People who give their sons the same name as the father. Are they really that unimaginative? And then the sons, who, as if it wasn't bad enough going through life being called 'Junior', then go and name their sons the same thing again!

Why?

My brother didn't want to have a Jr., but his wife filled out the paperwork for the birth certificate for their son while my brother wasn't there. He was not happy.

My husband threatened me - while I was delivering the child - if I named him Mr. CA Jr. So I named him after my father. :ph34r:

People who aren't doctors (i.e. physicians) who insist on being called "Doctor" because they've got some degree. We used to have a guy in the office who, if some poor sod rang up and referred to him as "Mister" would immediately jump down their throat and say "it's DOCTOR actually!"

Then you get people listing themselevs as "Dr. whatever" on Sad Gits Reunited (OK, I admit I'm a member myself!). Were you a f***kin doctor at primary school then, you arsey tw*t?!

And yes I know they'll tell you "the original meaning of "doctor" is from the Latin meaning "teacher" and therefore more appropriate to someone with a degree..." but I don't bleedin care!

Old people who go to the bank at lunchtime and Tesco at the weekend. They should go when the rest of us are at work!

People who aren't doctors (i.e. physicians) who insist on being called "Doctor" because they've got some degree. We used to have a guy in the office who, if some poor sod rang up and referred to him as "Mister" would immediately jump down their throat and say "it's DOCTOR actually!"

Then you get people listing themselevs as "Dr. whatever" on Sad Gits Reunited (OK, I admit I'm a member myself!). Were you a f***kin doctor at primary school then, you arsey tw*t?!

And yes I know they'll tell you "the original meaning of "doctor" is from the Latin meaning "teacher" and therefore more appropriate to someone with a degree..." but I don't bleedin care!

Reminds me of the clip from the West Wing (see it

), where Bartlett is having a go at a 'doctor'. If you are in any way a religious zealot (i.e. Eileen :) ), it would be best not to clink on the link. :P

Reminds me of the clip from the West Wing (see it
), where Bartlett is having a go at a 'doctor'. If you are in any way a religious zealot (i.e. Eileen :) ), it would be best not to clink on the link. :P

The gist of that rant has been floating on the web for many years. Snopes.com has more about it.

regards,

Hein

Equally bad are the English nobility, who I believe nowadays got their titles solely through inheritance, unless I'm mistaken (maybe Windsor can correct me if so). I was once at a lunch at which some old coot was wheeled out and introduced himself as "Lord So-and-So". I was, like, uh, am I supposed to call this guy "Lord"? His first name was probably Kevin or something. Tosspot.

Appropriate to teaching? Try getting some bastard with a doctorate to teach. They're usually above that. 'Fund me with the student fees while I bring in £F**k all' is the usual message.

'two way mirrors'

its not a effing two-way mirror. its a one way mirror. in fact, as most mirrors are one way, it should be a One Way Window. :banghead:

ATM Machines with very loud buttons.

It puts people at risk. The one at the local corner shop is very loud - you can hear the buttons being pressed when you are inside the shop.

Alls that a theif has to do is wait for 4 beeps, budge you out the way and then take what he wants.

I could just use the new chip and pin machines but I don't like them either. They make a 5 second cash in hand payment into a good 30 seconds. THIS CAUSES GREATER QUEING!

I suppose the answer is simply just not to buy anything.

ATM Machines with very loud buttons.

You must be referring to those Automatic ATM Teller Machines that require your Personal Identification PIN Number to dispense cash money. I hate it when, unprompted and without asking, they give you printed hardcopy receipts that you have to put in their waste disposal bins

Oh, and people repeating the same thing twice too.

Guest Room 101 welcomes all...
QUEING!

... those who can't spell 'queueing'.

F*ckwits like Rude Kid and Siegfried Baboon who don't respond to civil emails.

Oh I'm really starting to get angry now.

I told you to steer clear of that grumpy juice.

QUEING!

... those who can't spell 'queueing'.

To be honest I prefer my way of spelling it. The proper way is sh*t.

People who end e-mails or text messages with an "x", which I always understood meant a kiss. Some of the loony spammers have included one in their recent messages to the DL, and I've even seen it creeping into work e-mails.

And people who write "speak soon", when they have no intention of so doing. :(

Strangers who say "see you later", erm I doubt it.

I say that to people who serve me in shops even if I don't really know them.

I may be back some other time, you see.

You're a DL member, you're allowed to... :(

What does annoy me though is when you say it to be nice and then they don't respond.

Rude bastards.

What does annoy me though is when you say it to be nice and then they don't respond.

Rude bastards.

Then you're officially allowed to knife them.

Rude bastards.

or when you stop or pull to the side of the road to let an oncoming car through, and they don't wave or flash their lights to say thank you. In an instant they've become my most hated person on the planet.

You're a DL member, you're allowed to... :party:

Rude bastards.

Then you're officially allowed to knife them.

Hmmm I better start being nice or it's :( for me

Another thing that annoys me; people on ebay who put in last second bids.

I was watching an auction come to an end last night and I was winning down to the last minute. I then refreshed the page to find that I had been outbid, and that I had 5 seconds left to put in a higher offer.

I was livid!

Then I realised I had saved some money, so I calmed down again.

or when you stop or pull to the side of the road to let an oncoming car through, and they don't wave or flash their lights to say thank you. In an instant they've become my most hated person on the planet.

Couldn't agree more, the motherfuckers. Hangin's too good for 'em!!!

Another thing that annoys me; people on ebay who put in last second bids.

I was watching an auction come to an end last night and I was winning down to the last minute. I then refreshed the page to find that I had been outbid, and that I had 5 seconds left to put in a higher offer.

I was livid!

Then I realised I had saved some money, so I calmed down again.

Allow me to introduce you to my husband.