12 minutes ago, msc said:

One of my biggest peeves with your TV game shows is the contestants who look at a question and go "Oh it was before my time..."

You're on a fucking quiz show! I was born in the fucking 80s and I know who the Prime Minister was during World War Two because I'm not a completely gormless idiot.

It's long been a virtual yellow card offence on Pointless.

• Like 1

I really hate those videos I see on news websites sent in from private individuals where the sides are blurred out and the centre bit is where the video is in focus, why do they even bother having those side panels?

Sports commentators/pundits/'experts' who are so teeth-grindingly, eye-gougingly annoying that they, for differing reasons, force me to either change channel or mute the TV. While there are countless others I loathe and believe my stick insect Dennis could improve on, only four truly fit the description to stand proudly on the podium of odium (in no particular order of fear and loathing):

Alan Green - hateful, arrogant, self-important, Northern Irish BBC football miserable know-it-all cunt.

John Gwynne - would-be Waddellian wordsmith who fell flat on his fat arse so often even Sky booted him to the darts margins. Can still accidentally be heard doing goal reports for the likes of Bradford fucking City, where he sadly survived the fire in 1985.

Carlton Kirby - Eurosport utter bellend, who mixes sheer incompetence and ignorance with a smug self-regard bigger than several planets. Whilst I believe the Kirby chuckle (aaaarrrgghhh!!!!) can also be found massacring motorsport,  the sport he ruins for me is cycling. That he makes even Sean Kelly sound bearable by comparison is all that need be said.

Matt Chapman - the new John McCririck and a blight on horse racing. I heard that the whole viewing public (both of them) voted him off Dancing on Ice commentary after like one whole week, but the racing bods seem to tolerate his boorish self-importance and petty spitefulness because he's a 'character'. Clarkson with hair gel.

I should probably have gone to rant with the psychopaths at is-a-cunt. com instead, but I enjoyed writing that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Matt Chapman - the new John McCririck and a blight on horse racing. I heard that the whole viewing public (both of them) voted him off Dancing on Ice commentary after like one whole week, but the racing bods seem to tolerate his boorish self-importance and petty spitefulness because he's a 'character'. Clarkson with hair gel.

You have to wonder - who the hell thought that we needed a "new John McCririck"?

I have no real opinion about her TV shows, and I can grudgingly accept every generation needs a YOOF documentary host who can at least try and widen the minds of the BBC 3 audience, but - Stacey Dooley's voice. 

• Like 3

The ever-increasing use of baby talk by adults.  Now pervading former bastions of grammar like the BBC.

"Poo" instead of saying excrement, faeces, stools, droppings, crap, shit etc

"Veggies".  FFS.  The traditional conversational abbreviation of vegetables is "veg".  As in "meat and two veg".

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Toast said:

The ever-increasing use of baby talk by adults.  Now pervading former bastions of grammar like the BBC.

"Veggies".  FFS.  The traditional conversational abbreviation of vegetables is "veg".  As in "meat and two veg".

Veggies are vegetarians, not vegetables, at least round that.  Couple that with this bit of info from the BBC Good Food site and I'm reminded of Soylent Green:

From pasta and pies to quiches, there's no end of ways to use roasted veg. Fill your oven with a big batch of veggies and you'll have easy meals on tap all week.

:o:D

A modest proposal!
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Toast said:

Are you a member of this forum, Toast?

Both of those examples are mentioned here.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,82031.0.html

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Standards are definitely dropping; at the weekend a BBC website report spoke about visitors and their 'barbeques'.

40 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Are you a member of this forum, Toast?

Both of those examples are mentioned here.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,82031.0.html

No ..... that's uncanny .....

But what's REALLY spooky is that there's a person on there posting in a name that I use on another forum

UQgq.gif

• Shocked 1

On 14/08/2020 at 10:34, time said:

Ignorant, lazy people on Facebook.

If you're on Facebook, you have the access to the whole world-wide web. F'kin use it before you post crap & misinformation.

I think I'll just amend this to people on Facebook, generally, plus expand it to include other social media sites generally. I don't think you can truly know someone until you see what they post on social media.

• Like 1

Broken glass on the footpaths.

Mostly from empty booze bottles, I fail to understand the drunks of today and their urge to smash the empty bottles right where people have to walk their dogs.

Even if it were not for the dog walkers, I still don't get why they need to break the bottles, it's not something I ever did when I was a drunk although I did about 90% of my drinking indoors.

• Like 1

That fucking "viral" cranberry juice Fleetwood Mac skateboarder. He comes anywhere near me with his inspirational west coast clearly-paid-by-marketing-forces shit, I'll give him a finger flip he can 180 on.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

That fucking "viral" cranberry juice Fleetwood Mac skateboarder. He comes anywhere near me with his inspirational west coast clearly-paid-by-marketing-forces shit, I'll give him a finger flip he can 180 on.

"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams

Do we have a dedicated thread for vile, evil, vicious cunts?

Selaine Saxby, MP for North Devon (Conservative - of course):

""I am delighted our local businesses have bounced back so much after lockdown they are able to give away food for free, and very much hope they will not be seeking any further government support."

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/selaine-saxby-free-school-meals-4637348

220px-Official_portrait_of_Selaine_Saxby

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selaine_Saxby

• Angry 2

33 minutes ago, Toast said:

Do we have a dedicated thread for vile, evil, vicious cunts?

Selaine Saxby, MP for North Devon (Conservative - of course):

""I am delighted our local businesses have bounced back so much after lockdown they are able to give away food for free, and very much hope they will not be seeking any further government support."

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/selaine-saxby-free-school-meals-4637348

220px-Official_portrait_of_Selaine_Saxby

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selaine_Saxby

What an arsehole. It’s like most of these hateful cunts get a sexual kick out of less privileged people suffering.

If the Tories even come close to winning the next election, this country is officially disgusting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

What an arsehole. It’s like most of these hateful cunts get a sexual kick out of less privileged people suffering.

If the Tories even come close to winning the next election, this country is officially disgusting.

I am surely not the only one who has looked at that pic and thought " Was she originally born with a set of bollocks?

• Haha 2

Bloody Rolls-Royce, their share rights issue thingy has fucked up my share holding and made a huge hole in my plans for another car.

It's October now,  with November coming up.  Leaves are falling off the trees in shedloads.  People need brooms, rakes, leaf-grabbers, and there's lots of other jobs to be done in the garden at this time.  I went to Wilkinsons yesterday because I needed a new pair of leaf-grabbers, only to find that they've cleared out ALL the garden stuff and filled the aisles with Christmas crap.  I don't need to go to B&M, Home Bargains, etc, because I know it will be the same. 

Fucking Christmas.  It's just a day!

I love Christmas, but for fuck sake this stuff shouldn’t be in the shops yet, it’s still weeks too early.

49 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I love Christmas, but for fuck sake this stuff shouldn’t be in the shops yet, it’s still weeks too early.

I don't mind some of it being on sale, it's unavoidable, but not at the expense of currently seasonal requirements.

It's like clothes - always on sale a season ahead of when you need them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toast said:

I don't mind some of it being on sale, it's unavoidable, but not at the expense of currently seasonal requirements.

It's like clothes - always on sale a season ahead of when you need them. 

It’s fucking irritating.  The man who is lucky enough to live with me has his birthday in December but I’m fucked if I can ever find him a decent card because apparently there’s only one fat bearded twat with a massive sack allowed to celebrate in December and that’s Santa. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

For people who are paid monthly. This is the last but one payday before Christmas. If you need to budget the shopping should have started before now.

Christmas is fucked anyway.

19 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

For people who are paid monthly. This is the last but one payday before Christmas. If you need to budget the shopping should have started before now.

Money can be set aside.  In a piggy bank or a separate savings account.  It doesn't have to be spent at once. 

In the case of Wilkos, it's mostly Christmas decorations, tinsel and tat, not exactly essential, and can't that wait a few weeks so we can buy a bit of garden twine and a pop-up leaf bag when we need them?

• Like 1