It may surprise learned friends of the forum that I am not overly critical of Nicola Sturgeon's tyranny with the COIVD-19.

What is starting to get on my tits are the loyal cybernats who feel the need to praise her for locking them in their hoose for a month. 

"You're doing it for us, Nicola". "The measures should be stricter, Nicola". "We're so lucky, Nicola". 

If she went round their house and gave them a Glasgow kiss they would be right on the Facebook showing off their blackeyes as some sort of honour.

Yet it is the Unionists who are the sheep. Baaaa.

Waking up late. I hate waking up past 10:00am so much. It makes the day disappear so much quicker. Plus I am after missing my Zoom meetings for my college which sucks.

1 hour ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Plus I am after missing my Zoom meetings

Such a typically French idiom  :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

Such a typically French idiom  :lol:

Aye, and they learn to speak and write in 'American' English too....:rolleyes:

Ed Sheeran. I’d rather tear my eyelids off and scrunch them into fucking earplugs than listen to his new song ever again.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

5 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Ed Sheeran. I’d rather tear my eyelids off and scrunch them into fucking earplugs than listen to his new song ever again.

I haven't even heard yet and I agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The neighbour in the flat upstairs constantly flouts the COVID-19 restrictions by inviting friends back to her place thus I have to put up with music and her extremely irritating, forced laugh from her which I can distinctly hear wherever I am in my flat.

I'm not one for grassing on neighbours - after all we have to live beside each other. But it is a very annoying laugh...

On 16/01/2021 at 15:10, Windsor said:

The neighbour in the flat upstairs constantly flouts the COVID-19 restrictions by inviting friends back to her place thus I have to put up with music and her extremely irritating, forced laugh from her which I can distinctly hear wherever I am in my flat.

I'm not one for grassing on neighbours - after all we have to live beside each other. But it is a very annoying laugh...

^^^ How Windsor feels about that laugh, cringing at the first decibel, SirC feels this exact way every time he sees posts by YoungWills, Ulitzer, and Paul Bearer.

7 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

^^^ How Windsor feels about that laugh, cringing at the first decibel, SirC feels this exact way every time he sees posts by YoungWills, Ulitzer, and Paul Bearer.

1464251838_open_goal_MAIN.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now THAT, would be a big miss.

• Like 1

I follow the Royal Family on Facebook because they are just lovely!

The comments left though are, on the whole, quite fucking irritating. All’s it takes is for one unfortunate poster to mix HRH titles with HM titles and they all pounce! THAT TITLE BELONGS TO THE QUEEN! And then they explain it in the most pompous way possible, taking sharp inhales of their own farts as they go.

My most favourite posts are the ones which involve anything to do with the Duchess of Cornwall. Even if she personally discovered the cure for cancer, if she is in the picture the Diana fans would react with angry face emojis. The reason they are my most favourite is I hate Diana fans and enjoy replying to their deranged comments usually along the following lines:

Allegation: Diana died because of you!

My usual reply: the paparazzi didn’t chase her down that tunnel because Camilla wanted photos of Diana. They did it because obsessed fans like you wanted more pictures.

Allegation: When middle aged women note that Camilla is fat and ugly compared to Diana.

My reply: It was comments like that which led to Diana spewing up her ringer on a regular basis. 

Through these efforts I’m hopeful of an MBE from King Charlie...because clearly they read the comments section.

• Like 3

Made the mistake of reading Twitter regarding Joe Biden.

There are some real stupid fuckers.

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

first time on twitter?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, time said:

first time on twitter?

I've had an account for years but rarely use it.

I think I will continue that habit. :D

• Like 1

Just noticed my brother-in-law stumping for Trump on a Facebook comments section.

How mortifying...

• Sad 1

The Queensferry Crossing has been closed in both directions due to the risk of falling ice.

The Scottish government touted this bridge as a symbol for what an independent Scotland could do but wait a minute, ice on a bridge in Scotland, who thought that could ever happen?

Time to quit fish face.

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

The Scottish government touted this bridge as a symbol for what an independent Scotland could do but wait a minute, ice on a bridge in Scotland, who thought that could ever happen?

Time to quit fish face.

Careful now. You'll have the thought police at your door.

The woman can do no wrong.

Amazon have stopped me from leaving reviews, because I haven't spent £40 with them in a year.  Or so they think.

Actually I have, but my friend orders for me on his Prime account so they come post-free and quicker.  Nothing wrong with that, a Prime account covers everyone in the household which we sort of are.

I don't often leave reviews, but I do sometimes leave comments on reviews, and I can't even do that now.  Bloody annoying.

or even comments on reviews

Motorists that park across the entrance to footpaths with no consideration for the poor old guy walking his dog that has to try to find a way past the car without scratching it, something that I have now given up trying to do.

I just read that the production of Bitcoins demands as much electricity as Norway.

Something is seriously wrong with us as a species.

Such an economic waste, the sole purpose is to get money out of nothing. 

And so indicative of every economic bubble, i.e. pricing goods according to speculation but without an economic need.

Regular currencies are backed by the economic power of their countries, but Bitcoin? Probably powered by its purchasing power, too, which is not countries, but in the end, illegal businesses. 

34 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I just read that the production of Bitcoins demands as much electricity as Norway.

Something is seriously wrong with us as a species.

Such an economic waste, the sole purpose is to get money out of nothing. 

And so indicative of every economic bubble, i.e. pricing goods according to speculation but without an economic need.

Regular currencies are backed by the economic power of their countries, but Bitcoin? Probably powered by its purchasing power, too, which is not countries, but in the end, illegal businesses. 

Coincidentally...

• Like 1

On 19/01/2021 at 22:14, Windsor said:

Americans?

The growth of supposedly 'vox pop' stories on BBC (and probably other sites) that are nothing but 'Influencers' and minor media types promoting themselves.

This is a prime example on BBC today. May be an age thing, but I don't 'get' the whole influencer thing at all. Why would someone (say) book a hotel just because someone else (usually a moderately attractive if over made up woman with suspiciously perfect teeth) has managed to blag herself a freebie stay there in exchange for writing a 5* review about it on some social media site? 

If Douglas Adams was writing about the 'useless third of the population' today (see 'Hitch-hiker's guide to the Galaxy' for the uninitiated) he'd have 'Influencers' at the top of the list.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

(usually a moderately attractive if over made up woman with suspiciously perfect teeth)

Like, say, Judith Chalmers?

Same as it ever was in some ways.

Being of a similar vintage I do actually agree with you though. But, since I refuse to watch any TV news at all finding the whole thing too dumbed down, laborious, populist and indeed vox-pop'd I'm less exposed to that variation than many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Like, say, Judith Chalmers?

Same as it ever was in some ways.

Being of a similar vintage I do actually agree with you though. But, since I refuse to watch any TV news at all finding the whole thing too dumbed down, laborious, populist and indeed vox-pop'd I'm less exposed to that variation than many.

I don't watch it either, but this sort of thing is plastered all over the BBC News site every day, masquerading as news items.