Amanda Knox.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind if her appeal failed even if she is innocent?

Shite.
There is definitely something shifty about her......on that basis I find her guilty as charged.

This case did not receive much attention in Dutch media, since no Dutch were involved. As I understand it, the evidence against ms Knox was:

1. She lived in the same flat as the victim.
  2. A person already convicted of the murder says so.
  3. Witnesses of dubious reliability say she was around the crime scene at the time of the murder.
  4. She's not a nice person, with habits some, or many, people object to.
  5. She lied (or was made to lie) to the police.

Each item has problems:

1. Establishes opportunty, not guilt.
  2. Dubious witness with a clear motive for lying.
  3. Dubious witnesses, one apparently a professional one, the other could well have read his testimony in the paper.
  4. Being shifty is not evidence of murder.
  5. Being a liar is not evidence of murder.

Ms Knox may well know more about this sordid affair than she admitted, yet the evidence doesn't make a solid case against her. As forensic evidence was thrown out, because unreliably handled, is seems to me her acquittal is correct under the presumption of innocence. I'm glad the court proved able to think independently from what they read in the papers.

regards,

Hein

You mean, you need hard evidence to prove it? How absurd :)

I can't speak Italian. I'm pretty sure this is what actually happened.

Lawyer: "The prosecution has it, your Honour, that the accused is a bit of an annoying cow who likes playing up for the cameras".

Judge: "Point taken. She is annoying. She also smells funny. Clatty cow. GUILTY."

Knox: "Sob sob sob sob...".

Amanda Knox.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind if her appeal failed even if she is innocent?

Shite.
There is definitely something shifty about her......on that basis I find her guilty as charged.

This case did not receive much attention in Dutch media, since no Dutch were involved. As I understand it, the evidence against ms Knox was:

1. She lived in the same flat as the victim.
  2. A person already convicted of the murder says so.
  3. Witnesses of dubious reliability say she was around the crime scene at the time of the murder.
  4. She's not a nice person, with habits some, or many, people object to.
  5. She lied (or was made to lie) to the police.

Each item has problems:

1. Establishes opportunty, not guilt.
  2. Dubious witness with a clear motive for lying.
  3. Dubious witnesses, one apparently a professional one, the other could well have read his testimony in the paper.
  4. Being shifty is not evidence of murder.
  5. Being a liar is not evidence of murder.

Ms Knox may well know more about this sordid affair than she admitted, yet the evidence doesn't make a solid case against her. As forensic evidence was thrown out, because unreliably handled, is seems to me her acquittal is correct under the presumption of innocence. I'm glad the court proved able to think independently from what they read in the papers.

regards,

Hein

You mean, you need hard evidence to prove it? How absurd :)

I can't speak Italian. I'm pretty sure this is what actually happened.

Lawyer: "The prosecution has it, your Honour, that the accused is a bit of an annoying cow who likes playing up for the cameras".

Judge: "Point taken. She is annoying. She also smells funny. Clatty cow. GUILTY."

Knox: "Sob sob sob sob...".

Investigators argued that a break-in had been staged at the flat, partly because the window seemed to have been broken after the room had been ransacked.

thus Knox did it...

I am at a loss to understand what all the fuss is about. Vaguely attractive strumpet gets away with murder and the papers and news programmes are leading with this non-story for several days. Meanwhile Greece has a general strike, Italy gets downgraded (to A2, getting to be almost junk), European banks are set to be bailed out again..... Jesus H Christ! We're off to hell in a handcart.

Vaguely attractive strumpet

You have two grown sons, I believe, Mr Josco. There were two men implicated along with this young lady. One a proven criminal and the other a nerdy-type who had been going out with AK for a week. "Strumpet" is a splendid word but I wouldn't like my daughter to be described thus. Not now, at the age of eleven, and not ever.

Should we have a new thread for this I wonder? And another for the demise of world economies?

And another for the demise of world economies?

Haven't we already got one similar to this?

There is one somewhere, Mr Admin, Sir.

Banshees might know. I'm convinced that he has been in charge of economic policies for the last couple of years.

Banshees might know. I'm convinced that he has been in charge of economic policies for the last couple of years.

Now that you mention it..... :)

I have two sons, correct; one at university and one at secondary school. There are 7 years between them but I would hesitate to describe either as 'grown' (although they regularly make me groan). Mrs Josco opines that she has three children, can't think why.

No way. Mr Scream would have done a far better job than those truly in charge!

A young man, aged 17, was killed in a car accident in Fraserburgh on Monday morning.

The inevitable Facebook tribute page has been set up, with over 1000 people 'liking' the page already.

Apparently the victim is now looking down on his friends and smiling...he must have had a sick sense of humour.

Then you get the attention seekers who didn't actually know the deceased:

Only spoke too you once or twice like years ago fan i wis bleezin through in the broch and you spilt buckfast oer ma :) haha! Rest in peace!♥ xx

The attention seeking girlfriend who has already been quoted in the papers because he apparently sent her a 'loving text' just before he died:

Looking at our texts. "linda u better just marry ma, or al tickle ur little feet :) u mean i world to me, love MY lindy! xxxxxxxxxxx" come bak :lol: a made u read ma at een, remember a was almost greetin? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then you get the outright deluded:

Just went to see a fortune teller and they were sayin ur all smiling upstairs and looking over your family, you were a great guy ♥ sleep tight

Facebook tribute pages piss me off...

A young man, aged 17, was killed in a car accident in Fraserburgh on Monday morning.

The inevitable Facebook tribute page has been set up, with over 1000 people 'liking' the page already.

Apparently the victim is now looking down on his friends and smiling...he must have had a sick sense of humour.

Only spoke too you once or twice like years ago fan i wis bleezin through in the broch and you spilt buckfast oer ma :) haha! Rest in peace!♥ xx

The attention seeking girlfriend who has already been quoted in the papers because he apparently sent her a 'loving text' just before he died:

Looking at our texts. "linda u better just marry ma, or al tickle ur little feet :) u mean i world to me, love MY lindy! xxxxxxxxxxx" come bak :lol: a made u read ma at een, remember a was almost greetin? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just went to see a fortune teller and they were sayin ur all smiling upstairs and looking over your family, you were a great guy ♥ sleep tight

So don't read them then.

Windsor - I'm from Up North but obviously not far enough!

What does 'fan i wis bleezin through in the broch' mean?

Also 'a made u read ma at een'?

I know greetin is crying but is rest just broad dialect or broad facebook?

'fan i wis bleezin through in the broch' = When I was drunk through in Fraserburgh.

'a made u read ma at een' = I made you read me that one.

It all makes perfect sense to me.

And entertaining reading.

I could understand it too but as I have spent the last 2 1/2 years dealing with people from Hawick that's understandable. Hawick dialect makes Fraserburgh dialect look like the Queen's English, and this from a Glaswegian.

For those of you unfamiliar with the geography of Scotland, Hawick is a 'quaint' little mill town in the south east of the Scottish Borders and formerly home to famous knitwear companies like Pringle, only there are no mills anymore, knitwear factories are mostly shut down and jobs don't exist. For the natives of the town though 'a day out of Hawick is a day wasted', for the rest of us 'a day in Hawick is a day wasted'. Stick to the broch Winnie :) .

Only spoke too you once or twice like years ago fan i wis bleezin through in the broch and you spilt buckfast oer ma :rip: haha! Rest in peace!♥ xx

Looking at our texts. "linda u better just marry ma, or al tickle ur little feet :( u mean i world to me, love MY lindy! xxxxxxxxxxx" come bak :o a made u read ma at een, remember a was almost greetin? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't want to hear shit about American English anymore.

Only spoke too you once or twice like years ago fan i wis bleezin through in the broch and you spilt buckfast oer ma :rip: haha! Rest in peace!♥ xx

Looking at our texts. "linda u better just marry ma, or al tickle ur little feet :( u mean i world to me, love MY lindy! xxxxxxxxxxx" come bak :o a made u read ma at een, remember a was almost greetin? xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's why my spelling and grammar is so bad...it's a corruption of Brocher-English. :P

Anyway, I've just had a peep at the memorial page and I wish I had taken Time's advice and ignored it.

The girlfriend seems hysterical, and is speaking to the deceased through Facebook. I know people deal with grief in different ways, but Christ Almighty! What a spooky, morbid bitch. Although it's not really acceptable to say this on the page, one does get the impression that she may be milking it...now that the page has over 1500 'fans'.

Or maybe I'm just a heartless, cynical bastard.

The dialect of the North East of Scotland is a product of millennia of culture and inbreeding tradition.

American "English" isn't.

The dialect of the North East of Scotland is a product of millennia of culture and inbreeding tradition.

My great great grandparents were first cousins. :rip:

A good tradition, as I understand it, especially among the wealthy. To give an example:

HM the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have a great great grandmother in common: Queen Victoria, and are therefore third cousins. In addition to that, Elizabeth's great great grandfather Christian IX of Denmark is also Philip's great grandfather, which makes them second cousins once removed. It's hardly surprising that their offspring occasionally behave funny.

regards,

Hein

A good tradition, as I understand it, especially among the wealthy. To give an example:

HM the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have a great great grandmother in common: Queen Victoria, and are therefore third cousins. In addition to that, Elizabeth's great great grandfather Christian IX of Denmark is also Philip's great grandfather, which makes them second cousins once removed. It's hardly surprising that their offspring occasionally behave funny.

regards,

Hein

occasionally ?

People who meet a cash machine and forget how to count to ten .

American "English" isn't.

Not only that, it ain't.

Overall I think I'd rather be misunderstood than inbred closely related. I'm not from NE Scotland Arkansas.

People who buy scratchcards, scratch them off at the till, win, then buy another scratchcard with their winnings whilst you stand behind them in the queue like an arse.

Second only to till staff slowly scanning their friend's groceries to allow them enough time to have a conversation. Then they can't even afford you the time of a hello or goodbye.

I'm so lonely. :rolleyes:

People with relatives in the armed forces who try to make remembrance day about themselves.

Send those fuckers off to Afghanistan...

• Like 1

Frankie Cocozza and the associated press coverage. He's a talentless prick, so why the obsession?