7 hours ago, time said:

Also, these mattresses youget on approval for 30/100/whatever days, what happens to the ones that get returned to the manufacturers?

Cleaned and repackaged, is my guess. 

Every time we stay in a hotel we sleep on a mattress that hundreds of other people have slept on, so it's not that icky when you think about it.

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I was just pulling your leg.

Though I did wonder whether you were recognising the recovered fibres from mattresses could be used to produce the fibre insulation that is used to give the thermal comfort in winter clothing.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Though I did wonder whether you were recognising the recovered fibres from mattresses could be used to produce the fibre insulation that is used to give the thermal comfort in winter clothing.

That was my first thought too :facepalm: although rather more simply expressed in my head as "They recycle them as anoraks!"

• Haha 1

Crossover episodes. I can see the appeal of them for programme makers, and they're probably fine for regular broadcast TV, but for binge-watching old stuff on streaming services (like I do) it doesn't work. It's annoying to watch an episode of something then find the concluding part is an episode of a different programme that isn't being streamed anywhere. 

• Like 1

Tesco have introduced two-step verification before I can look at my Clubcard account.

FFS, it's just a few pounds worth of shopping vouchers.  :banghead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ahahaha, 

I just redeemed one on my phone which I've not done before so I asked, knowing it was bound to be a faff. Young assistant says just scan it after the pay screen comes up (I use that hand held scanner system) so I do, and it scans the code on the phone and then says, and I'm not kidding here:- "insert voucher" :rolleyes:

Assistant says have you got an odd bit of paper it'll take anything. No says I, I thought the whole point was not to use paper. Duh.

Oh and a succession of their current and past MD's and CFO's just got record pay-outs, unlike the staff or indeed customers faced with price rises. 

Joyous times.

I use mine to buy a railcard every year.  A £30 railcard is only £10 worth of Clubcard vouchers so it's a fantastic deal.  You do it all online so no faffing about with actual vouchers.

So to make sure I can accumulate a tenners worth I don't spend them on anything else - just keep an eye on the expiry dates. 

Ridiculous amount of security though, just to do that.

• Like 1

Mini roundabouts and entitled tossers approaching them.

Today I approached a mini roundabout to turn left.  As  I reached the roundabout I saw that the car on my right was also indicating to turn left, into the road I was leaving.

So I carried on turning left.  Both of us would have been on the roundabout for no more than two seconds, and simultaneously. 

So no problem, nobody inconvenienced.

Except for the cunt who roared up behind me honking his horn.  He must have been behind the car that turned left, therefore not on the roundabout when I entered it.

What are the odds that the tosser had failed to notice that it was a mini roundabout? 

Watching a YouTube video essay on the topic, I was reminded how I don't think I've ever hated a TV show more than That's Life. Willing to bet the rent that when you finally get to hell, Cyril Fletcher is the first person to greet you.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Watching a YouTube video essay on the topic, I was reminded how I don't think I've ever hated a TV show more than That's Life. Willing to bet the rent that when you finally get to hell, Cyril Fletcher is the first person to greet you.

Unless, of course, you know different!

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Love Island.

Unfortunately it’s starting again next week. More of my friends watch it than don’t, so I’ll be hearing about it incessantly. I’d rather smear my eyeballs with arse curry.

You know when you're on your computer and you have multiple browser tabs open as well as numerous other apps, and you hear an alert/chime and don't know where its from?

That can get in room 101.

“Platty Joobs”, as this weekend is increasingly and sickeningly being called. 

:puke::puke::puke:

My Grandmother lived in room 101 of her nursing home which inspired many jokes within the family .

8 hours ago, TQR said:

“Platty Joobs”, as this weekend is increasingly and sickeningly being called. 

:puke::puke::puke:

I suspect its because people can't generally spell platinum or jubilee. I've seen some interesting combinations on social media.

Platinum Jubilee = 6 syllables

Platty Joob = 3 syllables

Time-saving or lazy, you decide.

On 13/05/2022 at 15:46, Toast said:

Tesco have introduced two-step verification before I can look at my Clubcard account.

FFS, it's just a few pounds worth of shopping vouchers.  :banghead:

And now I have to wait for a texted security code just to open Ebay.

FFS.

If I buy anything I'll do it through Paypal, and they'll do the verification, so there's really  no need for this.  Entering username and password should be enough for browsing, but now I have to go and find my mobile phone, switch it on, remember its bloody passcode .....  :bat:

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

And now I have to wait for a texted security code just to open Ebay.

FFS.

If I buy anything I'll do it through Paypal, and they'll do the verification, so there's really  no need for this.  Entering username and password should be enough for browsing, but now I have to go and find my mobile phone, switch it on, remember its bloody passcode .....  :bat:

Happened to me too.

More and more extra layers of security now.

Possibly, although I could be very wrong, could it have been a recent update, cookie deletion etc that has caused it to require more proof?

Maybe?

Stagecoach!!!!

Just dropped the car at the garage. Walked to the bus stop and saw there was a bus in 10 mins. Checked the app. Bus cancelled next one 30 minutes later.

I only use the bus about half a dozen times a year and each time I do I realise why

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Stagecoach!!!!

Just dropped the car at the garage. Walked to the bus stop and saw there was a bus in 10 mins. Checked the app. Bus cancelled next one 30 minutes later.

I only use the bus about half a dozen times a year and each time I do I realise why

Where I live the bus service only goes to one town.  It used to connect two towns, but they stopped that and it only goes as far as our village now.

And the last bus home is at 6 pm, so no chance of using public transport to go out for the evening. 

Still, it is handy for when the car needs work, that's when I use it too.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2020 at 16:38, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Sports commentators/pundits/'experts' who are so teeth-grindingly, eye-gougingly annoying that they, for differing reasons, force me to either change channel or mute the TV. While there are countless others I loathe and believe my stick insect Dennis could improve on, only four truly fit the description to stand proudly on the podium of odium (in no particular order of fear and loathing):

Alan Green - hateful, arrogant, self-important, Northern Irish BBC football miserable know-it-all cunt.

John Gwynne - would-be Waddellian wordsmith who fell flat on his fat arse so often even Sky booted him to the darts margins. Can still accidentally be heard doing goal reports for the likes of Bradford fucking City, where he sadly survived the fire in 1985.

Carlton Kirby - Eurosport utter bellend, who mixes sheer incompetence and ignorance with a smug self-regard bigger than several planets. Whilst I believe the Kirby chuckle (aaaarrrgghhh!!!!) can also be found massacring motorsport,  the sport he ruins for me is cycling. That he makes even Sean Kelly sound bearable by comparison is all that need be said.

Matt Chapman - the new John McCririck and a blight on horse racing. I heard that the whole viewing public (both of them) voted him off Dancing on Ice commentary after like one whole week, but the racing bods seem to tolerate his boorish self-importance and petty spitefulness because he's a 'character'. Clarkson with hair gel.

I should probably have gone to rant with the psychopaths at is-a-cunt. com instead, but I enjoyed writing that.

One down…

Hottest day of the year and someone decided to go and do some muck spreading.

People who are unnecessarily slow. Again, particularly at checkouts.

New one yesterday where a gentleman asked for 6 cheap bags to put his shopping in. Took him an age to get the bag separated/opened. Left it on the ground and then literally put no more than 4 items in it. Then went through the same process 5 more times. Then came to paying where it took it another age to fish the money out. 

I was very discourteous and didn't wait for him to get all of his 6 bags gathered (which was another age) and purchased my three items while he was scrambling around trying to line up the 12 handles of his 6 poly bags on the floor. I left the shop before him. 

So it's other customers right? The policy of keeping just enough staff on the till to cause queues in the first place doesn't get a look in eh? 

Lidl and Aldi are the absolute worst for this, you can see its policy not how busy the place is. 

Don't get me wrong, people who are somehow surprised and need to root around in their wallet/phone/purse/bumbag at the last second as if being asked to pay having had the lot scanned was somehow a massive surprise also get on my tits. But too often we forget where the major cause of the issue lies - if you're kept waiting, you might impulse buy one of those items on the shelves just preceding the till, or even go around again in the hopes you won't stand bored and waiting.

Rants, here, right?

On 10/07/2022 at 00:00, En Passant said:

So it's other customers right? The policy of keeping just enough staff on the till to cause queues in the first place doesn't get a look in eh? 

Lidl and Aldi are the absolute worst for this, you can see its policy not how busy the place is. 

Don't get me wrong, people who are somehow surprised and need to root around in their wallet/phone/purse/bumbag at the last second as if being asked to pay having had the lot scanned was somehow a massive surprise also get on my tits. But too often we forget where the major cause of the issue lies - if you're kept waiting, you might impulse buy one of those items on the shelves just preceding the till, or even go around again in the hopes you won't stand bored and waiting.

Rants, here, right?

It was the customer. 

I was the only person waiting behind him. It didn’t merit any other staff under normal circumstances.