The pharmacy is playing Schrodinger's with this inhaler device I need to pick up.

They text me that I need to come pick it up. But call my doctor's office saying there's a nationwide shortage and zero pharmacies have them.

So I have to go in today to see if it exists.

This particular pharmacy has a habit of not answering the phone and when they do, telling you that you're not in their system (without asking your name or date of birth), and when you demand they take that information, they tell you that you've ruined their day. I think they're dipping into their own supply.

• Like 1

The new system Royal Mail has for redelivering parcels the next day. 

Not very handy if you work 9-5 Monday to Friday. Much easier just to take a ticket to the depot…

I'd just like to find somewhere where I don't have to read about Philip Schofield

• Like 3

I just had to do mandatory training about autism and people with special needs. It would have been great to do if it wasn't an 101 page document and didn't take hour and half to complete.

• Like 1

Delivery Tracking.

90+% of it is useless bollocks.

Yes I am currently awaiting a delivery since you ask

11:30am, update posted, with 'out for delivery', estimated between 12:15 and 4:15.

2::00pm, updated - '2 more stops before you'

2:20pm, updated - 'the driver has a few more deliveries on the way to your address'

2:45pm, updated - Now estimated 11AM - 3PM (still a few more deliveries)

3:00pm, updated - Still arriving today by 9pm.

What is the point?

(Before anyone asks, Its an electrical appliance too big to lug back from the out-of-town Curry's)

Jury citations.  I have no interest in sitting on a jury but they keep requesting I appear. 

Picked at random my arse.  This will be the second one in the space of 3 months.  Maybe I should write back to them and let them know I’m going to find the accused not guilty.  That might get my name out their system. 

11 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Jury citations.  I have no interest in sitting on a jury but they keep requesting I appear. 

Picked at random my arse.  This will be the second one in the space of 3 months.  Maybe I should write back to them and let them know I’m going to find the accused not guilty.  That might get my name out their system. 

This is likely an unpopular opinion but I’d actually quite like to do JS. I’ve heard of this happening a few times though, getting called up, rejecting, then it happening again.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

This is, of course, consistent with randomness. I got selected for jury service about 20 years ago; did my two weeks then got called up again a few months after. Declared that I'd done it within whatever timeframe they specify you're exempt, so I was then unselected. Never been selected since. 

I'm fine with the concept of jury duty so long as they don't put me in a court that's a pain in the ass to get to.

I've been called twice in the 2 decades I was eligible, but 3000 miles away so obviously hell no.

It's a long-standing rumor that lawyers don't usually make it past voir dire though.

I did have a friend who got called into state service one month, served for a few weeks, then federal the next month and they made her serve again. So a third of her year spent as a juror.

I'm just grateful I'm not on the jury for the Lucy Letby trial.  It began in October last year and the jury started deliberations earlier this month and are still out.  There are 37 charges altogether. 

I don't see how anybody could possibly get their head round it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The new Official Charts website. It's hideous. Check yourself if you don't believe me.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2023 at 13:22, time said:

The new Official Charts website. It's hideous. Check yourself if you don't believe me.

It's come out as bisexual.

• Haha 2

65caee454290c187d450821fb3daace2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMG_0979.jpeg

This cunt, who I am forced to see die in suitably gory ways every 5 fucking minutes when I’m playing Scrabble.

Not to mention the Z-listers telling me, in an advert, that Royal Match is great because… it has no adverts. 

• Like 2

Vent at trains.

I need overground trains to have last trains home after midnight on a weekend because they don't realise people like to have a nice evening or say...an artist runs over and doesn't finish until 11pm. My last train home was at 11.39pm. Thankfully I caught it but it's ridiculous.

Now vent at London Palladium:

Doors opened at 7pm, allowed everyone in but then didn't allow anyone to take a seat for a while. This caused a crush in reception area and nobody knew what we were lining up for. My friend got claustraphobic and ended up having a panic attack until I got a member of staff to get her some water and let us in early. Things turned ok in the end but it was bad queue management.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Vent at trains.

I need overground trains to have last trains home after midnight on a weekend because they don't realise people like to have a nice evening or say...an artist runs over and doesn't finish until 11pm. My last train home was at 11.39pm. Thankfully I caught it but it's ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more.  Late night public transport here is dire.  My last train from London on Saturdays & Sundays is about 11.30 pm.  We are luckier on other nights as there's one about half past midnight, but there are places that are easily accessible to me by train where I simply can't go to evening events because I couldn't get home. Birmingham, Bristol and even Swindon for instance. 

• Like 1

Just forked out £140 for boiler service and safety check. 

Been told that I have to replace a perfectly serviceable gas hob because it lacks a new safety device that turns off the gas in the unlikely event that the flame gets blown out and nobody notices.

Needless to say this gadget can't be retro-fitted.  Everything is such a fucking rip-off these days, they are constantly devising new ways to get money out of us.

• Like 1

Christmas work dos.

Honestly - one in the North of county (buffet) one in County hq middle (buffet) and one in South of County (piss up). 

All being organised by people with little going on in the day job...

The BBC News website. They've redesigned it again. Is it better than it was? No.

The fact that 'Fairytale of New York' no longer seems to be in the running for Christmas number one. I know everyone says the Christmas number one slot isn't culturally relevant anymore, but wouldn't it have been a great final present to Shane?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

The fact that 'Fairytale of New York' no longer seems to be in the running for Christmas number one. I know everyone says the Christmas number one slot isn't culturally relevant anymore, but wouldn't it have been a great final present to Shane?

It would, but the problem is it's been around for so long that everybody's already got it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

It would, but the problem is it's been around for so long that everybody's already got it.

It's not stopped Wham and Mariah given they're still in the running. Come on people, let's give Shane a proper send off here. It's a rare LadBaby-free year. This might be our last opportunity. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Toast said:

Streams are a big factor (though 100 streams = 1 sale)

• Like 2

On 21/12/2023 at 21:32, Sod's Law said:

I was a little disappointed that 'Fairytale of New York' didn't make it to No1 this year, it would have been a nice tribute for Shane MacGowan.

While I do already have it in my collection I did add a couple of extra downloads. Unfortunately I don't listen to music on a streaming service.

• Like 1