People that say “The powers to be” instead of “The powers that be”.

I work with one.

What a fucking idiot. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gunjaman5000 said:

I work with one.

What a fucking idiot. 

That’s a new one on me, but I don’t like it so I’ll bitchslap anyone I catch saying it from now on.

On 01/06/2022 at 20:41, Sean said:

My Grandmother lived in room 101 of her nursing home which inspired many jokes within the family .

My dad was inside (room) No. 9!

• Like 1

On 15/07/2022 at 14:14, Gunjaman5000 said:

I work with one.

What a fucking idiot. 

How long have you been back?

I thought you were dead.

The Commonwealth Games.

They have become the Scottish Nationalists’ wet dream.

Dating. 

Haven’t been on a proper date for over 5 years and to be honest I’m fairly none plused either way.

I ain’t putting out tonight either. Haven’t the time or thought to start trimming the forest- actually is private hair in or out at the moment? I get so confused. 

25 minutes ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

actually is private hair in or out at the moment?

A bit of manscaping is cool. Not a blank canvas, but not ZZ Top in a kneelock either.

When restaurants write "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" or "CONGRATULATIONS" in chocolate sauce next to the dessert. 

Is that a hint? :D

The think most irking me at the moment is every commentator tripping over themselves to be sure to call Camilla Queen-Consort or Queen-Consort Camilla.

Queen Elizabeth consort of George VI

Queen Mary consort of George V

Queen Alexandra consort of Edward VII

Queen Adelade consort of William IV

Queen Caroline consort of George IV

All consorts. But styled Queen.

Is it just so long since we have had a King and Queen?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Windsor said:

The think most irking me at the moment is every commentator tripping over themselves to be sure to call Camilla Queen-Consort or Queen-Consort Camilla.

Hopefully it’ll settle after the funeral.  The media treat us all like morons and they probably think people are going to hear “queen” and think QEII’s done a Lazarus.

Yes, I think referring to Camilla alone as "the Queen" at the moment will lead to confusion with the late Queen.

But they shouldn't have a problem with saying "the King and Queen" as this phrase hasn't been current for 70 years.

The TV show Celebrity SAS or whatever it's called. In fact any piece of cultural product where an ex-SAS, or SEAL or any country's special forces member tries to play the hard man but instead comes across more like Brian Glover in Kes than R Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket

• Like 1

Dating. 

What a shame you can’t give people a public review on sexual performance. Because the last one whilst being relatively good looking was a terrible experience. Mr I Win I Win.

I didn’t get to win once….. 

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Sally Lindsay as the new Pointless assistant. I did give her the benefit of the doubt for 12 minutes, but no.

Oh god no - I hadn’t seen she was the chosen replacement and I didn’t see it but just no.

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Sally Lindsay as the new Pointless assistant. I did give her the benefit of the doubt for 12 minutes, but no.

Are they experimenting with different co-hosts ala Dictionary Corner?

But she is awful

10 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Are they experimenting with different co-hosts ala Dictionary Corner?

But she is awful

Apparently so, about 8 of them, some of whom seem a more reasonable choice. But chemistry is an elusive thing; even though I wasn’t a big Deayton fan, HIGNFY wasn’t the same without him to kick around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Apparently so, about 8 of them, some of whom seem a more reasonable choice. But chemistry is an elusive thing; even though I wasn’t a big Deayton fan, HIGNFY wasn’t the same without him to kick around.

They did the same on Radio 4 with I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue and Just A Minute and eventually they settled on good hosts so I'll give each one a go but Sally has not done well so far.

18 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I'm the same with the entire ITV  racing team spoiled by childish shite. IMHO.Unwatchable even with the sound off.

5 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

I'm the same with the entire ITV  racing team spoiled by childish shite. IMHO.Unwatchable even with the sound off.

Matt Chapman is hands down the worst person on UK television. Yet they won't kick him out, as the Dancing On Ice people did after ONE episode. If Ryan Moore (any jockey really) wasn't a midget, I'm sure he'd have decked him by now.

• Thanks 1

On 21/09/2022 at 12:02, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Matt Chapman is hands down the worst person on UK television. Yet they won't kick him out, as the Dancing On Ice people did after ONE episode.

Exactly it's become The Matt Chapman show. The cunt's on  they are also in loads of Bookie Ads.

The fact that I got an ESPN+ (disney+/hulu) package to specifically watch tennis, and they won't show anything besides the early rounds/children.
I called to ask where my matches were, and they suggested I check out the infinite Marvel movies on disney+ instead.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lilham said:

The fact that I got an ESPN+ (disney+/hulu) package to specifically watch tennis, and they won't show anything besides the early rounds/children.
I called to ask where my matches were, and they suggested I check out the infinite Marvel movies on disney+ instead.

The streaming service situation, especially in the U.S, infuriates me.

You are telling me every sport is on a different service, some of which still restrict by location? Not to mention they don't have recordings you can watch later, unlick cable which has the ability to record programming. They all continually raise their prices, they all continue to incorporate advertisements throughout the service, and they all divide up shows/movies to the point of ludicrous levels. Now we have HBO Max with Discovery+ merging and Disney+ with Hulu merging, which may seem positive till you see the new prices! 

I don't have much faith in humanity in general, but holy fuck. They have ruined what was an amazing concept started over a decade ago. I'm getting to the point of just cancelling everything. It's gotten worse than cable was.

• Like 1

No matter how much of a wanker I may be, at least I'm not this much of a wanker.