They call me Windsor the Soap King these days...

I've got an old worn out mouse where the fucking left button is kind of fucked or something, it keeps clicking when I don't want it to, the unintentional double-clicking on certain things is especially bad and people who were in Guantanamo Bay need to shut up complaining until they've tried working with this thing.

I've got an old worn out mouse where the fucking left button is kind of fucked or something, it keeps clicking when I don't want it to, the unintentional double-clicking on certain things is especially bad and people who were in Guantanamo Bay need to shut up complaining until they've tried working with this thing.

Buy a new one on Guantanamo Bay ebay for only £1-16p including delivery.

Buy a new one on Guantanamo Bay ebay for only £1-16p including delivery.

Well they would be £1-16p each but with a fucked mouse clicking away at random he would end up buying 221 of them and shelling out around £250.

• Like 4

This is something that has had me fuming for some time now. While I fully understand all the hard work that teachers put in, and work additional hours from home grading students' coursework. It pisses me off to no end the amount of days off during school term that children in the US get. They already get 13 weeks off during the summer, and now just after returning from the christmas / new year break, the school will be closed on Monday 19th and again on January 23rd. This is a list of closures and late starts that fall within school time from the beginning of this year until the beginning of June when they go on Summer break.

Martin Luther King Jr. Day ……………….…….…………………… Jan. 19

Evaluation and Planning ………….………….…….….………….. Jan. 23

Presidents’ Day ……………………………….…….……..…………… Feb. 16

Late Start ……………………………………….…………………………. Mar. 3

Evaluation/Planning Day ………………….…...….………..……. Mar. 27

Late Start ………………………………..…………..……………………… May 5

Memorial Day ………………………..………….….………………….. May 25

This is something that has had me fuming for some time now. While I fully understand all the hard work that teachers put in, and work additional hours from home grading students' coursework. It pisses me off to no end the amount of days off during school term that children in the US get. They already get 13 weeks off during the summer, and now just after returning from the christmas / new year break, the school will be closed on Monday 19th and again on January 23rd. This is a list of closures and late starts that fall within school time from the beginning of this year until the beginning of June when they go on Summer break.

I don't have an opinion on the complaint in general but I didn't know MLK day was a day off. That's kind of retarded, definitely the kind of guy who would have wanted kids to be learning rather than sitting around right?

I don't have an opinion on the complaint in general but I didn't know MLK day was a day off. That's kind of retarded, definitely the kind of guy who would have wanted kids to be learning rather than sitting around right?

Dr Z, that's just from the start of the year, I haven't bothered to list school closures from September-December. You'd have also thought that Lincoln and Washington would have wanted the same for the children.

I don't know why they can't schedule the school term properly around the holidays rather than having all these short weeks. It's hard enough getting the kids to concentrate in a normal week as it is. And people wonder why the US is falling behind the rest of the world.

Dr Z, that's just from the start of the year, I haven't bothered to list school closures from September-December. You'd have also thought that Lincoln and Washington would have wanted the same for the children.

I don't know why they can't schedule the school term properly around the holidays rather than having all these short weeks. It's hard enough getting the kids to concentrate in a normal week as it is. And people wonder why the US is falling behind the rest of the world.

Also it really ill-prepares them for the future US adult-life where you only get like one or two days off outside of Xmas, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving or something like that, right?

*notices Robert M Pirsig*

Funny to see my picks from last year getting chosen btw.... wonder if/how many will have Olly Croft when we get the teams posted...

Also it really ill-prepares them for the future US adult-life where you only get like one or two days off outside of Xmas, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving or something like that, right?

*notices Robert M Pirsig*

Funny to see my picks from last year getting chosen btw.... wonder if/how many will have Olly Croft when we get the teams posted...

Well it depends on if you work for government or private sector.

I read up on Pirsig's health when he was mentioned a few months ago and he seemed a viable choice.

I know a teacher.

She was crowing, only the other day, that she had a mere thirty days till the next school break.

Now I do accept that teachers do work evenings, in their own time etc but, lets be honest, that's more than compensated for by a mahoosive amount of holiday time they get off.

I chose the wrong fucking path!

I know a teacher.

She was crowing, only the other day, that she had a mere thirty days till the next school break.

Now I do accept that teachers do work evenings, in their own time etc but, lets be honest, that's more than compensated for by a mahoosive amount of holiday time they get off.

I think teachers deserve all the holidays they get. The gods know that we need them and that the pay isn't great. We could do with better teachers, though, and children with more interesting stuff they're taught.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

I fully acknowledge all the hard work teachers put in. my gripe was over how many weeks during actual term are disrupted by the school closing. They should reschedule the school year so as many of these days fall within half-term.

The first couple of months back are the hardest for teachers having to re-teach the kids things that they've forgotten over the 13 weeks off during the Summer.

13 weeks off in summer is madness. A whole quarter of the year as one long holiday. This has got to be the reason why so many Americans are "thick". UK school holidays amount totally to 13 weeks and that's too long. 6 weeks summer, 2 weeks Easter and Christmas and 3 single "half term" holidays. Three teacher training days and a few stray bank holidays outside school holidays. Something like 192 teaching days. Too few. The 3 half term holidays need scraping and just allow families two weeks floating undiscretionary holiday allowance. The price of package holidays is crazy if taken during school holiday dictated times. Upto 4 fold more expensive. I would sooner now pay the £60 fine.

13 weeks off in summer is madness. A whole quarter of the year as one long holiday. This has got to be the reason why so many Americans are "thick". UK school holidays amount totally to 13 weeks and that's too long. 6 weeks summer, 2 weeks Easter and Christmas and 3 single "half term" holidays. Three teacher training days and a few stray bank holidays outside school holidays. Something like 192 teaching days. Too few. The 3 half term holidays need scraping and just allow families two weeks floating undiscretionary holiday allowance. The price of package holidays is crazy if taken during school holiday dictated times. Upto 4 fold more expensive. I would sooner now pay the £60 fine.

Oh I agree, 13 weeks off during the Summer is ludicrous. Not only do the kids get bored, have difficulty to remember what they were taught just 3 months before (especially when they're younger) it makes it harder for them to get back into a regular schedule.

I grew up in England, I think the only bank holiday I remember that fell during school term time were the May bank holidays. I can't remember if it was just the one at the end of May or both that one and May Day. I don't even remember there being teacher training days. I used to get bored after the first 4 weeks during the Summer.

But then again, I was in school during the 1980s and my teachers spent a fair amount of time on strike.

I volunteered in my daughter's class for a year when she was in 1st grade (ages 6-7) there were some children there that could barely read the basic books that were placed in front of them. I had a couple of very good readers there that towards the end of the year were reading at 3rd grade level, although they still needed to work on their comprehension.

The addictive nature of old corrie episodes... watching 70 in a couple of weeks can't be good for me.

The addictive nature of old corrie episodes... watching 70 in a couple of weeks can't be good for me.

TMI.

I tried to connect with the proles last night by watching some "Death in Paradise" on iPlayer. Guess what, the fucking thing fucking glitches. Anyone else had glitches galore on iPlayer? These constant jarring glitches are one of the main reasons I don't bother watching anything on there. It just SKIPPED AHEAD 3 or 5 minutes with absolutely no reason or warning while I was just getting comfortable watching the beginning.........

Also once a long time ago I was watching something on it, and I paused it to go and get something to drink and the stupid fucker UNPAUSED ITSELF while I was out the room. How fucktarded can you get?

TMI.

I tried to connect with the proles last night by watching some "Death in Paradise" on iPlayer. Guess what, the fucking thing fucking glitches. Anyone else had glitches galore on iPlayer? These constant jarring glitches are one of the main reasons I don't bother watching anything on there. It just SKIPPED AHEAD 3 or 5 minutes with absolutely no reason or warning while I was just getting comfortable watching the beginning.........

Also once a long time ago I was watching something on it, and I paused it to go and get something to drink and the stupid fucker UNPAUSED ITSELF while I was out the room. How fucktarded can you get?

You think that's bad, try ITV player. Unwatchable.

TMI.

You think that's bad, try ITV player. Unwatchable.

Nope... I've actually had hardly any problems with that. As little as there is to watch on ITV at least it doesn't fucking UNPAUSE its cuntself.

We must have very different computers.

Just makes me explode with face-pummelling anger because I've actually had "people" tell me "oh stop whining" when incredibly basic things (including iPlayer) don't work as they should.

The whole point of TV is supposed to be that you sit back and enjoy it, it's not supposed to be a pitched hour-long battle with a fucking recuntcitrant piece of piss-garbage from hell where I spend most of the hour (or two, by the time it's finished glitching) trying to concentrate on getting the fucking thing to play in the fucking order it was fucking broadcast in.....

The fact that 17 professional risk takers who valued their right to offend dying spawns a worldwide march of solidarity and is being used as a platform to justify the pointless war on terror while 2000 people are massacred by Boko Haram in Nigeria and barely anyone in the west bats an eyelid despite the fuss made when they kidnapped a few hundred school girls. Why do we live in a world where the significance of news is so skewed?

The fact that 17 professional risk takers who valued their right to offend dying spawns a worldwide march of solidarity and is being used as a platform to justify the pointless war on terror while 2000 people are massacred by Boko Haram in Nigeria and barely anyone in the west bats an eyelid despite the fuss made when they kidnapped a few hundred school girls. Why do we live in a world where the significance of news is so skewed?

Were some of those 17 people that died not civilians in a supermarket and a couple of police officers, rather than 'professional risk takers'?

Were some of those 17 people that died not civilians in a supermarket and a couple of police officers, rather than 'professional risk takers'?

Nearly 6,000 children die every day from starvation; that's analogous to over 10 fully laden jumbo jets crashing every day and barely a mention in the news. Once in a blue moon a plane with a couple of hundred people on board crashes and gets wall to wall coverage for days on end.

• Like 1

There truly are some god awful people out there, bereft of personality, warmth and any degree of likeabilty whatsoever.

They are the kind of people that take a sledgehammer approach to things and are totally blind/thick/arrogant to the fact that no fucker likes them at all.

You can only wish on them a super virulent form of syphilis or summat.

There truly are some god awful people out there, bereft of personality, warmth and any degree of likeabilty whatsoever.

They are the kind of people that take a sledgehammer approach to things and are totally blind/thick/arrogant to the fact that no fucker likes them at all.

Well you shouldn't have gone to the UKIP meeting then...

Well you shouldn't have gone to the UKIP meeting then...

Some people are that dislikeable it would be preferable to be stuck in a lift with Robert Mugabe and Ruby Wax.

The sort of people who work at F & R Auto Sales.