I made a christmas card for the staff at my work last week. It had a picture of Santa on the front and was very pretty (5 minute job).

I thought they would appreciate the effort.

Inside I wrote 'I made this beacause I can't afford to buy you a card with my crap wages'.

It was taken down by the office staff and I was warned that it would have been an instant dismissal had the boss found it.

I don't know how that's in Scotland, but such a dismissal would be illegal in my parts. Here you might be sacked, eventually, but you could make the boss pay dearly.

Anyway, I agree with The Pooka: leave those humourless tossers ASAP.

regards,

Hein

I made a christmas card for the staff at my work last week. It had a picture of Santa on the front and was very pretty (5 minute job).

I thought they would appreciate the effort.

Inside I wrote 'I made this beacause I can't afford to buy you a card with my crap wages'.

It was taken down by the office staff and I was warned that it would have been an instant dismissal had the boss found it.

I don't know how that's in Scotland, but such a dismissal would be illegal in my parts. Here you might be sacked, eventually, but you could make the boss pay dearly.

Anyway, I agree with The Pooka: leave those humourless tossers ASAP.

regards,

Hein

I have more in them than they have on me.

I'll just get in touch with one of Godot's friends and offload 3 years of scandal. :devil2:

Chris Rea "Driving Home For Christmas"

If any one "song" has been responsible for more people thinking "F*ck it, I've had enough of living" and pointing their car through the central reservation into oncoming traffic, I can't imagine what it would be.

Tuneless, talentless sh1t from start to finish.

I vote for Chris Rea's entire back-catalogue, and his future-catalogue too, to be hurled into Room 101. I mean... imagine... just *imagine*, people... whilst Radio 2's listeners are "enjoying" this excuse for music (i.e. trying in vain to keep one eye on the road ahead whilst frantically scrabbling at the knobs and buttons on their car stereos, trying to hear anything, ANYTHING but THIS SH1T), this pr1ck's kids are probably "enjoying" their ritualised christmas buggery at whatever public school he's put them through with the royalites from the endless seasonal airplay of this worthless, depressing dirge.

ZERO TOLERANCE for Rea's rubbish career which, I'm sorry to say it, is the musical equivalent of post-whoring.

ZERO TOLERANCE for ANYTHING else with even a vague hint of fvcking sleighbells (unless they were attached to the door of Room 101, so we could hear a little "chink chink" every time someone's pet hate is banished forever, which would be a rather nice touch, I think).

Chris Rea "Driving Home For Christmas"

If any one "song" has been responsible for more people thinking "F*ck it, I've had enough of living" and pointing their car through the central reservation into oncoming traffic, I can't imagine what it would be.

Tuneless, talentless sh1t from start to finish.

I vote for Chris Rea's entire back-catalogue, and his future-catalogue too, to be hurled into Room 101. I mean... imagine... just *imagine*, people... whilst Radio 2's listeners are "enjoying" this excuse for music (i.e. trying in vain to keep one eye on the road ahead whilst frantically scrabbling at the knobs and buttons on their car stereos, trying to hear anything, ANYTHING but THIS SH1T), this pr1ck's kids are probably "enjoying" their ritualised christmas buggery at whatever public school he's put them through with the royalites from the endless seasonal airplay of this worthless, depressing dirge.

ZERO TOLERANCE for Rea's rubbish career which, I'm sorry to say it, is the musical equivalent of post-whoring.

ZERO TOLERANCE for ANYTHING else with even a vague hint of fvcking sleighbells (unless they were attached to the door of Room 101, so we could hear a little "chink chink" every time someone's pet hate is banished forever, which would be a rather nice touch, I think).

Star Crossed! This is what's been missing from the Deathlist this past few weeks, a bit of seasonal Christmas cheer. Welcome back. Now could I introduced you to Xenon II, not a new member, but one who has become active after a prolonged layoff probably spent touting for favours around too many gentlemen's lavatories. Anyway he's just been doing a little too much post whoring of late and I wanted to bring it to your attention. My own attempts at censure are minsicule compared with your formidable arsenal. Then there's the woman (allegedly) called Clarissa de Winter whose posts I simply can't bear to read. You have your work cut out old friend , whoops, forgot, I don't have any.

Seconded.

People who pronounce "irate" as if it begins with an aitch.

People who pronounce Honez as though it's something to do with Honey.

It's not. It's Ho (as in Santa) Nezz (as in Mr Nesbit).

People that commit to buying your house then F*****g well back out less than a week before Christmas. If you want it, buy it, if you don't want it, F**k off and stop wasting my time. AAAAARRRRRRGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH I think I need a lie down with a bottle of whiskey and a large cake.

Those L'Oreal commercials and any other cosmetics or hairspray ad that thinks American accents are sophisticated.

I thought it was Spanish for Jones. I must be loco.

I somehow got the same idea. Can't think how that could have happened; I must be loco as well.

(We have something in common, G5000 - let's get married! :P )

I somehow got the same idea. Can't think how that could have happened; I must be loco as well.

Were you both pronouncing the z as a "th" because that's how I've been saying it too.

Were you both pronouncing the z as a "th" because that's how I've been saying it too.

I think I got the pronunciation about right but I always though of it as an odd/foreign (Spanish for some unknown reason) way of saying Jones!

Notapotato used to address Honez as Hones on occasion. I think that's where I got the idea from.

People who pronounce Honez as though it's something to do with Honey.It's not. It's Ho (as in Santa) Nezz (as in Mr Nesbit).

I somehow got the same idea. Can't think how that could have happened; I must be loco as well.(We have something in common, G5000 - let's get married! :P )

I think I got the pronunciation about right but I always though of it as an odd/foreign (Spanish for some unknown reason) way of saying Jones!

Notapotato used to address Honez as Hones on occasion. I think that's where I got the idea from.

Ai Carumba, you lot may be onto something.

Those L'Oreal commercials and any other cosmetics or hairspray ad that thinks American accents are sophisticated.

The Debenhams advert with the Santa Baby re-re-remix where you have the chap in a dapper red suit and a closely trimmed grey beard (looking a bit like Tim Curry I think) looking damnably cool and riding a snowmobile powered sleigh..

I'd let it go as average xmas toss and only give it the two fingered award (the Barry Scott award for fairly bad adverts) but that shot straight up to a one fingered award (the Ferrero Rocher award for outstanding servces) when I heard the obligatory rap in said remix stated that you could find 'DJ santa on the wheels of steel'. Twice.

If I ever meet the creator of that advert I reckon I owe him at least one barrel each for that, although I might have to join a queue.

I also thought Honez was pronounced 'Hones' by the way, but that's the glory of the English language. We only ever try to pronounce words phonetically if we don't already know how to pronounce them...

(We have something in common, G5000 - let's get married! :huh: )

I picked it up when a Mexican friend of a friend taught me rude words, i.e. Que una carga de cojones!

What a load of bollocks :o

Oh yes, given the friend was Mexican, so it was pronounced Ho (Santa) - Nezz (Nesbit) as they don't turn the unvoiced dental fricative into an unvoiced labio-dental fricative en Mexico.

Back on topic, people who pronounce Wednesday - "Wed-ens-day". I'm in the "Wenzday" camp myself, when will the others realise the error of their ways?

Oh yes, given the friend was Mexican, so it was pronounced Ho (Santa) - Nezz (Nesbit) as they don't turn the unvoiced dental fricative into an unvoiced labio-dental fricative en Mexico.

Jeez! That takes me back to my student days! Are you the ghost of Peter Ladefoged by any chance?!

That gay guy, at the starbucks I go to, who keeps trying to hump my leg.

Don't jump to conclusions. He may be straight.

If he were gay, he wouldn't be trying to hump your leg.

Sounds like you are being served by a dog.

If he were gay, he wouldn't be trying to hump your leg.

Sounds like you are being served by a dog.

I don't know, Windsor. That happened to me this summer, in a salsa club. I was somewhat taken aback by it all, but the guy seemed to enjoy himself. Don't think he was gay, mind.

People who give their sons the same name as the father. Are they really that unimaginative? And then the sons, who, as if it wasn't bad enough going through life being called 'Junior', then go and name their sons the same thing again!

Why?

Learner drivers being on the road between 4.30pm & 6.30pm, get off the bloody roads you selfish sods, some of us want to get home!!!!! :rip: