I had a tooth extraction a few years ago, fortunately not a wisdom tooth; a few weeks after, just as i was beginning to get used to having a gap instead of a tooth, I was eating Sunday lunch - roast lamb, with rosemary.

I do not recommend getting one of those bastard needles stuck in the gum where a tooth used to be!

• Like 1

Wisdom Tooth extraction...

It's not going to kill me but it's got to be one of the worst minor medical procedures to have to deal with.

I feel your pain RA I have had all 4 of mine removed at different times and other teeth due to most of mine having interviewed the back of a Volvo and are broken below the gum line, I have had a dental surgeon grind down part of my jaw bone to remove a very damaged tooth, one of the worst experiences of my life.... next to being hit by a Volvo ;) .

The worst wisdom tooth by far was the last one to go last June, it had never fully come through, while the surface of the tooth was visible the rest of it was under the gum. It got infected and the infection blew up in a couple of hours one evening. I started feeling pain late afternoon, by the time I got home from work my face had started to swell, by 10 p.m. I looked like a hamster and by midnight I was in agony and it looked like I had half a football sticking out of the side of my face. I have to admit to spending the whole night in tears and trying not to scream in agony. I saw my dentist first thing in the morning and she sent me straight to the dental surgeon who was in the same building, he couldn't even get my mouth open. He prescribed a massive dose of antibiotics, I don't think I have ever had such a prescription, with the warning that it would take a few hours to kick in but if the swelling continued I was to get myself off to hospital immediately. I was also told to phone him the next day to report on progress and he would see me in his surgery 5 days later for the extraction. The swelling didn't get worse but the pain didn't recede for a day.

When I saw him for the extraction 5 days later there was still infection there and he said he didn't think he could take it out as the painkilling injections probably wouldn't take completely if infection was there, he said he would give it a go but was promising nothing. He put in the painkilling injections and it took, he was as surprised as me. The tooth came out immediately, it was over in 30 seconds and I never felt a thing!

So don't be too disheartened RA, sometimes the fear is often far worse than the procedure. I hope all goes well for you.

It's not going to kill me but it's got to be one of the worst minor medical procedures to have to deal with.

I had all four of mine out under general in May 11 - it was fucking horrendous. You have all of my sympathy.

I had all four of mine out under general in May 11 - it was fucking horrendous. You have all of my sympathy.

Thanks LB. Would not like to have this upset times four fold, so you get all my belated sympathies.

Thanks going to Time (I'll mind the rosemary) and LG (grim story to recount) too. 24 hours ago now so allready making a fair recovery after a poor nights sleep. Mrs Rotten is very unsympathetic though. She's had me doing the vacuuming and dishwasher chores. JOY.

• Like 2

Thanks LB. Would not like to have this upset times four fold, so you get all my belated sympathies.

Thanks going to Time (I'll mind the rosemary) and LG (grim story to recount) too. 24 hours ago now so allready making a fair recovery after a poor nights sleep. Mrs Rotten is very unsympathetic though. She's had me doing the vacuuming and dishwasher chores. JOY.

Rosemary and time....

Wonder if there's a TV programme or a song or summat there....

Well that explains everything, I wondered why you had no wisdom.............. :P

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seriously are a soft shite ( in the nicest possible way fella) and you need to put your foot down!!!

Well that explains everything, I wondered why you had no wisdom.............. :P

No wisdom, but fucking awesome blow jobs.

• Like 2

Nope, there really is no answer to that!!! :lol:

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 15. I ate a regular dinner that night and went on a date. Didn't give a blowjob, though. Had to draw the line somewhere. :P

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 15. I ate a regular dinner that night and went on a date. Didn't give a blowjob, though. Had to draw the line somewhere. :P

Especially if rosemary was involved. :D

True but you still let him shag seven bags of shit outta ya, eh CA!! :)

True but you still let him shag seven bags of shit outta ya, eh CA!! :)

SHHHHH!!!!!!! My parents still don't know!

Blogs like this and the smug, self-important women who write them.

lifestyle & food & babies & home & fashion & motherhood & beauty & bragging & attention-seeking

(OK, I added the last two but they go without saying really.) You could pick almost anything from this site and need to reach for a sick-bag.

Confession: I have not been to a supermarket since Hux was born. Whilst this is undoubtedly good for the soul it is simultaneously bad for the wallet, as both our village’s Co-op and Tesco Express are more expensive than the huge supermarket down the road.

1. Tesco Express is definitely a supermarket in my world.

2. I doubt that anywhere with a Tesco Express and a Co-op is actually a village.

Since I’ve been doing two or three little shops a week I’ve really noticed some bad shopping habits, and two items I consistently buy each time I shop – aside from Thomas The Tank Engine yoghurts – are double cream and decent butter (you know, the stuff with crunch crystals of sea salt? YUM)

:rolleyes:

The drizzle of truffle oil on top is a welcome addition though not necessary as we don’t all have gold-lined pockets.

:2guns:

It should be safe to browse for recipes without having all this crap inflicted.

• Like 1

Blogs like this and the smug, self-important women who write them.

lifestyle & food & babies & home & fashion & motherhood & beauty & bragging & attention-seeking

(OK, I added the last two but they go without saying really.) You could pick almost anything from this site and need to reach for a sick-bag.

Confession: I have not been to a supermarket since Hux was born. Whilst this is undoubtedly good for the soul it is simultaneously bad for the wallet, as both our village’s Co-op and Tesco Express are more expensive than the huge supermarket down the road.

1. Tesco Express is definitely a supermarket in my world.

2. I doubt that anywhere with a Tesco Express and a Co-op is actually a village.

Since I’ve been doing two or three little shops a week I’ve really noticed some bad shopping habits, and two items I consistently buy each time I shop – aside from Thomas The Tank Engine yoghurts – are double cream and decent butter (you know, the stuff with crunch crystals of sea salt? YUM)

:rolleyes:

The drizzle of truffle oil on top is a welcome addition though not necessary as we don’t all have gold-lined pockets.

:2guns:

It should be safe to browse for recipes without having all this crap inflicted.

Anybody that names their child "Hux" is a mahoosive w***er, period.

Well, perusing that blog was 20 minutes of my life I won't get back.

• Like 1

These people are massive tools.

They are not rich enough to live in Notting Hill/Muswell Hill but see themselves as some sort of middle class fuggin elite.

If they move more than ten miles from "London" its tantamount to emigrating to Australia.

They give their children the most ridiculous names ( not as bad as Chav offspring, admittedly) in the hope that it mirrors just how fucking vain and self absorbed they are, or summat.

Hux and Elfie? Poor little fuckers.

• Like 1

These people are massive tools.

They are not rich enough to live in Notting Hill/Muswell Hill but see themselves as some sort of middle class fuggin elite.

If they move more than ten miles from "London" its tantamount to emigrating to Australia.

They give their children the most ridiculous names ( not as bad as Chav offspring, admittedly) in the hope that it mirrors just how fucking vain and self absorbed they are, or summat.

Hux and Elfie? Poor little fuckers.

But good in DL terms, should any of the poor sods get anywhere near obit land. If you fail as a Fabian, Lucien,Hux, etc the only way out is six chambers of fun , one barrel of resolution.

I can't believe I came to California to freeze my ass off.

I can't believe I came to California to freeze my ass off.

ARSE woman ARSE!!!!!!

What do you define as cold?

Here its -1 and we have about 5 inches of snow on the ground.

-4 here, and the place is covered in ice.

Slipped on my arse this evening. It was a proper comedy slip too...

Don't suppose it was captured and downloaded on to you tube?

How much is "You've Been Framed" offering for such hilarity these days?

Luckily not. :P

I'm going to have a whorin' sare elbow and hip in the morning...