4 minutes ago, Toast said:

Nah, the poor sods are under orders to say it.  Same at WH Smith, always trying to sell us choocolate.

They must hate it as much as we do.

True.

I was just teasing.:D

On 29/06/2020 at 13:36, time said:

People who use the word 'doggo' when referring to canine animals. They're dogs for fuck's sake, and you're an adult. Grow up.

Came here to say this, saw I'd already said it.

But while we're at it, those that say 'fur baby', 'forever home' and 'rainbow bridge' can get in there as well.

I don't dislike dogs, I just don't get why certain people (all over social media) have that certain mindset.

• Like 1

I do try to include Yass Queen more into my speech. Almost blurted it out to my boss when she announced a financial Corona bonus.

6 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Verrucas.  Just fucking verrucas.  

I remember having one under my big toe, in the fleshy bit between it and the flat of my foot, when I was about 10.

Once a week ( I think) I went in to school late after my regular appointment with the chiropodist that my mum would take me to.

I'm fucked if I know what he used on it, napalm perhaps, but it burnt like an utter bastard which, for a 10yr old, was unbearable.

I once had a monster verrucca on my heel - it was a multiple job, like a cauliflower.  I was about 13.  Chiropodist gave me a bottle of napalm too, and a plaster.

I had to soak my foot in the liquid (I don't remember it stinging, but it might have done), stick the plaster over the cauliflower and leave it for a week , or summat.

When I peeled it off, the whole verrucca came with it.  It looked like a mountain range sitting on the plaster.  And matching holes in my foot which were alarmingly deep.

It all healed over pretty quick though.

West Berkshire Council.

For many reasons, but this -

Wow.  Just wow.  What utter cunts.

Fury as West Berkshire Council charges Newbury's vaccination volunteers thousands of pounds to park

VOLUNTEERS at Newbury’s new vaccination hub have reportedly been furious after West Berkshire Council insisted they pay full price for parking at the Kennet Shopping centre.

The council’s refusal to grant parking concessions was threatening the coronavirus booster jab roll-out, a team leader warned this week.

Zohib Sheikh, in charge of the vaccination team at the Kennet Shopping centre’s new, larger hub, revealed his volunteer staff have been having to stump up £9.20 each, per shift.

So far, it is estimated that West Berkshire Council has been paid at least £8,000 by the volunteers, based on the number who parked in the Kennet Shopping centre car park.

Mr Sheikh said on Monday: “We’ve tried and tried to get some concession from the council, who own the Kennet Centre car park. 

“But they’ve flat out refused.

“Having to pay to give your labour free is putting some people off and it’s seriously holding us back from helping during a pandemic.”

On Tuesday, council leader Lynne Doherty (Con, Newbury Speen) offered to temporarily waive parking fees over Christmas if volunteers use the nearby station car park.*

But the council will not reimburse volunteers for the thousands already spent.

https://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/fury-as-council-charges-newburys-vaccination-volunteers-tho-9229725/

There's NO free parking in Newbury.  You don't get an hour or two free as most other local market towns give.  You can't nip into the bank or even return a library book without being robbed by WBC.  Consequently it's not a town I visit very often.

* The station is a seven-minute walk away.

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

West Berkshire Council.

For many reasons, but this -

Wow.  Just wow.  What utter cunts.

Fury as West Berkshire Council charges Newbury's vaccination volunteers thousands of pounds to park

VOLUNTEERS at Newbury’s new vaccination hub have reportedly been furious after West Berkshire Council insisted they pay full price for parking at the Kennet Shopping centre.

The council’s refusal to grant parking concessions was threatening the coronavirus booster jab roll-out, a team leader warned this week.

Zohib Sheikh, in charge of the vaccination team at the Kennet Shopping centre’s new, larger hub, revealed his volunteer staff have been having to stump up £9.20 each, per shift.

So far, it is estimated that West Berkshire Council has been paid at least £8,000 by the volunteers, based on the number who parked in the Kennet Shopping centre car park.

Mr Sheikh said on Monday: “We’ve tried and tried to get some concession from the council, who own the Kennet Centre car park. 

“But they’ve flat out refused.

“Having to pay to give your labour free is putting some people off and it’s seriously holding us back from helping during a pandemic.”

On Tuesday, council leader Lynne Doherty (Con, Newbury Speen) offered to temporarily waive parking fees over Christmas if volunteers use the nearby station car park.*

But the council will not reimburse volunteers for the thousands already spent.

https://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/fury-as-council-charges-newburys-vaccination-volunteers-tho-9229725/

There's NO free parking in Newbury.  You don't get an hour or two free as most other local market towns give.  You can't nip into the bank or even return a library book without being robbed by WBC.  Consequently it's not a town I visit very often.

* The station is a seven-minute walk away.

I understand people have the desire to help but why the fuck would you continue to do so by paying through the nose for that honour.

There is something a bit moronic in that, I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

Oh, just scroll past them, The Old Crem. 

I'm amazed there aren't more tattoo places in Ireland called ""Conas atá tú?"

• Like 1

This kind of shite.

thumbnail_IMG_20211216_115122.jpg

Many homes are adorned with this kind of sugary sweet sickly bollocks.

Like, what's the fucking point.

An utter puke fest.

• Like 3

......and another thing.

This load of old shit.

download (1).jpg

As a kid I never did get that seasonal wank called 'Holiday on Ice' which was advertised all over ITV leading up to Christmas.

I thought that the idea of having to sit through performances with people dressed like famous story characters while poncing around on ice skates was gut wrenchingly boring.

I still do.

• Like 1

Yes, I vaguely remember being taken to see something-or-other On Ice at what was then called the Empire Pool*, Wembley.

Many years later I went there again to see The Cure.  You can guess which I enjoyed more.

* I do recall being mightily perplexed about why they called it a pool.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes, I vaguely remember being taken to see something-or-other On Ice at what was then called the Empire Pool*, Wembley.

Many years later I went there again to see The Cure.  You can guess which I enjoyed more.

* I do recall being mightily perplexed about why they called it a pool.

Yes, I can vaguely recall it being called a pool.

Pity it wasn't really, they would have had to cancel the ice shows.

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes, I can vaguely recall it being called a pool.

Pity it wasn't really, they would have had to cancel the ice shows.

I think there actually was a swimming pool underneath, used for the Olympic Games.  Might still be there for all I know.

• Like 1

Fast fact: we live in room 101.

People who say “Christmas Eve Eve”.

What a shame they weren’t drowned at birth.

55 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yeah but what about people telling folk called Eve that 'tomorrow is Christmas Eve, Eve'.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Agreed, the only correct thing to say is Christmas Adam since Adam came before Eve.

:duck:

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Agreed, the only correct thing to say is Christmas Adam since Adam came before Eve.

Not your finest work here, Joey. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Yep.

You can follow my entry into Room 101.

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

Local newspapers and click bate.

I know my home City can be a bit of shit tip but did I miss a disaster last night?!??

26821E86-0E35-45CF-84B6-88BD8CB4A933.png

How would you know the difference?

• Haha 1

On 14/11/2021 at 18:26, Toast said:

Nah, the poor sods are under orders to say it.  Same at WH Smith, always trying to sell us choocolate.

They must hate it as much as we do.

Just to burst your bubble, I've never been upsold aftershave in any shop I've ever been into, you might want to wash more thoroughly or next time they'll be upselling you femfresh....