10 minutes ago, Windsor said:

No matter how much of a wanker I may be, at least I'm not this much of a wanker.

We all know that she'll have dictated most of it anyway.

• Like 2

On 20/09/2022 at 17:39, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Sally Lindsay as the new Pointless assistant. I did give her the benefit of the doubt for 12 minutes, but no.

Having given her a few viewings, I agree. Hosting/co-hosting quiz/game shows is a definite talent that not everyone possesses. She also, at times, comes across as a bit too fangirlish. Plus, she can't read an autocue/laptop without it sounding like shes reading, and demonstrates lack of preparation with her delivery (see also Ann Robinson) such that it comes across stilted and full of mispronunciations. (e,g. Jean Dujardin pronounced as in Harlow, rather than Luc Godard).

She was pretty good with that St. Winifred's thing though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time said:

Having given her a few viewings, I agree. Hosting/co-hosting quiz/game shows is a definite talent that not everyone possesses. She also, at times, comes across as a bit too fangirlish. Plus, she can't read an autocue/laptop without it sounding like shes reading, and demonstrates lack of preparation with her delivery (see also Ann Robinson) such that it comes across stilted and full of mispronunciations. (e,g. Jean Dujardin pronounced as in Harlow, rather than Luc Godard).

....but apart from that all ok?

• Like 1

Tonight’s episode of Dr Who.

We know she regenerates.

We know who she regenerates to.

We know what baddies are turning up.

We know which surprise oldies are turning up.

What’s the actual fucking point of wasting 90 minutes when we already broadly know what happens? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

We know she regenerates.

What’s the actual fucking point of wasting 90 minutes when we already broadly know what happens? 

I know  nothing i haven't wasted my life with this.

• Like 1

Well, this is how the series will go.

We will be given a lecture on us all destroying the planet through climate change, we will be taught that we are all racists, we will learn all about LGBT ( or is that MGB GT ) issues and, ultimately, we will discover that the Daleks are just misunderstood because they were raised in abject poverty by single Dalek parents under an evil Tory regime.

As for pure escapism entertainment, you can fucking forget that.

Watch the ratings drop into the abyss.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

We know she regenerates.

Everyone knows the football results but Match of the Day still gets an audience. Its the journey, not the destination, or summat.

• Like 2

Doctor Who is the BBC's only long running drama. Its cultural impact goes way beyond what is currently on screen. I think people are hoping for a Finale which justifies what has gone before. I do not have high hopes but the brand will go on.

• Like 2

Text laughter in its newest form.

We’re familiar with ‘hahaha’ and ‘lol’ and the handful of emojis that denote laughter, which we’ve learned to accept (even when the hilarious thing barely raised a smile). 

But now people laugh like this: “Nahhh dead”, “I’m deceased”, “Finished” or similar, or simply a series of skull emojis.

Rubbish.

• Like 1

Halloween. 

The only day of the year where being a known sex offender must be handy! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Halloween.

The only day of the year where being a known sex offender must be handy! 

I don't mind it. I quite like carving a pumpkin.  It's outside on a table with some sweets, so there's no need for the kids to knock on the door.

• Like 1

The trapdoor under the welcome mat with the curare tipped bamboo shoots caused a bit of consternation last year, not seen them so far this.

Actually, the thing I dislike about it most is it's yet another American import. And as with most of those there's a commercial reason for it - that part pisses me off.

• Like 1

Janey Godley 

I see she suggests we can’t think Harry Meghan are cunts because Prince Andrew.

I was tempted to reply to her tweet by saying that he could rehabilitate his ‘career’ by getting cancer, making a big deal of it, then not dying. 

Mind you, considering the fact Godley was a much maligned racist before the whole cancer thing she daren’t not be #TeamSussex. 

Cunt. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Janey Godley

I see she suggests we can’t think Harry Meghan are cunts because Prince Andrew.

I was tempted to reply to her tweet by saying that he could rehabilitate his ‘career’ by getting cancer, making a big deal of it, then not dying.

Mind you, considering the fact Godley was a much maligned racist before the whole cancer thing she daren’t not be #TeamSussex.

Cunt. 

People forget that the only allegations against Andrew that have been proved are that he is an arrogant, obnoxious, unpleasant arsehole.  Which is nasty, but not illegal.

• Like 1

Bloody Wikipedia.  After days of having to navigate begging notices plastered all over the pages I gave in yesterday and bunged them a small donation, thinking that it would stop.

It hasn't .  Still spammed on every visit.  I won't make that mistake again.

• Like 1

I don’t like how we all have to praise NHS workers and ‘first responders’ blindly as being amazing and worth their weight in gold. 

It was their career choices, let them get on with it I say! 

• Like 1

People who describe a meal as ‘beautiful’.

I’m only happy they ate it and didn’t shag the plate…

I don’t like how we all have to praise NHS workers and ‘first responders’ blindly as being amazing and worth their weight in gold. 

You don't. 

Twat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

Twat.

See the pressure to conform to seeing them as saints?

But why? They are paid employees doing a job. If they didn’t want that job, other careers are available. 

23 minutes ago, Windsor said:

See the pressure to conform to seeing them as saints?

But why? They are paid employees doing a job. If they didn’t want that job, other careers are available. 

You have no empathy, you just run on hatred, so there’s need to further explain to you why you’re wrong.

1 hour ago, time said:
3 hours ago, Windsor said:

You don't. 

I never did that clapping thing.  It was utter cringe and no help to anyone.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

You have no empathy, you just run on hatred, so there’s need to further explain to you why you’re wrong.

I will remind you that what brings us together is a common interest in predicting who will die in a coming year. 

I fail to see how you can lecture me or anyone else about empathy, given our mutual interest here.

You can’t explain why I’m wrong, because I’m right. NHS workers are not volunteers. They get paid to do a job, as per their contracts. 

I will remind you that what brings us together is a common interest in predicting who will die in a coming year. 

I fail to see how you can lecture me or anyone else about empathy, given our mutual interest here.

You can’t explain why I’m wrong, because I’m right. NHS workers are not volunteers. They get paid to do a job, as per their contracts. 

That much is true, but if your pay is devalued, or your working conditions have significantly deteriorated since you signed that contract you have a legitimate grievance. Contracts are between two parties.

• Like 1

I can, and you’re uncomfortable with it. Time has done half of it for me. Couple that with the fact that they work 14+ hour shifts on a regular basis, particularly during the pandemic, saving lives, for a third of the money that MPs earn to fuck lives up.

Thank fuck there are people like nurses and healthcare workers; we’re fucked without them and they’ve been treated like shit and taken for granted for far too long. How can you not see that?

You’re reaching for what this site entails to justify your shortcomings, knowing full well you’re talking bollocks as per.

• Like 1