nice at all!

At the risk of getting nailed to something: Why can't people just be kind to each other?

Do some people do that?

That's not nice at all!

At the risk of getting nailed to something: Why can't people just be kind to each other?

Because everyone else is an arsehole.

In Fraserburgh, possibly. :ninja:

In Fraserburgh, possibly. :)

Windsor's certainly an arsehole, not sure if he's representative of Fraserburgh in general?

In Fraserburgh, possibly. :)

Windsor's certainly an arsehole, not sure if he's representative of Fraserburgh in general?

Windsor tries hard, but you can tell he's a decent soul deep down.

Windsor tries hard, but you can tell he's a decent soul deep down.

I'm sure there's a little nice person in Windsor, screaming to get out.

Unfortunately that screaming is ootnoised by a local brass band.

regards,

Hein