The worry you go through when your period is late.

If your avatar is anything to go by, I wouldn't be too concerned/anxious.... :skull:

If your avatar is anything to go by, I wouldn't be too concerned/anxious.... :skull:

That avatar is the legendary Shari Lewis.

Handy may not have found the very best piccy of her but, trust me, in her heyday Ms Lewis was gorgeous!!!

Dont dis Shari!!!

OK, that was completely uncalled for.

I did think that it was being rude, then I thought that id got the wrong end of the stick so........... :blink:

So it WAS a nasty post...

Hmmm.

I did think that it was being rude, then I thought that id got the wrong end of the stick so........... :blink:

So it WAS a nasty post...

Hmmm.

Oh, I thought it was funny! Have I got the wrong end of the stick then? I don't think he was being nasty, was he? Were you?

Handy may not have found the very best piccy of her but, trust me, in her heyday Ms Lewis was gorgeous!!!

Dont dis Shari!!!

Yes, she was a fine looking woman in her day, and talented too. Sadly there don't seem to be many photos of her around.

As for me, I wasn't offended. I'm no Grace Kelly, (but then again I'm no Ruth Kelly either. )

Worry is over with now by the way.

Dont dis Shari!!!

Yes, she was a fine looking woman in her day, and talented too. Sadly there don't seem to be many photos of her around.

As for me, I wasn't offended. I'm no Grace Kelly, (but then again I'm no Ruth Kelly either. )

Phew! I'll sleep well tonight. :blink:

No doubt they've been mentioned before, but chuggers get right on my tits, since I have to run the gauntlet of the excessively chirpy and gormless w**nkers just about every day. Even wearing headphones doesn't stop them poking their f*****g clipboards in my face. Charity, let it begin at home.

I'm not the only one that feels this way.

No doubt they've been mentioned before, but chuggers get right on my tits, since I have to run the gauntlet of the excessively chirpy and gormless w**nkers just about every day. Even wearing headphones doesn't stop them poking their f*****g clipboards in my face. Charity, let it begin at home.

The solution is not to speak generously. My answer everytime would be "No, I'm not interested" and on the second "Look man, I'm not f****n interested .. do people often repeat sentences to you?"

Make it a priority to enlighten them.

Dont dis Shari!!!

I don't believe I said anything wrong, but if I were somewhat "gauche", it's probably because I'm left-handed". :blink:

I don't believe I said anything wrong, but if I were somewhat "gauche", it's probably because I'm left-handed". :crossbone:

Well, you lefties, you know what they say about you....

I don't believe I said anything wrong, but if I were somewhat "gauche", it's probably because I'm left-handed". :crossbone:

Well, you lefties, you know what they say about you....

What do they say about us?

Stand up now and repeat after me: I'm left-handed and I'm proud!

Regards

Sinister Mono

ned2.jpg

Bloody Computers!

My laptop died about a month ago which prompted me to buy a new one last week.

Anyway - the new one is being a dick (this is a shameless attempt to gain some advice).

The laptop came with a TRIAL for Microsoft Word 2007. Anyway, that will probably run out soon.

The thing is that it keeps annoying me for a product key which I don't have (because it is an inbuilt trial). My brother-in-law lent me a copy of his Microsoft Word 2007 so I could instal it on my laptop (you are allowed to install it on three computers, and this has only been used on one) but it won't let me.

It keeps saying that I have entered an invalid product key.

So what should I do?

Should I delete the program that is currently on the laptop, and then reinstall the one from the disk? If I delete the one on the computer might that lead to all my work that is on the computer to disappear?

I really do hate computers. This is probably my own fault anyway for being such a cheapskate...

Bloody Computers!

Anyway - the new one is being a dick (this is a shameless attempt to gain some advice).

The laptop came with a TRIAL for Microsoft Word 2007. Anyway, that will probably run out soon.

The thing is that it keeps annoying me for a product key which I don't have (because it is an inbuilt trial). My brother-in-law lent me a copy of his Microsoft Word 2007 so I could instal it on my laptop (you are allowed to install it on three computers, and this has only been used on one) but it won't let me.

So what should I do?

Should I delete the program that is currently on the laptop, and then reinstall the one from the disk? If I delete the one on the computer might that lead to all my work that is on the computer to disappear?

I really do hate computers. This is probably my own fault anyway for being such a cheapskate...

Winny, sweetheart.

Would this not have been better suited to Ask a Deathlister?

I know you meant to post it there but the pull of Room 101 was, for you, like a Dog pissing up its favourite tree.

Never admit to being a cheapskate!

Bloody Computers!

So what should I do?

Winny, sweetheart.

I know you meant to post it there but the pull of Room 101 was, for you, like a Dog pissing up its favourite tree.

To be fair, it was a difficult choice. On the one hand it is a general question, but on the other it is very annoying.

Bloody Computers!

So what should I do?

Winny, sweetheart.

To be fair, it was a difficult choice. On the one hand it is a general question, but on the other it is very annoying.

I'm interested in the answer to this one too, I have a similar problem. With Word, I mean, not with being a cheapskate.

Bloody Computers!

So what should I do?

Winny, sweetheart.

I'm interested in the answer to this one too, I have a similar problem. With Word, I mean, not with being a cheapskate.

If the product key your brother-in-law gave you does not work with the trial version then I don't see any problem uninstalling the trial version (I doubt Microsoft will make that an easy task, cnuts that they are) then re-installing the full version. Theoretically you definitely shouldn't lose your files but since computers are as tempremental as a military dictatorship, I suggest investing in a passport or full size external drive to make a back up copy. Of course I do not practise what I preach, I just use my external drive to take files off my laptop to encourage the hamsters to run faster. Backing up is one of those have to be in the mood moments.

Bloody Computers!

So what should I do?

Winny, sweetheart.

you will need to purchase the apprpriate

If the product key your brother-in-law gave you does not work with the trial version then I don't see any problem uninstalling the trial version (I doubt Microsoft will make that an easy task, cnuts that they are) then re-installing the full version. Theoretically you definitely shouldn't lose your files but since computers are as tempremental as a military dictatorship, I suggest investing in a passport or full size external drive to make a back up copy. Of course I do not practise what I preach, I just use my external drive to take files off my laptop to encourage the hamsters to run faster. Backing up is one of those have to be in the mood moments.

The problem is that Microsoft are just bundling "trial versions" with new computers (probably because they lost a law-suit and cannot be the sole software delverers, by default, to all PCs). What it means is that you will need to purchase the appropriate Microsoft software to actually use the applications you thought you would have full use of......I agree, they're b*stards.

Once you have the application disks (Vista/Windows XP) and enter the product key, then your applications SHOULD start (might need a re-boot). Anyhow, I recently went through the process amd still had to get onto Microsoft for them to recognise my valid ID. :banghead:

Bloody Computers!

[Microsoft, blah, blah, blah, bunch or twats, blah, blah, blah]

Winny, sweetheart.

If I were you I would uninstall as much Microsoft "trialware" as you can and head off to Open Office for some quality free alternatives.

I've been using Open Office software for ages. It pretty much does everything most people need, they're free, they're good and they're not Microsoft.

This is where the phrase you only get what you pay for does not apply.

f*****g McDonald's workers. Twats, every last one of them.

I rarely buy McDonald's, but tonight, after a particularly energetic night's sleep ( :rolleyes: ) last night, I was too knackered to cook, so I thought I would grace my local drive thru with my presence. Finally get to the counter where they take my money and say, 'just wait over in the car park, we'll bring it over' - so I sit freezing my f*****g bollocks off for 10 minutes, doesn't seem long but in my world it's an age - so I jump out of the car, go into the store, and, quite stupidly I suppose on my part, pick the most gormless looking div in a hat I can find and say 'I've been waiting out there for ten minutes, can you get my order now please', and stomp back to my car. Within 30 seconds he's out with my order, and off I go home. You guessed it, get home and it's f*****g wrong. Now you tell me what is so hard about putting BACON in a CHEESE AND BACON BURGER? Where's my f*****g bacon? And there's no point going back to complain because I will only stab someone in the face for forgetting my bacon, and in the scheme of things, no bacon is probably better than 5 years inside for wounding with intent to MANGLE SOMEONE'S FACE FOR FORGETTING MY BACON! BASTARDS! I'm paying my f*****g council tax to educate these dumb f**ks that can't even get a basic f*****g burger right! AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHGHGHGHGHGHGH! I need to lay down.

And, and, if it's called McDonald's, with Mc, why is it called a Big Mac? Surely it should be a Big Mc. See, proves my theory that they're all thick as sh*t.

so I sit freezing my f*****g bollocks off for 10 minutes,

You've got bollocks? :rolleyes:

You've got bollocks? :rolleyes:

Not any more I f*****g haven't, they've frozen off.

You've got bollocks? :banghead:

Not any more I f*****g haven't, they've frozen off.

:rolleyes::banghead::banghead:

michaeldouglas_fallingdown.jpg

f*****g McDonald's workers. Twats, every last one of them.

I rarely buy McDonald's, but tonight, after a particularly energetic night's sleep ( :rolleyes: ) last night, I was too knackered to cook, so I thought I would grace my local drive thru with my presence. Finally get to the counter where they take my money and say, 'just wait over in the car park, we'll bring it over' - so I sit freezing my f*****g bollocks off for 10 minutes, doesn't seem long but in my world it's an age - so I jump out of the car, go into the store, and, quite stupidly I suppose on my part, pick the most gormless looking div in a hat I can find and say 'I've been waiting out there for ten minutes, can you get my order now please', and stomp back to my car. Within 30 seconds he's out with my order, and off I go home. You guessed it, get home and it's f*****g wrong. Now you tell me what is so hard about putting BACON in a CHEESE AND BACON BURGER? Where's my f*****g bacon? And there's no point going back to complain because I will only stab someone in the face for forgetting my bacon, and in the scheme of things, no bacon is probably better than 5 years inside for wounding with intent to MANGLE SOMEONE'S FACE FOR FORGETTING MY BACON! BASTARDS! I'm paying my f*****g council tax to educate these dumb f**ks that can't even get a basic f*****g burger right! AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHGHGHGHGHGHGH! I need to lay down.

And, and, if it's called McDonald's, with Mc, why is it called a Big Mac? Surely it should be a Big Mc. See, proves my theory that they're all thick as sh*t.

michaeldouglas_fallingdown.jpg

People with more than 12 items in the express lane at the supermarket.

Selfish cnuts. Hanging's too good for them.