North of the Wall golf.gif

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, charon said:

North of the Wall golf.gif

Should be safe enough now that the White Walkers and Army of the Dead are heading south.

• Like 1

When you've got a partly used carton of cream or yoghurt in the fridge and you can't remember when you bought it.

So you look for a use-by date and there isn't one.

Because the morons put it on the peel-off lid which everyone throws away when it's opened.

• Like 1

Only really post on 4 forums, in the last 24 hours banned from 2 of them

banned.gif

cena.gif

Screenshot_20181127-190431.thumb.png.1c2d82a8637cc74c7eed5daf6c375db9.png

Landscape Radguy, landscape......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fuck yes, charon.   Well done.  :salute:

2 hours ago, charon said:

Only really post on 4 forums, in the last 24 hours banned from 2 of them

banned.gif

cena.gif

Screenshot_20181127-190431.thumb.png.1c2d82a8637cc74c7eed5daf6c375db9.png

Landscape Radguy, landscape......

If it's only 2 then you are going soft in your old age. :)

• Haha 1

I won't get banned from The Sporting Wing 28b48pf.gif lolzers and doubtful re here as I am calm and considered ffs :lol:

• Haha 1

When a chat you’re using quits working, and you can’t seem to figure out how to get back to that chat. That pisses me off so much...

The Shire makes me very sad at times.

52933000_391432214980782_5436003685500977152_o.thumb.jpg.e5e68d13b550a72fd05b24cc7181e5c1.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Angry 1

• Angry 1

Wood pigeons need to be a LOT higher on that list.  :axe:

Big clumsy noisy fuckers (literally, they breed all year round).

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Toast said:

Wood pigeons need to be a LOT higher on that list.  :axe:

Big clumsy noisy fuckers (literally, they breed all year round).

Got four regulars in my garden.

They make Johnny Vegas look like he needs a good meal.

I'm considering a pie.....:D

Wish we only had four.

They shit in the bird bath too.

We really ought to have a dedicated thread for annoying new idioms and general modern misuse of language.

Take this report on the BBC website (my bold):

"An Asian couple who tried to conceive through IVF has claimed that a mix-up at a California fertility clinic left them pregnant with the wrong children.

A lawsuit filed by the couple in New York states that the couple was shocked to give birth to two boys who were not of Asian descent, US media reported.

The lawsuit says DNA tests confirmed the children were not related to the couple and they relinquished custody.

The fertility clinic has not commented on the allegations.

The couple - identified in the lawsuit only as AP and YZ to minimise the "embarrassment and humiliation" - say they tried for years to get pregnant before spending more than $100,000 (£80,000) on the IVF, or in vitro fertilisation, including medication, laboratory fees, travel and other costs."

:bat:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

We really ought to have a dedicated thread for annoying new idioms and general modern misuse of language.

"An Asian couple who tried to conceive through IVF has claimed that a mix-up at a California fertility clinic left them pregnant with the wrong children.

A lawsuit filed by the couple in New York states that the couple was shocked to give birth to two boys who were not of Asian descent, US media reported.

The lawsuit says DNA tests confirmed the children were not related to the couple and they relinquished custody.

The couple - identified in the lawsuit only as AP and YZ to minimise the "embarrassment and humiliation" - say they tried for years to get pregnant before spending more than $100,000 (£80,000) on the IVF, or in vitro fertilisation, including medication, laboratory fees, travel and other costs."

Sorry what was wrong with it? :P

thomas-beatie.jpgSee the source image

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

We have one.  :)

• Thanks 1

0716-12.front__56606.1515612056_1280_1280.jpg.92f92848589d518358eceeea2e5c910a.jpg

Clearly designed by a right-handed elitist.

• Like 2

On 08/07/2019 at 17:59, Toast said:

I've a vague recollection of LFN starting a thread on this subject years ago.

19 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I've a vague recollection of LFN starting a thread on this subject years ago.

see Cat's post two back.

• Like 1

Nectar, and they can take Sainsburys with them.  :2guns:

Recently Nectar fucked up relaunched their website and their app, with the result that I, along with many others, found myself unable to log in to either.

"Sorry, we're having a problem registering your card at the moment"

"Oops, looks like there's a problem.  It's not you, it's us"

Followed by invitations to ring their friendly helpline, etc etc.  :bat:

I've been trying for FIVE FUCKING WEEKS to get this sorted out, because Sainsburys are about to have their annual DoubleUp promotion in which Nectar points are worth double their face value.  And unlike previous years, you can't swap your Nectar points for the necessary vouchers in store this time.  Only online.  And I can't get online.  :banghead:

After many many conversations with their friendly but useless staff - on the helpline, the chatline, and Facebook - all telling me that "the IT team are working on the problem and will be in touch"  (they never did) - plus a trip into Sainsburys which got me nowhere, plus emails to Sainsburys which only elicit stock replies proving the emails weren't read  (seriously, the whole thing could be solved by issuing vouchers instore to those people who are having problems getting online) ....

n050.gif  I HAD AN IDEA  n050.gif

"If  I applied for another card,"  I asked, "Is it possible to transfer the points from the old card?"

"Oh yes, no problem", came the reply.

:facepalm:

So those morons have been sitting on this simple solution for weeks while people have been tearing their hair out in frustration.

Because that worked.

Just got to hope nothing else goes wrong before I can cash in my points next week.  After that it'll be :smiley_f: to Nectar and Sainsburys.  I've lost the will to live.

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

Nectar, and they can take Sainsburys with them.  :2guns:

Recently Nectar fucked up relaunched their website and their app, with the result that I, along with many others, found myself unable to log in to either.

"Sorry, we're having a problem registering your card at the moment"

"Oops, looks like there's a problem.  It's not you, it's us"

Followed by invitations to ring their friendly helpline, etc etc.  :bat:

I've been trying for FIVE FUCKING WEEKS to get this sorted out, because Sainsburys are about to have their annual DoubleUp promotion in which Nectar points are worth double their face value.  And unlike previous years, you can't swap your Nectar points for the necessary vouchers in store this time.  Only online.  And I can't get online.  :banghead:

After many many conversations with their friendly but useless staff - on the helpline, the chatline, and Facebook - all telling me that "the IT team are working on the problem and will be in touch"  (they never did) - plus a trip into Sainsburys which got me nowhere, plus emails to Sainsburys which only elicit stock replies proving the emails weren't read  (seriously, the whole thing could be solved by issuing vouchers instore to those people who are having problems getting online) ....

n050.gif  I HAD AN IDEA  n050.gif

"If  I applied for another card,"  I asked, "Is it possible to transfer the points from the old card?"

"Oh yes, no problem", came the reply.

:facepalm:

So those morons have been sitting on this simple solution for weeks while people have been tearing their hair out in frustration.

Because that worked.

Just got to hope nothing else goes wrong before I can cash in my points next week.  After that it'll be :smiley_f: to Nectar and Sainsburys.  I've lost the will to live.

Mine works. :lol:

Fucking Amazon punters. 

I posted a question clearly addressed to the seller of an item.  I asked why they warned against using the item in a particular circumstance, because if there's a really really good reason then it won't be suitable for my requirements.   I suspect there isn't.  (This seller is on the ball as they reply to every question and every review, so I wasn't shouting into the dark. )

So far three dumb cunts have replied saying wtte "I don't know why they say that, but perhaps blah blah blah."

WHY WHY WHY do people respond to these questions when they don't know the answer? 

The fact people can’t just sit down and enjoy a film these days.

i have not yet seen the latest Star Wars films yet I see the super fans have decided to point out all the failures of plot holes etc. Just like the end of Games of Thones and all those wankers who complained endlessly about character arcs.

Its all fucking fiction. There was dragons, resurrections and magic!  Just enjoy it!

PS. I will accept Clone Wars was shite. 

38 minutes ago, Windsor said:

The fact people can’t just sit down and enjoy a film these days.

i have not yet seen the latest Star Wars films yet I see the super fans have decided to point out all the failures of plot holes etc. Just like the end of Games of Thones and all those wankers who complained endlessly about character arcs.

Its all fucking fiction. There was dragons, resurrections and magic!  Just enjoy it!

PS. I will accept Clone Wars was shite. 

There better not have been dragons, resurrection and magic in the latest star wars as that would be pissing on the canon from a great height (haven't fixed an appointment with the cinema yet).